HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers keep skating while lockout goes on

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2004, 06:57 AM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Flyers keep skating while lockout goes on

Philly Burbs

Kapanen doesn't sound too optimistic about the prospects for a season.

"I don't think too much has changed in the past couple months,'' he said. "I think everyone knows the deadline is going to be sometime in December and if nothing happens, the season is going to be cancelled.

Old
11-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
At least he isn't insulting our intelligence a la Bettman or Goodenow. We all realize the chance of having any semblence of a season this year is slim to nil, I'd actually appreciate it if someone in a position of authority had the grapefruits to say it.
Bettman's opinion right now might as well be, "If the players agree to non-guaranteed contracts and a ridiculously low salary cap, we could be playing games tomorrow..."
I hate that guy. :mad:

Old
11-10-2004, 12:20 PM
flyersrock1

The Great One said yesterday that it looked bleak and there was a very slim chance of a season.

Old
11-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersrock1
The Great One said yesterday that it looked bleak and there was a very slim chance of a season.
I was thinking more of someone in the Bettman/Goodenow/Daly/Saskin circle... Gretz saying that doesn't surprise me though. I say burn those 4 at the stake, piss out the ashes, string up Jagr from a lamp-post (just for kicks) and get the union and the owners negotiating by themselves with no egotistical middle-men clogging up the system with their inflated heads.

Old
11-10-2004, 11:00 PM
flyersrock1

Cool. This is what I think. NHL right now is toast. Neither side is going to give up ****. They both want to look like Bush. Solid ( but clueless, lost, in need of help from someone with a 1st grade education, you now someone with a clue) but hopeless.
If we have no NHL by Jan 1 there will be scabs next year with maybe 20 teams. It is make or brake time people.

Old
11-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140
love teh BUSH comparison! that exactly it! we might be IDIOTS but at least we stuck to our GUNS! so stupid :lol

Closed Thread