HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks at Stars

Old
03-08-2012, 10:41 PM
DoubleMinor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Seriously. If you are convinced that the Sharks aren't going to make it, GTFO and join the Blues bandwagon.
i'm pretty sure they wont make it and i'm not jumping on any other wagon. its being realistic. he'll, i'd rather they didnt make it cuz we all know the outcome of that trip anyway. it is exceptionally obvious what this team has to offer and it's not enough for a deep playoff run. end it early, maybe learn something from a missed post season. maybe get the mental cobwebs out their foreheads.

DoubleMinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lazyking
Never Forget

Sharks just gotta turn the page and try to get the next one in PHX...

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Using rookies in the shoot out isn't that uncommon
Using offensively-inclined rookies with shootout experience at this level isn't that uncommon. You don't toss a rookie that had been injured in the same game in for his first shootout attempt at this level with the game and the playoffs hanging in the balance.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I have a feeling Galiardi was scratched because he's probably a little injured (gets rocked at least once a game), and Dallas is an extremely physical and goony team.
In a strange way... i'm actually hoping that's the case.

But Dallas is a division opponent, and the Sharks need those points more than any. So now would not be the time to shelter players.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clowe Me

Thornton deserved a star in this game more than Marleau.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Linkster
LTIR'ed off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
Also please break up Murray/Burns and Vlasic/Boyle.

Vlasic's offense is gone because Boyle is too selfish. Murray gets tons of looks but he doesn't have the legs or vision to move or pass the puck. Instead he takes a shot into the shins that only leads to a whistle or breakout.
Yep, this is serious. Maybe they're waiting for Murray to be 100% before giving him opposing teams' 1st line assignments?

And Vlasic's offense might just be an overall Sharks issue - no offense at all. I'd love to see if Demers could step up with Boyle, but that's probably a recipe for disaster in other pairs.

Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
freddypuck

play Demers with Burns...let Murry and White play together

freddypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WSS11

vCash: 772
Quote:
Watch the Benn goal again. The puck went cross-crease and suddenly ended back on Benn's stick. The 3rd goal was really just a bunch of traffic. You're just harping on Niemi for the sake of harping. The Mitchell goal on Lehtonen was pretty weak, as was Pavelski's goal, but I don't see you saying anything about them.
Pavelski's was weak, but Mitchells was actually pretty solid, he had Lethonen leaning the other way. My point is simple, how many games do we lose and say the other teams goalie stole the game for them? A lot...How many games has Niemi stolen for SJ? 0. Am i saying he is responsible for all the sharks woes? no..but i think he is one of the biggest problems. he just doesnt come up big in a game and the sharks need him to have a game like Lethonen did tonight. There is always at least that 1 weak goal a game he lets in...<i.e. the Buffalo 1-0 loss>

WSS11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chubbs
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
I see where your coming from here, and agree to a point, but TMac took a gamble. And the sharks don't seem able to score lately. If Wingles scores, we all would be saying what a wizard TMac is...
Coaches shouldn't be gambling like that at key points in a game. IMO, that just shows how unconfident he is. He has no grasp of what to do or who to trust, so he gambles on unknowns and hopes for the best. That doesn't cut it.

Also I mentioned this earlier, but not only was the shootout personnel bad, the order was a head-scratcher as well.

Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SharksAddict

Plenty of things to blame in this game before TMac.

Starting with blowing two leads in the 3rd period. The power play in the OT was awful although I would blame TMac for not putting Burns out there.

2nd Dallas goal was a joke, clear trip on Boyle that leads to goal. Plenty of other missed calls in the 3rd as well.

Never seen a team as snakebit as the Sharks not only this year, but historically. Can't buy a break.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:43 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctord View Post
How bout don't let White play and move Vandermeer to D?

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
just finished watching the game (DVR) ... well ...

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Move on to Phoenix.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
Plenty of things to blame in this game before TMac.

Starting with blowing two leads in the 3rd period. The power play in the OT was awful although I would blame TMac for not putting Burns out there.

2nd Dallas goal was a joke, clear trip on Boyle that leads to goal. Plenty of other missed calls in the 3rd as well.

Never seen a team as snakebit as the Sharks not only this year, but historically. Can't buy a break.
Garbutt got away with a clear trip there. Murray got picked in OT, which lead to a 1-1 for Eriksson with Niemi. Ref just shrugged it off.

I'm not saying refs are the reason SJ didn't get the 2nd point, but a lot of them need to do their job better.

Old
03-08-2012, 10:45 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Using offensively-inclined rookies with shootout experience at this level isn't that uncommon. You don't toss a rookie that had been injured in the same game in for his first shootout attempt at this level with the game and the playoffs hanging in the balance.
Ok so is Wingels a better or worse selection then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2E1cyTVBA

The shoot out is a crap shoot man

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clowe Me

White hasn't been bad lately. Boole and Murray on the other hand....

Old
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

The sharks' record in 1 goal games has to be nasty.

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
I'm not liking Murray this game either. There were so many times where Burns was wide open on the right but Murray would just shoot it straight into someone's shin pads.
Put him back with Boyle (who doesn't pass ever) and put Vlasic (who always passes) with Burns.
Deer god, please. The only explanation for keeping Boyle with Pickles is that maybe the coaching staff thinks he'll revert to pre-Vlasic form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleMinor View Post
i'm pretty sure they wont make it and i'm not jumping on any other wagon. its being realistic. he'll, i'd rather they didnt make it cuz we all know the outcome of that trip anyway. it is exceptionally obvious what this team has to offer and it's not enough for a deep playoff run. end it early, maybe learn something from a missed post season. maybe get the mental cobwebs out their foreheads.
We don't have a great chance to win, therefore we shouldn't even try. Great attitude there. And people like you complain that the Sharks have a bad attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkster View Post
Yep, this is serious. Maybe they're waiting for Murray to be 100% before giving him opposing teams' 1st line assignments?

And Vlasic's offense might just be an overall Sharks issue - no offense at all. I'd love to see if Demers could step up with Boyle, but that's probably a recipe for disaster in other pairs.
Well, at this point you hope that Burns and Vlasic would get top minutes. Vlasic's offense was good with Burns, and then vanished when he was paired with Boyle.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 1012
Sorry guys. Thought my coming back: the shrump would end.

I thought this was the second best game of the year for SJ. (1-0 win vs Flyers recently the best.)

Good game, nail-biting, exciting-edge-of-the-seat-Torrey-with-GOTY-3-ptJoe...etc...
With a lead with 3 minutes left, gotta win.
I'da put Patty in the SO, but you never know with the Rookie.
Oh well, SJ'll win the next 3; you heard it here 1st...

Dan

AstroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
do0glas

Niemi tried hard to steal this game...if that last goal gets swept out and inch sooner it's save of the season.

When a team dominates, takes the lead twice, but leaves with a loss i think there are other issues.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rickety Cricket

Quote:

Kind of a different circumstance. Wasn't that like the 10th round?

Rickety Cricket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
SharksAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Garbutt got away with a clear trip there. Murray got picked in OT, which lead to a 1-1 for Eriksson with Niemi. Ref just shrugged it off.

I'm not saying refs are the reason SJ didn't get the 2nd point, but a lot of them need to do their job better.
Missed boarding call on Wingels, missed interference call on Moore, I could go on and on but ultimately the blame lies on blowing 2 leads and not converting the PP in OT.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chubbs
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkster View Post

Murray is a black hole on offense. He adds nothing to the table offensively because his shot is too slow to get off his stick and he has no legs to move laterally. Teams can load up on Burns' side of the ice without any fear because they know Murray will just take a slow shot on net. I'm not trying to be down on Murray because he does add physicality and defense, but his game is incredibly one-sided and there's no denying that.

Adding Vlasic on the left will make the point way more dynamic. He may not be an offensive juggernaut, but he can move his feet or look for a pass, something that is out of Murray's skillset. Vlasic is a dead duck with Boyle as his partner, so you might as well put Murray there since he won't be contributing on the attack anyway.

Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctord View Post
But but but, that's two RD playing together and two LD playing together that never works....

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:

Dude! That was in the 15th round of the shootout. Give me a damn break.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote