HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Upcoming LeBrun blog regarding the trade and Kings game style

Old
03-08-2012, 02:53 PM
no name

vCash: 500
Upcoming LeBrun blog regarding the trade and Kings game style

On a recent podcast Pierre LeBrun talked about an interview with Jack Johnson and expressed his thoughts on the Kings management. He said a blog is forthcoming regarding it.

He said Jack Johnson had nothing but nice things to say about the team and fans but he respectfully expressed concerns about players not being able to utilize their talents in todays game.

LeBrun's opinion was that the players have been stifled by a checklist on the ice. I assume this means they are focusing on aspects of the game that other teams do not, thus putting them a couple steps back. This is what the respectfully hinted at.

Another thing that was interesting was that he interviewed Kopitar about Carter and Kopitar said that he has not had any room through his career and that the addition of carter forces the opposition to think about other scoring threats. LeBrun said that Kopitar has been the only threat and that going into a game all the opposition had to do was stop Kopitar and now they have to focus on Richards and Carter.

I just thought those were interesting points and until the blog comes out I was oping we could discuss the outside and inside views of what us fans have been saying for years.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
On a recent podcast Pierre LeBrun talked about an interview with Jack Johnson and expressed his thoughts on the Kings management. He said a blog is forthcoming regarding it.

He said Jack Johnson had nothing but nice things to say about the team and fans but he respectfully expressed concerns about players not being able to utilize their talents in todays game.

LeBrun's opinion was that the players have been stifled by a checklist on the ice. I assume this means they are focusing on aspects of the game that other teams do not, thus putting them a couple steps back. This is what the respectfully hinted at.

Another thing that was interesting was that he interviewed Kopitar about Carter and Kopitar said that he has not had any room through his career and that the addition of carter forces the opposition to think about other scoring threats. LeBrun said that Kopitar has been the only threat and that going into a game all the opposition had to do was stop Kopitar and now they have to focus on Richards and Carter.

I just thought those were interesting points and until the blog comes out I was oping we could discuss the outside and inside views of what us fans have been saying for years.
Can you list the name of that podcast? tnx in advance.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Ollie Weeks

I love reading LeBrun, always enjoy reading his blurbs about us.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Perro

Looking forward to the read.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:28 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Substitute Nash for Kopitar and any CBJ fan will recognize that concept. I'm not suggesting that it won't work for the Kopitar/Carter pairing, only that we were very disappointed in how it played out in Columbus. Nash and Kopitar may well be very different and Carter may connect much better with the one than he did with the other. Good luck to the Kings, this trade may end up the rare "win-win" variety.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:31 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Substitute Nash for Kopitar and any CBJ fan will recognize that concept. I'm not suggesting that it won't work for the Kopitar/Carter pairing, only that we were very disappointed in how it played out in Columbus. Nash and Kopitar may well be very different and Carter may connect much better with the one than he did with the other. Good luck to the Kings, this trade may end up the rare "win-win" variety.
Pretty sure Kopitar meant having a legitimate 2nd Line backing up the first line, as opposed to better players on the 1st line (as I understand Nash and Carter were on the same line in CBJ)

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
The big difference is that Carter and Kopitar are on different lines. The Kings have Richards as their 1B center. I think Carter is better on the wing with his skill set and he doesn't have the same defensive responsibilty with Richards as his center, he can pressure up ice more and create turnovers and use his speed.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:56 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
A bit different scenario here.

Kopi+whomever
Richards+Carter

See what I did there?

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 04:08 PM
johnjm22

Sounds interesting, can't wait to read it.

Quote:
"They needed a lot of help scoring," Johnson told ESPN the Magazine. "I've never been a part of a team that just couldn't score. We knew changes were coming. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That's kind of where we were going."
http://espn.go.com/nhl/gameoftheweek...s-blue-jackets

Last edited by johnjm22: 03-08-2012 at 04:18 PM.
johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote