HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Draft Entry Thread: Where the Points Don't Matter

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Trade up: 3rd overall FTW! 58 54.72%
Trade Down: Faksa and Wilson? Wut?? 6 5.66%
Stay: BPA AINEC 42 39.62%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2012, 11:13 PM
  #1
vezna*
Canada's Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,666
vCash: 500
2012 NHL Draft Entry Thread: Where the Points Don't Matter



actually points do matter, we just don't want them

Tank Notes,

League Standings:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...12012&type=LEA

Prospect Rankings:
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=58415
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...rospects_2012/
http://www.thescoutingreport.org/201...-rankings-130/

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm


OUR PICKS: http://www.prosportstransactions.com...MapleLeafs.htm
UPDATED DRAFT ORDER: http://www.prosportstransactions.com...Years/2012.htm


Last edited by MoreMogilny: 03-09-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Added sources
vezna* is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 11:30 PM
  #2
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,714
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Tank nation lives and dreams here

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 11:32 PM
  #3
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,777
vCash: 500
Stickied.

__________________
MoreMogilny is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 11:33 PM
  #4
Eb
TML
 
Eb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,345
vCash: 500
Alex Galchenyuk

Eb is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 11:35 PM
  #5
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 18,077
vCash: 50


Day dreaming about becoming a Leaf

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 11:56 PM
  #6
Griffski
Registered User
 
Griffski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post


Day dreaming about becoming a Leaf
I'm gonna say it.

Zach parise is nail yakupov lite.

Boom

Griffski is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 11:57 PM
  #7
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,166
vCash: 500
Kessel + Lupul + Schenn
for
Nash + 1st


Yakupov-Galchenyuk-Nash

swag

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 12:25 AM
  #8
Cappayne
Registered User
 
Cappayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,926
vCash: 500
Anyone know when updated rankings are released? The most recent one is almost a month old, and apparently a lot has changed since then.

Cappayne is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 12:28 AM
  #9
SeenSchenn2
Itchin' For Mitch
 
SeenSchenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,187
vCash: 500
Tank city *****, tank tank city

SeenSchenn2 is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 12:31 AM
  #10
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappayne View Post
Anyone know when updated rankings are released? The most recent one is almost a month old, and apparently a lot has changed since then.
May?

I'm not sure.

MoreMogilny is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 12:47 AM
  #11
vezna*
Canada's Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,666
vCash: 500
button will update it next week. but tbh i don't like his rankings. mackenzie's is more accurate

vezna* is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 01:08 AM
  #12
Cappayne
Registered User
 
Cappayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
button will update it next week. but tbh i don't like his rankings. mackenzie's is more accurate
I agree, but even if his order is wrong, he will post the latest on each player. He can't "guess" facts.

Cappayne is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 06:18 AM
  #13
King William
GREATEST LEAF EVER
 
King William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,377
vCash: 500
Please add to OP...

OUR PICKS: http://www.prosportstransactions.com...MapleLeafs.htm
UPDATED DRAFT ORDER: http://www.prosportstransactions.com...Years/2012.htm


King William is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 06:21 AM
  #14
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
Added them to the OP.

Getting more and more excited for the draft.

That is until the last game of the season when Boyd Devereaux somehow joins the team and ruins it all.

MoreMogilny is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 06:24 AM
  #15
King William
GREATEST LEAF EVER
 
King William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
Added them to the OP.

Getting more and more excited for the draft.

That is until the last game of the season when Boyd Devereaux somehow joins the team and ruins it all.
Last I heard, he's producing a documentary on Mats.

Let's keep it that way.

I'm getting pumped too.

King William is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 06:43 AM
  #16
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500

legendinblue is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 07:35 AM
  #17
Tonka
9.5%?
 
Tonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,432
vCash: 500
So right now we are in the YGGF territory.

Come on MTL, CAR, NYI! TURN IT UP! Playoff time budddddddies, you can still make it!

Tonka is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 07:41 AM
  #18
Tonka
9.5%?
 
Tonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,432
vCash: 500
Kadri and Grigorenko as top two centers.
Kessel and Lupul as top two right wingers (I guess Lupes will have to adjust)
Nash and Kulemin as top two left wingers.
I am fine with all that.

Grabovski and Connolly as bottom 2 centers equating to 9.5 million 3rd and 4th line.

Tonka is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:00 AM
  #19
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
Kadri and Grigorenko as top two centers.
Kessel and Lupul as top two right wingers (I guess Lupes will have to adjust)
Nash and Kulemin as top two left wingers.
I am fine with all that.

Grabovski and Connolly as bottom 2 centers equating to 9.5 million 3rd and 4th line.
Grabo ours #two centre. Kadri wont ever play full time C in the NHL again.

Quite frankly if Kadri maxed out at Grabo I'd be happy at this point.

Anywho, some key tank matchups coming up with teams around us that play each other. Cant complain about that.

NYI have a horrific schedule though. Its forseeable they lose 5-6 straight

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:45 AM
  #20
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
Brendan Gaunce is the first guy on most lists to be born even close to the GTA. So we can stop losing games or trade down to get him at the draft. As we all know, you cannot have success with any player unless they were born an hour from Toronto. Even if Yakupov and Grigorenko are in our sights, if they become 100PT players it doesn't mean nearly as much as a Toronto-born kid putting up 45PTS and play sound defensive hockey.

Andrew Mack is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:51 AM
  #21
dougieg93
flip for filip
 
dougieg93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,095
vCash: 500
I used to be pretty high on Guance, but we should definitely draft Faksa ahead of him.

dougieg93 is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:55 AM
  #22
Dark Knight
Lawson Crouse
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,373
vCash: 500
Jarmo Kekelainen, one of the best amateur scouting directors in recent memory, said Teuvo Teravainen may be a top 10 pick this year. If he says so, I'm sold.

Dark Knight is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:58 AM
  #23
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mack View Post
Brendan Gaunce is the first guy on most lists to be born even close to the GTA. So we can stop losing games or trade down to get him at the draft. As we all know, you cannot have success with any player unless they were born an hour from Toronto. Even if Yakupov and Grigorenko are in our sights, if they become 100PT players it doesn't mean nearly as much as a Toronto-born kid putting up 45PTS and play sound defensive hockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougieg93 View Post
I used to be pretty high on Guance, but we should definitely draft Faksa ahead of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Jarmo Kekelainen, one of the best amateur scouting directors in recent memory, said Teuvo Teravainen may be a top 10 pick this year. If he says so, I'm sold.
I think if the choice is between Gaunce, Faksa, or Teravainen, Burke takes Gaunce.

Heres to hoping Gally falls to us though.

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 09:03 AM
  #24
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougieg93 View Post
I used to be pretty high on Guance, but we should definitely draft Faksa ahead of him.
Why? Because he has higher upside? Do you really want to waste time on Euros, Americans, and Western Canadians still? Draft a role-player from Toronto who plays with heart and blocks shots. High-end skill is meaningless if it isn't from Ontario.

Andrew Mack is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 09:04 AM
  #25
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mack View Post
Why? Because he has higher upside? Do you really want to waste time on Euros, Americans, and Western Canadians still? Draft a role-player from Toronto who plays with heart and blocks shots. High-end skill is meaningless if it isn't from Ontario.
Might want to change your avatar to Kadri


blasted_Sabre is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.