HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colorado @ Nashville 7:00 - How about we try this time?

Old
03-08-2012, 10:34 PM
MrMariusz

vCash: 500
Well-deserved victory!

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:34 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Nice win!!

Go Preds!!!

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:36 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 6000
well done fellas, well done.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:36 PM
klt2001

Boy that was close but when isn't it w/ the Preds...lol. Preds win 4-2. Great job guys/Predators. Much better team effort in this game by all the players than the last one. Great win.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-09-2012 at 12:08 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:38 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Glad the Preds could salt this one. That Johnson slash was pretty brutal, and pretty pathetic that two officials had their eyes in that direction and elected not to call, based on Tootoo's history of over-reaction.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:48 PM
tserberis*

Wings looks like better option now then Blues.

Blues just deadly. Wings as always - old hurting farts.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:53 PM
DiXEN8

Man it hurts... I have both Wilson and Smith in my keeper's pool

What's wrong with them ?

DiXEN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I haven't seen one that wasn't by a d-man or guy like Horqvist in a while. SK came the closest earlier tonight but never cleanly broke in.
Legwand had one where he went 5-hole to seal the game not more than 3-4 games ago. Florida maybe?

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:57 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post

I'm not so sure about that. Except for our last game against the Blues, it seemed to me we had an easier time beating the Blues vs the Wings. So far we have played the Wings 4 times and have lost 3 of our games to them; only winning once against the Wings. Whereas w/ the Blues, we have won 4 of our games against them; losing only once to them. I think I'll take my chances against the Blues over the Wings. Of course, the playoffs are different than the regular season so who knows. Not to mention the Blues may have added players from the trade deadlines to make their team stronger and so may be a different team than at the beginning/middle of the season. Still think the Preds have a better chance of winning against the Blues vs the Red Wings. Could be wrong though.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-09-2012 at 12:02 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:58 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

I just wanted to say that you guys have a great fanbase and that you guys are very classy. When EJ came back it was amazing to see that the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:05 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Legwand had one where he went 5-hole to seal the game not more than 3-4 games ago. Florida maybe?
I didn't get to watch the Florida game ... it's still on the DVR ... had mandatory fun for work that night. Nothing like being forced to put on the fancy outfit and spend a weekend night with the boss.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:16 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I just wanted to say that you guys have a great fanbase and that you guys are very classy. When EJ came back it was amazing to see that the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

It's one thing to taunt a player for mistakes on the ice, i.e. the goalie chants we like to do. Injuries are never worth celebrating and any player who comes back deserves a clap or two.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Great win tonight for the Preds! Not understanding the Wilson scratch, unless injury? If not, time for him to go play in another system where he is not stifled like I am guessing Legwand was. Don't get me wrong, Legwand plays a certain role on your team, but i am guessing as a number 2 overall, he had alot more skill that was not able to showcase in his earlier years?
Trotz does not see him as a " go to guy" for some reason, and I think on a different team he could really use his strengths more.
I hope you guys continue to win and go far in the playoffs . Obviously his "system" works!!!!
Watched St. Louis game tonight, and they are a powerhouse....well run ship! Good luck!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:40 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It's one thing to taunt a player for mistakes on the ice, i.e. the goalie chants we like to do. Injuries are never worth celebrating and any player who comes back deserves a clap or two.
Yeah but most people applaud as the person get's up after the injury and that's it but not when they step back on to the ice and enter the play and give him a standing ovation instead of just a clap or two. Either way I was impressed because not many fans would do that.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:49 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Trotz said in the post game that he sat Smth because he has hit a wall like many college players do their first pro season... and he said it was tough to bench Wilson because he had 4 goals in 8 games but he has 24 guys and only 20 spots... sounds like he's gonna rotate the scratches to keep everyone fresh and hungry...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:57 PM
PredsChik

If you ever get a chance to sit behind the bench, the experience is well worth the obstructed view. Easily one of the best game experiences ever.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:23 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post

No way, I want anyone from the Pacific. We need to either win the division or drop to 6th.

Great game tonight boys. Saturday is gonna be fun!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:36 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
gotta earn my paycheck somehow.. lol
Wait... you get a pay check??!

It was good meeting Pattypred, Predsboro, predsfan98, and Adzy. I think I have met three of you before, but still good to see you all.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:39 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I'm ready for saturday now!

kypredsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 03:50 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I don't care if there is a roster crunch. There is no reason fr Wilson to be sitting

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:47 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Wilson sitting with Tootoo playing sends what message?? I agree that was a bad call sitting him. I will say though, Halishuk also needs to be in the line-up, he's better than Spaling for sure. Yip made as many bad plays as he did good plays, sitting him isn't a bad idea.

I would actually like to see Spaling and Yip replaced with Smith and Wilson.. Spaling isn't do much right now.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:53 AM
tserberis*

Trotz said about something he wants from Wilson to do more.

What that would be? Back check???

Old
03-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Wait... you get a pay check??!

It was good meeting Pattypred, Predsboro, predsfan98, and Adzy. I think I have met three of you before, but still good to see you all.
It was great meeting you also.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:55 AM
VFL615*

Game notes from the 73 inch in the man room.

1. The first goal was unacceptable. Josi made a rookie mistake maybe trying to be a little to aggressive and again no one covered the guy coming down right in front of the net. This happened a couple more times during the game and we are lucky we did not get burned.

2. The guys like Fisher and Legwand stepped in for the back of other players tonight it was good to see. I think this is a product of an ass chewing. I clap them for not letting teamates get pushed around.

3. Weber had a perfect example of how he should play every possession when they are figure skating around in are zone. He sent the guy flying head over skates from a simple push. He also put a hard heavy check onto the big rookie for the avs early in the game. Thats how i want to see him play.

4. When are we going to start capatilizing more on odd man rushes and breakaways!!! Trotz get your boys some practice please. If they could get better we could easily put up 3 or more goals a night alone on those chances.

5. Risky move to bench two of his best players Wilson and Smith. Halischuck has earned a spot IMO.

6. The bounces went are way tonight and we escaped with a win. Defense still needs some work and they have got to do something about breakaways and odd man rushes.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:16 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Game notes from the 73 inch in the man room.

1. The first goal was unacceptable. Josi made a rookie mistake maybe trying to be a little to aggressive and again no one covered the guy coming down right in front of the net. This happened a couple more times during the game and we are lucky we did not get burned.

2. The guys like Fisher and Legwand stepped in for the back of other players tonight it was good to see. I think this is a product of an ass chewing. I clap them for not letting teamates get pushed around.

3. Weber had a perfect example of how he should play every possession when they are figure skating around in are zone. He sent the guy flying head over skates from a simple push. He also put a hard heavy check onto the big rookie for the avs early in the game. Thats how i want to see him play.

4. When are we going to start capatilizing more on odd man rushes and breakaways!!! Trotz get your boys some practice please. If they could get better we could easily put up 3 or more goals a night alone on those chances.

5. Risky move to bench two of his best players Wilson and Smith. Halischuck has earned a spot IMO.

6. The bounces went are way tonight and we escaped with a win. Defense still needs some work and they have got to do something about breakaways and odd man rushes.
Smith best???
Am I missing something?