HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Colorado @ Nashville 7:00 - How about we try this time?

Old
03-09-2012, 09:22 AM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Smith best???
Am I missing something?
I did not say he was the BEST. I said Smith and Wilson are TWO OF HIS BEST PLAYERS.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 03-09-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Flaming
VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:27 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Smith best???
Am I missing something?
He was among the best in the first five weeks of the season when he scored seven goals. Since then, he's netted five. A lot of action, little in the form of results lately.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:34 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
He was among the best in the first five weeks of the season when he scored seven goals. Since then, he's netted five. A lot of action, little in the form of results lately.
A lot of hitting the post.lol

Old
03-09-2012, 09:39 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

There's been talk since December that Smith could use a game or more as a scratch. Wilson, well, hopefully he received whatever message Trotz was trying to send. Getting the win matters, not which individual pieces are used in that night's mosaic. The game in hand on the Wings is gone ... and the Preds won it. Our boys still control their destiny against Detroit.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:34 AM
token grinder

I can see this as lighting a fire under Wilson's ass. And I like it. All it takes, I hope is a game where Trotz reminds him about watching last years playoffs.

And the other side too, we have no idea if Wilson has a small something bothering him. A guy being scratched isn't the worst thing in the position we are in right now.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:38 AM
klt2001

Sorry but I like Wilson better than Smith. So I rather have Smith scratched. He hussles but hasn't been able to score on a consistent basis in a while. Wilson and Halischuk should be in games more. Both hussle and score (have higher scoring percentage) and seem to play smarter/better, especially on the defensive side. Both Wilson and Halischuk are in the + whereas Smith is -10 in the +/-.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/stats.htm

Last edited by klt2001: 03-09-2012 at 12:11 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:44 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I can see this as lighting a fire under Wilson's ass. And I like it. All it takes, I hope is a game where Trotz reminds him about watching last years playoffs.

And the other side too, we have no idea if Wilson has a small something bothering him. A guy being scratched isn't the worst thing in the position we are in right now.
this... a game on the bench shouldnt do anything but motivate Wilson... if he sulks, well, we are scrwed anyway because that would mean he didnt learn anything ast year... but if he decides he's gonna make damn sure Trotz never has a reason to bench him again, then it worked exacly as I am sure trotz planned....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:48 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
this... a game on the bench shouldnt do anything but motivate Wilson... if he sulks, well, we are scrwed anyway because that would mean he didnt learn anything ast year... but if he decides he's gonna make damn sure Trotz never has a reason to bench him again, then it worked exacly as I am sure trotz planned....
I would say the same for Smith. Bench him and maybe he will play better and score when put back in the lineup and also play better defensively. Of the three, I enjoy watching Colin Wilson and Halischuk more as they make some amazing plays.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-09-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old
03-09-2012, 10:59 AM
glenngineer

Trotz had the ability to sit Wilson because we were playing Colorado. Maybe he wants him focused for the Wings. Maybe he was a little dinged up. Who knows but if he's scratched Saturday as well it probably means he's a little dinged up or his attitude is an issue. My bet would be he's dinged up a little bit and since we're looking pretty good right now in the standings, Trotz has the ability to rotate players and keep them fresh which is something we haven't had the luxury of in years past.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:10 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Trotz had the ability to sit Wilson because we were playing Colorado. Maybe he wants him focused for the Wings. Maybe he was a little dinged up. Who knows but if he's scratched Saturday as well it probably means he's a little dinged up or his attitude is an issue. My bet would be he's dinged up a little bit and since we're looking pretty good right now in the standings, Trotz has the ability to rotate players and keep them fresh which is something we haven't had the luxury of in years past.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:12 AM
klt2001

I don't mind having Smith in especially when other players are banged up or need some rest just so long as the other players get their ice time too. I think Halischuk should get more ice time than he does and I like having Colin Wilson in the lineup.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-09-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old
03-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
So how does everyone feel about a first round series against the Red Wings? Looking increasingly likely. I welcome the opportunity to step up in a big way, but it's a tough situation as a first round exit this year is worse than most years in my opinion.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:40 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
So how does everyone feel about a first round series against the Red Wings? Looking increasingly likely. I welcome the opportunity to step up in a big way, but it's a tough situation as a first round exit this year is worse than most years in my opinion.
Redwings or St. Louis doesn't matter. I don't see whichever one we're not playing in the first round losing, so both will have to be faced.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:41 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
I want them in round 2 when the old age and getting beat up in round 1 shows. I do not want Dallas in the first round. We have had a lot of trouble with them.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:42 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Love the rivalry between them but I don't like our chances against the Red Wings. We have played them 4 times this year and have lost to them 3 times (and badly in a couple of them); only winning once against them. So not very confident the Preds would come out on top if they played them in the playoffs. I like our chances better against St. Louis who we have beaten 4 times this year; only losing to them once (the last game we played against them which was a low scoring and close game). Don't think any team will be an easy win though.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-09-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old
03-09-2012, 11:42 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Other than the potential of Phoenix/Vancouver 1st round, I don't see many easy matchups. SJ/STL has the potential to be brutal as does CHI/DAL and DET/NSH. Anyone looking for easy matchups needs to look east.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:45 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Other than the potential of Phoenix/Vancouver 1st round, I don't see many easy matchups. SJ/STL has the potential to be brutal as does CHI/DAL and DET/NSH. Anyone looking for easy matchups needs to look east.
We would sure have it made in that Southeastern division in the Eastern Conference.

Old
03-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Quote:
I concur with this. West is a nightmare for the teams playing but will be absolutely awesome to watch every series.

I'm not terrified of DET and I think a fair amount of Red Wings' fans would perhaps rather play another team besides the Preds, but DET is just a different team in the playoffs. We'll see what happens; don't want to get ahead of myself, but if we did drop DET in the first round, it would be a massive momentum boost going forward in the playoffs.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:53 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I was thinking a little Herb brooks-Jim Craig type mental game. Hope Wilson answers the call

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:47 PM
dubgeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I was thinking a little Herb brooks-Jim Craig type mental game. Hope Wilson answers the call
So he'll be scratched "AGAIN!"

It's odd to see this team with too many playable bodies.

dubgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:00 PM
predfan98

Nice to meet thirdmanin at the game. Thanks for coming up and saying hi to all of us!

Got to love a mod that thinks he's safe meeting all of us in person

I don't have a problem with trotz moving people around to keep people fresh and motivated. It's nice to have tht option this year.

Thought everyone picked up their game from tuesday. Love leggy, ak, and horny together.
Bourque was flying.

Still think tootoo is a little less focused on the details and a little too out of control.

I miss Klein. We need him healthy.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:35 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Nice to meet thirdmanin at the game. Thanks for coming up and saying hi to all of us!

Got to love a mod that thinks he's safe meeting all of us in person

I don't have a problem with trotz moving people around to keep people fresh and motivated. It's nice to have tht option this year.

Thought everyone picked up their game from tuesday. Love leggy, ak, and horny together.
Bourque was flying.

Still think tootoo is a little less focused on the details and a little too out of control.

No problem. The way I see it, if I can put a face to a screen name maybe people will be nicer to me

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
No problem. The way I see it, if I can put a face to a screen name maybe people will be nicer to me
You met Wendy and Patty at the same time?

Old
03-09-2012, 02:45 PM
dubgeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Love leggy, ak, and horny together.
Bourque was flying.

AK and Hornqvist seem to have made a very quick adjustment to each other. Hornsy had a pass lined up to AK in the 1st that was in the net but for an Avalanche stick that bounced it over AK's blade.

I don't want to think the worst about tootoo, but given the history and the evidence it's hard not to. I hope he's still working his issue and just experiencing some rough time on the ice.

The Klein haters sure have been quiet lately.

dubgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:48 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubgeek;45801161

[B
The Klein haters sure have been quiet lately.[/B]
Cause hes not playing

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote