HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Dane Fox - Erie Otters, OHL (2012 undrafted, Vancouver)

Old
03-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Brock

vCash: 500
C Dane Fox - Erie Otters, OHL (2012 undrafted, Vancouver)

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/201...-dane-fox.html

I really feel like this guy is flying under the radar right now. Was solid at the Top Prospect's Game and has the potential to develop into a really solid third line center. He compares himself to David Bolland and I think that's a great comparison for him long term.

Old
03-08-2012, 08:11 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

I've been following Dane for years now considering he's from my neck of the woods. He's a player with all kinds of intangibles that will certainly be attractive to NHL teams. I know there are a few concerns with his past off-ice life but he's a very skilled player. He's a fun player to watch.

I am very interested to see how high he goes in the draft this year as he is a true wildcard

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:10 AM
bruinsfan46

Kid is kind of nuts off the ice from what I've heard and the Knights had many disciplinary problems with him. He can play though. If you can keep him under control then he can help you on the ice for sure.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
I think it's safe to say that Fox really turned his season around with the trade to Erie. That's what he's chalking it up to:

Quote:
“At first I was completely surprised when I was told I was traded, but I think it helped me in the long run,” Fox said. “London had a bunch of top line guys and I was the third line grinder, but down in Erie was on the first line and first power play unit.”
Quote:
“When I got to Erie, I wasn’t getting yelled at for making little mistakes and I was just going out and playing my game,” he said. “Coach (Robbie) Ftorek and (general manager) Sherry Bassin talked a lot with me and really helped my confidence throughout the year.”
http://futureconsiderations.ca/erie-...xs-draft-year/

Old
06-02-2012, 05:21 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
I've been following Dane for years now considering he's from my neck of the woods. He's a player with all kinds of intangibles that will certainly be attractive to NHL teams. I know there are a few concerns with his past off-ice life but he's a very skilled player. He's a fun player to watch.

I am very interested to see how high he goes in the draft this year as he is a true wildcard
He has terrible intangibles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Kid is kind of nuts off the ice from what I've heard and the Knights had many disciplinary problems with him. He can play though. If you can keep him under control then he can help you on the ice for sure.
Kind of nuts? Hes bat **** crazy. Almost played junior C hockey this year in Dresden because the knights didnt wanna deal with his **** all season.

Definitely a kid I would not want to see the wings draft, has locker room cancer written all over him

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Defensive Forward

His off ice issues are clearly a concern, but he can really play. I was very disappointed when we included him in the trade for Mckegg and I really feel like he could have helped the Knights win the Memorial Cup.

I didn't get to see him much with the Otters though.

According to nhl.com, he tested well on upper body strength at the combine too.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=9952

Defensive Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:05 PM
JL17

Well if he was a cancer or is a cancer in the room then why is he going to be the leader in Erie next year and maybe the year after???

From what I heard Dane straightened his act out last summer and was committed to be a hockey player and better person... from all accounts he has continued to do so.

I prefered him over McKegg this year and infact he probably would have had a great impact in these playoffs then McKegg did.

People make mistakes and we all know kids do... this kid corrected his errors and is on the right path.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
He has terrible intangibles

Kind of nuts? Hes bat **** crazy. Almost played junior C hockey this year in Dresden because the knights didnt wanna deal with his **** all season.

Definitely a kid I would not want to see the wings draft, has locker room cancer written all over him
can't say I can't see that in his face

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:00 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Well if he was a cancer or is a cancer in the room then why is he going to be the leader in Erie next year and maybe the year after???

From what I heard Dane straightened his act out last summer and was committed to be a hockey player and better person... from all accounts he has continued to do so.

I prefered him over McKegg this year and infact he probably would have had a great impact in these playoffs then McKegg did.

People make mistakes and we all know kids do... this kid corrected his errors and is on the right path.
He is going to be a leader in Erie because they are a terrible team, and hes not going to be anywhere near the knights room because the Hunters dont want him near that dressing room when they have something good going. A lot of guys preferred him over Mckegg, the Knights were a top team in the CHL yet they shipped out such a good, young prospect... it was all attitude.

I know the **** he did to get nearly kicked off of the knights and than traded in mid season (without a source I think I can get in trouble for saying it however) and I wouldnt want my team coming close to the kid.

Old
06-03-2012, 03:34 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
He is going to be a leader in Erie because they are a terrible team, and hes not going to be anywhere near the knights room because the Hunters dont want him near that dressing room when they have something good going. A lot of guys preferred him over Mckegg, the Knights were a top team in the CHL yet they shipped out such a good, young prospect... it was all attitude.

I know the **** he did to get nearly kicked off of the knights and than traded in mid season (without a source I think I can get in trouble for saying it however) and I wouldnt want my team coming close to the kid.
this is a good point to jump in and note the following. From the site rules:

Quote:
Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.
Libel can potentially open up the site to legal issues and nobody wants that.

So any discussion of this issue that isn't accompanied by a reputable media outlet linked to it is not permissible.

Thanks.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:05 PM
newfy

To add onto what I said earlier, if anyone is really interested feel free to PM me and I will discuss the issues there

Old
06-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Tigers1992

Bigger issue is the media blackout regarding the situation. Any mention of it and they could face serious issues.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 06-04-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: qdp
Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:52 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Went undrafted.

11-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!

vCash: 116
Any chance someone signs this kid he is tearing up the OHL.

What kind of player is he?

Are his past issues still a problem?

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
Any chance someone signs this kid he is tearing up the OHL.

What kind of player is he?

Are his past issues still a problem?
Well I've always been a fan of the kid (as evidenced by the fact that I started this thread with an interview I did with him).

I think an NHL team just has to give this guy a chance. He's had some issues in the past but I think he's matured as a player and as a person. If someone like Myles Bell can get a second chance, Fox deserves one too.

He's flat out dominating shifts at times this year. He might be playing with McDavid, but he's not feeding off him, he's creating chances for himself and for his linemates too. He's a solid two way player who works hard and is definitely a pest for the opposition. He has one of the best wrist shots in the OHL. Seen him score a couple of beauties this year. Definitely has a pro release and shot.

I think he's an NHL prospect and I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a shot.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Well I've always been a fan of the kid (as evidenced by the fact that I started this thread with an interview I did with him).

I think an NHL team just has to give this guy a chance. He's had some issues in the past but I think he's matured as a player and as a person. If someone like Myles Bell can get a second chance, Fox deserves one too.

He's flat out dominating shifts at times this year. He might be playing with McDavid, but he's not feeding off him, he's creating chances for himself and for his linemates too. He's a solid two way player who works hard and is definitely a pest for the opposition. He has one of the best wrist shots in the OHL. Seen him score a couple of beauties this year. Definitely has a pro release and shot.

I think he's an NHL prospect and I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a shot.
I hope the Oilers give him a chance.

I've only heard he's had "issues" in the past but I'm not to sure what they are/were, can you elaborate as to what said "issues" are.

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 12:56 PM
ChoseLa

He's good at killing penalties.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I could look this up, but... whose camp did he attend this year? How did he do there?

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 03:48 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I could look this up, but... whose camp did he attend this year? How did he do there?
At Louis at traverse city, didn't watch but I know he fought a couple times

sniper81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 06:47 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Sometimes people grow up. Here's hoping he has turned a corner and becomes a useful NHL player some day.

11-22-2013, 07:04 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I think it was the Rangers.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 04:38 PM
QC4TheWin

Dane Fox, Erie Otters

Dane Fox....is this guy realy good ?? anyone have seen him play this year ?

gp 28, G : 31 A : 23 pts : 54

He is 20, do you guys think he as a chance to sign a contract whit a NHL club ?

QC4TheWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 04:49 PM
dnicks17

It depends if teams are willing to overlook his rumored off-ice issues.

I think it's safe to assume that's why teams stayed away from him in the draft.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 07:18 PM
n00bxQb

He signed with the Canucks today. Any word on any recent off-ice issues or does he look to have improved in that regard?

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
He signed with the Canucks today. Any word on any recent off-ice issues or does he look to have improved in that regard?
supposedly he's past them, but obviously nobody has come out and asked him

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote