HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The past 21 days of Cody Hodgsons Life

Old
03-08-2012, 08:36 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

vCash: 500
The past 21 days of Cody Hodgsons Life

Not sure if this has been posted but this is what he's been up to the last 21 days...

Saturday 2/18 Vancouver HOME vs Toronto
Sunday 2/19 @ Oilers
Tuesday 2/21 @ Predators
Thursday 2/23 @ Red Wings
Friday 2/24 @ Devils
Sunday 2/26 @ Stars
Monday 2/27 TRADED to Buffalo and FLEW to Buffalo Tuesday for Physical and paperwork
Wednesday 2/29 @ Anaheim
Thursday 3/1 @ San Jose
Saturday 3/3 HOME (Basically) @ Vancouver
Monday 3/5 @ Winnipeg
Wednesday Back to Buffalo.
Thursday @ Boston

Satursday @ Ottawa

Tonight will be 12 games in 11 different cities in 21 days PLUS another flight cross country for paperwork.

BRUTAL. ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:08 AM
CrankyJay

Which is why he gets an absolute pass from me. I'll start evaluating him next season once he has found a home and has settled in and creates bonds with the area and his teammates.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

NO PASS FROM ME.

HODGSON Y U NO HAVE 10 PTS ALREADY???

Stop Winnin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:13 AM
tmack224

Ya can't wait to see him when he hasnt gone around the world in 20 days lol.

Stafford-Hodgson-Parise sounds good to me next year

(I wouldnt say Stafford but i doubt he goes anywhere with his value so low and him and parise together again might spark his abilities again)

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

He's flying first class, with a magical window that he can talk to and see his loved ones through, eating the finest food, getting a massage when he snaps his fingers, and staying in fine hotels.

This isn't the Trail of Tears people. Suck it up and score more than 3 points in 17 games kid, this franchise is on your back now. Can't hide on the thrid line against bottom pairings anymore. Either he starts producing or the Sabres don't make the playoffs because these so called seasoned veterans like Roy and Boyes don't have what it takes.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
He's flying first class, with a magical window that he can talk to and see his loved ones through, eating the finest food, getting a massage when he snaps his fingers, and staying in fine hotels.

This isn't the Trail of Tears people. Suck it up and score more than 3 points in 17 games kid, this franchise is on your back now. Can't hide on the thrid line against bottom pairings anymore. Either he starts producing or the Sabres don't make the playoffs because these so called seasoned veterans like Roy and Boyes don't have what it takes.
Yes, I'm sure that's what his life is like. Right now he's probably sipping bubbly by the *** fireplace while having his toes individually massaged by Terry Pegula himself, ready to take a personal party jet to Boston "when he's ready."

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Yes, I'm sure that's what his life is like. Right now he's probably sipping bubbly by the *** fireplace while having his toes individually massaged by Terry Pegula himself, ready to take a personal party jet to Boston "when he's ready."
Don't deny that he just moved from the 2nd nicest locker room to the nicest locker room in the world!

If that fire place and hot coco doesn't melt a traveler's stress away, nothing will!

Old
03-08-2012, 10:30 AM
MyersMagic57*

Quote:

Jet Lag says hello.

But seriously give him a break, he is a rookie and he has just been sent into a whirl wind of a trip and has to do that as well as keep up with practice and games at the highest level of hockey in the world. I'd like to see you try that and come back and re-post that comment.

MyersMagic57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:

You seem to have an awfully skewed outlook on what the life of a professional sports player is like during a season.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:44 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by play4miracles View Post
he's flying first class, with a magical window that he can talk to and see his loved ones through, eating the finest food, getting a massage when he snaps his fingers, and staying in fine hotels.

This isn't the trail of tears people. Suck it up and score more than 3 points in 17 games kid, this franchise is on your back now. can't hide on the thrid line against bottom pairings anymore. Either he starts producing or the sabres don't make the playoffs because these so called seasoned veterans like roy and boyes don't have what it takes.
lolwut?

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:59 AM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
lolwut?
probably forgot the at the end

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
Jet Lag says hello.

But seriously give him a break, he is a rookie and he has just been sent into a whirl wind of a trip and has to do that as well as keep up with practice and games at the highest level of hockey in the world. I'd like to see you try that and come back and re-post that comment.
I've been feeling salty since the TDL. I don't dislike Hodgson, or the acqusition of him, but not for Kassian.

Also he's 22. I fly around the world drink all night and bang home the hatty in back to backs at 22. Drink a Red Bull, suck it up.

Old
03-08-2012, 11:08 AM
tmack224

Quote:
I've been feeling salty since the TDL. I don't dislike Hodgson, or the acqusition of him, but not for Kassian.

Also he's 22. I fly around the world drink all night and bang home the hatty in back to backs at 22. Drink a Red Bull, suck it up.
I think you need to lay off the red bull

Just a side note Kassian has been demoted to the 4th line in Vancouver. not saying it means anything but Hodgson is gonna be a better all around player IMO

Old
03-08-2012, 11:13 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post

Just a side note Kassian has been demoted to the 4th line in Vancouver. not saying it means anything but Hodgson is gonna be a better all around player IMO
Kassian has not been demoted to the fourth line. He has spent time there as AV has switched up the lines here and there, but mostly Kassian has played second and third line minutes. Mason Raymond has been demoted to the fourth line...mostly because of Kassian's superb play.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:15 AM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post

In fairness, he started on the fourth line and played his way onto the second. Then, he was moved back down.

Hodgson's fine. He's a rookie in a slump, in the middle of an unbelievably hectic travel schedule. I wasn't expecting him to come in and set the place on fire offensively from the get go.

I assume he'll end up with around 40 points on the season. Next season is when I'm expecting him to come in and contribute 50-60 points and be a key player.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:32 AM
ADoubleD

I'm hoping Hodgson can start producing for us this season, but I'm not exactly expecting him to put up big numbers the remainder of the year. I can only imagine that getting traded at his age has to be harder than getting traded when your thirty, but I could be wrong. He's in his first full NHL season, and is just starting to get used to what it's like be in the NHL. Not only does he have to get used to being in the NHL, but now he has to adjust to a new team, new system, new teammates, new role, new city etc. I can only imagine that's gotta be hard on him.

I'm hoping that he starts putting up some points for us this season, and that an offseason of training, and getting better adjusted to his new team, city, role, and teammates will help him out for next year. Look at Brayden Schenn for Philly. About the same age as Hodgson, and was traded to a new team and city before the season started. I know he's had injury issues, but it's not he's been great in Philly so far. Only 8 goals 11 points in 37 games. It just takes time for young guys to get used to the NHL, and adjust to new situations when they get traded.

ADoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:38 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Good to know the franchise is "on <his> back"

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:41 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
In fairness, he started on the fourth line and played his way onto the second. Then, he was moved back down.

Hodgson's fine. He's a rookie in a slump, in the middle of an unbelievably hectic travel schedule. I wasn't expecting him to come in and set the place on fire offensively from the get go.

I assume he'll end up with around 40 points on the season. Next season is when I'm expecting him to come in and contribute 50-60 points and be a key player.
Precisely.... But some did expect it... Shame on them.

Play4 .... Face it, you love Kassian.... So much so that it clouds a fair judgement as to why this was a win win trade for both teams. Your little (Cody should be superhuman) rant is unfair and heavily bias. I honestly think you would of been unhappy with anyone short of a first line player for Kassian. And that is just plain unbalanced thinking. Do you have the ability to step back and look at a trade without the heart involved?

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:42 AM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
Good to know the franchise is "on <his> back"
I still can't believe somebody actually believes that.

In a few years, I firmly believe the franchise will be on his back. He'll be a top line center and one of our most important fixtures. Now? Not so much.

I think people need to realize that this trade was a trade of futures more so than it was a trade for immediate help. That said, Hodgson did want more ice time, and he's getting it.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:44 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
I still can't believe somebody actually believes that.

In a few years, I firmly believe the franchise will be on his back. He'll be a top line center and one of our most important fixtures. Now? Not so much.

I think people need to realize that this trade was a trade of futures more so than it was a trade for immediate help. That said, Hodgson did want more ice time, and he's getting it.
I'm hoping he unleashes that slapshot against Timmy Thomas for you guys tonight.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Coles19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Kassian has not been demoted to the fourth line. He has spent time there as AV has switched up the lines here and there, but mostly Kassian has played second and third line minutes. Mason Raymond has been demoted to the fourth line...mostly because of Kassian's superb play.
Yaa he looked awesome on that penalty shot where he lost the puck into the corner failing to evwn get a shot off.

Coles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 12:12 PM
tmack224

There was an article on espn insider that higgins is gonna take the spot of the second line that kassian was on and kassian will be on the 4th line in the game tonight against winnipeg. i wasnt saying anything bad about him im just letting you know...

Old
03-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Afinogretzky

kassian's "superb play"....

c'mon. i know the nucks fanbase wants to do and say ANYTHING to validate the trade, but let's not be ridiculous. i've watched all the nucks games and kassian has been mediocre at best. physical yes, but even that's tailing off (as many predicted would happen after the adrenaline wore off). he was absolutely terrible against the stars the other night. vancouver is in big trouble if they think they can reply on kassian to fill a top 9 role in the playoffs.

Afinogretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 12:30 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Kassian and Hodgson are both young NHLers. They will have up's and downs. Canucks fans are generally happy with Kassian. Sabres fans are generally happy with Hodgson. Stop trying to read into it and make junk up! So lame.
It's also way way way to early to project either player to be more or less than what they are doing today. Next February is a great time to look back and see the full picture. Stop with the immature sniping.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

So easy for people to forget that these guys are human beings. And in the midst of all this Cody probably hasn't even got all of his belongings from Vancouver or bought a house/apartment.

Not to mention he was thrust on to a team clawing for their playoff lives with a completely new set of teammates, coaches, systems and what not, all at the age of 21.

Yea i'll give the kid a pass for the rest of the year honestly.

Lot of maturity needed to tackle all of these situations.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote