Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The future of Sweden

Old
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Nordic*

vCash: 500
The future of Sweden

We all know that our blue line will be ridiculous in 4-5 years, but how about the rest, and how about even further down the line when the likes of Backstrom, Eriksson, Sedins, Edler and Zetterberg are gone?

Olympics 2018.

Zibanejad-Jarnkrok-Landeskog

F.Forsberg-Johansson-Silfverberg

Rakell-Larsson-Hagelin

Paajarvi-Lander-Nyquist

OEL-Karlsson

Larsson-Hedman

Brodin-Klefbom

Markstrom
Lehner
Gustavsson

Am I missing someone younger than 22? Perhaps Krúger, but I don't think he'll ever be that good.

Centers are perhaps the most important part of a team, goalies excluded, and ours look pretty terrible. The rest actually looks decent, we'll have speed, vision and grit.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
joe89

Eriksson will be 32, Edler will be 31, Backstrom will be 30 in the 2018 Olympics.. Never say never that Sedins, Zetterberg and Kronwall, 37 will be there, either. An obvious youngster you forgot who I think will be good at the time is Berglund. Backstrom, Johansson, Berglund, Jarnkrok could be a very good punch down the middle to be honest.

2018 will be good, real good. Lots of options and potentials. Some guys will still be youngish but will have a prime aged defense. Offense is a little iffy to predict, so many 1st and 2nd rounders as of late with virtually the same upside. But we're not gonna bring that U25 team you posted, at least.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Eriksson will be 32, Edler will be 31, Backstrom will be 30 in the 2018 Olympics.. Never say never that Sedins, Zetterberg and Kronwall, 37 will be there, either. An obvious youngster you forgot who I think will be good at the time is Berglund. Backstrom, Johansson, Berglund, Jarnkrok could be a very good punch down the middle to be honest.

2018 will be good, real good. Lots of options and potentials. Some guys will still be youngish but will have a prime aged defense. Offense is a little iffy to predict, so many 1st and 2nd rounders as of late with virtually the same upside. But we're not gonna bring that U25 team you posted, at least.
I did have super high hopes for Berglund 2-3 years ago. I saw him as a future Sundin, capable of being at least a ppg player. Now it seems I was was off and that he's never going to reach that potential.

And Backstrom, given his concussion...who knows what'll happen there.

I agree about the oldtimers, but for the sake of the argument - let's say 2022 instead

Old
03-16-2012, 08:20 PM
don28

Possible dumb question from an American who follows Elitserien as much as one can through the Internet: Wouldn't Viktor Fasth be a candidate to become one of the National Team's goaltenders?

don28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:19 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

MPS!? He is like Harju.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:58 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by don28 View Post
Possible dumb question from an American who follows Elitserien as much as one can through the Internet: Wouldn't Viktor Fasth be a candidate to become one of the National Team's goaltenders?

He's almost 30 years old and hardly a tender for the distant future.

Old
03-18-2012, 05:55 AM
cheerupmurray

Forwards are hard to predict.

2018 is a long time away, maybe Elias Lindholm or William Nylander or someone had a major breaktrough? Why will Bäckström be gone in 6 years (unless the concussions ends his career ofc)?

One player I have a good feeling about is Jesper Fasth, he looks great for his age.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote