HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

any other ME3 junkies out here?

Old
03-08-2012, 10:26 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
any other ME3 junkies out here?

Yes, way off-topic, but anybody else just immersed in Mass Effect 3 like I am? It is like being totally in a cinematic experience! Waited a long time for this sequel and it lives up to the billing.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:36 PM
MrMariusz

ME 1&2 and DS 1&2 are some of the best games in the genre.
Looking forward to playing ME3.

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:00 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
Yes, way off-topic, but anybody else just immersed in Mass Effect 3 like I am? It is like being totally in a cinematic experience! Waited a long time for this sequel and it lives up to the billing.
Not only is it "cinematic," it's also "compelling" and "intuitive." GameSpot gave it a nine bajillion out of ten.

But yes, an excellent game. The first 45 minutes or so were pretty lacking, but once I got to the Citadel and started roaming around, things got much better. It's everything I had hoped it would be, and, hopefully, the series gets a fitting ending. I'm not quite there yet; I just got to Rannoch. I'm trying to savor the flavor since I might never play this series again.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Mara

As a huge fan of ME1 and a fan of ME2, I feel like with ME3 they've ***** the franchise. This is even worse than Dragon Age 2. When I finished DA2 I puked, when I finished ME3 stuff came out of both ends.

Never again Bioware, never again.

Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:40 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Nope. Still too busy with Skyrim.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:07 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
As a huge fan of ME1 and a fan of ME2, I feel like with ME3 they've ***** the franchise. This is even worse than Dragon Age 2. When I finished DA2 I puked, when I finished ME3 stuff came out of both ends.

Never again Bioware, never again.
I understand and agree with you about DA2. Other than improved graphics, it was a total flop IMHO and I did not like it nearly as much.

But I just cannot agree that ME3 is *****. I do miss the prospecting across the galaxy for resources (probably the ONLY idiot in the world that does). But I am loving it so far. The carryover of consequences for choices made in previous versions is really something.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:32 PM
predwings

Skyrim is way better but i do like the mass effect series

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Darth Predator

this is a rant I posted about this particular subject just the other day.

I haven't posted a good rant like this in a while as I try to keep as much negative energy away as possible but I am about to go on a tirade as I have been known to do when someone talks **** about Anakin or says kirk was a better captain then Picard. So you may just wanna skip over this post right now.

I just got off the phone with a good friend of mine, Josh Koziura. Unfortunately he confirmed my worst fears. I feel shame for him that he must suffer through what he suffered. So in saying that I will say the following...

**** YOU BIOWARE!! **** you for making the game to be built up only so you could **** all over it. You gathered the world to watch as you collectively pulled down your pants and released a maelstrom of **** and bile across your collective series that brought so much joy to so many. You first and most of all deserve the blame here as you sold your soul in the name of your craft and had the audacity to claim that everything was grand and sacrificed everything you claimed to want which was to make an outstanding game to end a series. For shame that you felt the need to lie to the people that made you.

**** YOU ELECTRONIC ARTS!! The fact that you even have the word art in your name is a ****ing travesty. You stand with the likes of the worst villains of all time. You are the Dr. Claw to our Inspector Gadget, the Gargomel to our Smurfs, the Megatron to our Optimus Prime. Your stench of hate and greed seep through the fabric of time to stain not only the here and now but the future to which no one knows. The great artist of the past roll over in the graves as your name is upon the lips of those who create this day. The artist of present look upon the mountain of hate, greed, scum and villainy that you wrought and know they will never have the chance to create and enlighten because you are an in-climbable mountain of anguish that represent all that is wrong with the world. May all the artist of the future never give up hope knowing that good always shines through even the darkest of clouds and that all empires fall. **** YOU EA, plain and simple **** YOU!!

**** YOU CASEY HUDSON!! You two tongued liar. The broker of greed, the angel of lies and deception you are. You had an opportunity to bring balance and piece to a world pleading for something to hand onto. You held the hand of our collective dangling from the ledge of greatness with the ability to pull us up, but you refused to reach out your other hand, instead letting us slip and fall backwards into an abyss of bewilderment and disillusionment. You are the Harbinger of greed and the herald of abomination.

Last and not not least a **** YOU TO ME!! For believing that someone was different. Someone could make a game that transcended all others and didn't fall pray to what most others before them fell too. In a world filled with hate and lies I allowed myself to grow accustom to characters and natures that seem to be for the greater good only to have the wool pulled over my eyes by the ones I trusted. The shame I feel for promoting such grotesqueness with the scarlet letter I carry always.

In the end, everything will turn out as it should. Bioware, EA, and Casey Hudson you will fall as all empires before you fell only this time....this time, the ones that built you, that made... you will be there to pick you up in your darkest hour and give you the chance you never gave us. Make no mistake, we are the makers of our dreams, our lives, not you and we will be there at the end as we were in the beginning, With hope and love in our eyes. only this time, it will be you that hangs on every word, every cut scene and every installment of our dreams and imagination.

Darth Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:04 AM
RaiderDoug

I loved the first ME, loved ME2, and am playing ME3 literally every free moment I've got.

I actually missed the Kings game Tuesday, because I couldn't turn the 360 off. I usually DVR my games for about 90 minutes, so I can skip the commercials/period breaks, but I ended up playing ME3 until about 1am, and then just said "screw it" and came here to check the score/game thread.

Honestly, I've been a video game junkie since my parents brought home Pong when I was 4. I don't think I've ever had a more enjoyable experience in video gaming than the ME series. The only things that might compare are the first few days I ever played Everquest, a serious addiction to Sid Meier's Civilization, and the first Modern Warfare multiplayer (before they all got stale).

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:32 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
I understand and agree with you about DA2. Other than improved graphics, it was a total flop IMHO and I did not like it nearly as much.

But I just cannot agree that ME3 is *****. I do miss the prospecting across the galaxy for resources (probably the ONLY idiot in the world that does). But I am loving it so far. The carryover of consequences for choices made in previous versions is really something.
You probably are. That was a real immersion-breaker for me, because I fought the temptation to stop and scan every planet and pick it clean of resources. I like the way they tweaked the system in ME3; they gave it

I think BioWare set out with two questions when they started this series:

1.) Can we make a story strong enough that people will not only play all three games, but genuinely care about the characters and the universe?

2.) Can we stretch the definition of what it means to be a role-playing game?

I think they were successful in both areas. This is the pinnacle of storytelling in gaming. All of these characters get collected and fleshed out remarkably well, and I think ME3 hits the sweet spot that BioWare was looking for. I really don't understand why people think BioWare pushing the boundaries of role-playing games and trying to make something different is somehow a bad thing.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
Nope. Still too busy with Skyrim.
This but I finished ME1 about 6months ago, still have ME2 sitting next to the XBOX that I haven't played yet so I'll play that before ME3 ..... so I have nothing really to add to this thread. sry.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:53 PM
zellthemedic

I played ME1 and ME2 on my desktop and got ME3 for my 360. I hate myself for that. Should've gotten the PC version...the choices the default Shepherd made in the past is stupid.

--spoilers--

****ING WHAT THE ****. Seriously?! Killing the council?! Killing the rachni queen?! KILLING WREX?! THE **** DEFAULT SHEP. THE ****.

I wish they released a tool that allowed you to edit the choices made so we don't have to go back and play every single damn ME over again just to get **** fixed...

Last edited by TMI: 03-11-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: offensive term used
zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Decent game (preferred 1 and 2 though), but the ending is... dumb.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:14 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
I played ME1 and ME2 on my desktop and got ME3 for my 360. I hate myself for that. Should've gotten the PC version...the choices the default Shepherd made in the past is stupid.

--spoilers--

****ING WHAT THE ****. Seriously?! Killing the council?! Killing the rachni queen?! KILLING WREX?! THE **** DEFAULT SHEP. THE ****.

I wish they released a tool that allowed you to edit the choices made so we don't have to go back and play every single damn ME over again just to get **** fixed...
I've never used it, since I play on xbox, but it sounds like you're looking for: http://masseffectsaves.com/

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:37 PM
TimDJ84*

It is not as great as 2....it is shorter and the side quests don't offer as much variety...still an awesome game..ugh I buy games and don't even play them lol think I have 75 for PS3 so far...I buy them on a rainy day and think oh I can bust through this, but then I never have time for multiplayer..only game I play regularly atm is NHL 12...but anyhow rant over Haha..yes ME3 great game

TimDJ84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:07 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Yeah... that ending is pretty much indefensible.

Spoil:
Don't get me wrong, I love the concept: it's very similar to the one in Deus Ex. However, in ME3, none of the endings give any closure, and all life should be extinguished anyway; when the relays are destroyed, it sends a massive shock wave through the system and destroys everything, as seen in Arrival, when Shepard takes out a relay and inadvertently destroys a Batarian colony. Ergo, any system with a relay in it (i.e. every system you explore in-game) should be destroyed because of the energy released from the relay. And even then, the very final scene with the old man and the child makes no sense, because even if life did survive the explosion of the relays, there would still be FTL travel, and there would likely be enough data on the mass relays to reconstruct them given time and resources. Even if you choose to destroy all synthetic life, the technology still exists.

There's also the matter of the crew. I built really strong relationships with my crew, watched them grow into who they were at the endgame, and then didn't get to see anything that happened to them afterward. Really? I mean, really? That REALLY irritated me. You have nothing left to set up, nothing left to gain from this series. It's over. Tell us what happens to our crew!

Basically, I just launched the galaxy into a relative dark age, destroyed its social, economic, and cultural center, and for my troubles, I got precisely nothing.

Other than that, I loved it, but the ending will leave a sour taste in my mouth when I see the name BioWare stamped on future products.

Old
03-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Teekko

loved all the mass effect games. I cant wait till the next trilogy!

Teekko is offline   Reply With Quote