HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Is Halak a product of his team?

View Poll Results: ???
He is a product of his team. 23 13.53%
He is able to carry a team and he is doing it with Blues to some extent. 27 15.88%
He is a good goalie on a good team. 120 70.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

vCash: 500
Good goalie(not great) on a team that plays suffocating defensive hockey.

If you don't think it has anything to do with the system, check out his stats before
Hitchcock took over. East coast hockey league caliber numbers.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:24 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Good goalie but the system does inflate his stats to an extent.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post

If you don't think it has anything to do with the system, check out his stats before
Always funny seeing a fellow Habs fan go on about Halak's first 7 games of the season, seeing as how Carey Price's SV% over his first 7 games this season was an incredible 0.878. Also ECHL numbers?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Red08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post

IMO, Halak had respectable numbers last year on a team that was decimated by injuries and finished 20th in the league. In addition, he was battling an injury last year that (if you watched the Blues) you could tell was lingering and affecting his play. Halak's first 6 games this season was a bad stretch, but it was one of the few bad stretches he's had in his career. I don't agree with you discrediting what Halak has done in his career because of Hitchcock and 6 bad games. Any Blues fan will tell you that Halak has bailed them out of several games this year (Ex: last night).

Red08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:12 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
This thread is not about Halak and Price. It's just about if Halak is a good goalie and anyone that says other is just delusional. I don't think anyone thinks Halak is the top goalie in the league. But he is a good NHL starting goalie that can steal a team games at times.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Radolanko

halak

Halak is good goalie but not the best but he can be the best

Radolanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:27 AM
MM425

Halak's stats the last 3 years as of today:

142 GP

77-44-17

2.24 GAA

.921 Save%

18 Shutouts (That's 1 SO for every 7 games roughly)

Anyone who doesn't think Halak is an elite netminder in this league is a damn fool.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:42 AM
MM425

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Halak > Price sorry Habs fans but it's true. You don't trade guys who throw your team on their back through 3 playoff rounds. I thought it a mistake then and still do today.
Price has literally carried the Habs on his back since Jaro left. Without him we would have been basement dwellers last year, and we would be right there with Columbus for dead last this year.

I think they are equals, personally. Can't we just agree both are top teir NHL netminders and leave it at that?

The trade worked out well for both teams... Eller is still on track to be a very soild center in this league.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:46 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
Price has literally carried the Habs on his back since Jaro left. Without him we would have been basement dwellers last year, and we would be right there with Columbus for dead last this year.

I think they are equals, personally. Can't we just agree both are top teir NHL netminders and leave it at that?

The trade worked out well for both teams... Eller is still on track to be a very soild center in this league.
Completely agree. The trade has worked out great for both sides. I really do love that Hab fans still love Halak, the standing ovation he got in his return to Montreal was one of the coolest things that I have seen.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:23 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post

LOL Montreal is in 28th...

Meanwhile Halak is helping the Blues to first in the league.

Although yes, I agree both are top tier NHL goalies.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Dr Quincy

Every goalie benefits or is hurt by his team. At the end of the day though, the guy is a very good goalie.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
begbeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
LOL Montreal is in 28th...

Meanwhile Halak is helping the Blues to first in the league.

Although yes, I agree both are top tier NHL goalies.
That is wrong conclusion. Both can be top tier goalies but conclusion from your post is this:
Trade doesn't work out for both teams. Habs went from SC SF to bottom 3 team, while Blues went from team with outside shot for playoffs to president trophy contenders.

Dont get me wrong, it's not only because Halak/Price, but no-one can't deny they are parts of the puzzle and in the end there is a picture of winning goalie and losing goalie.

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
MM425

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
That is wrong conclusion. Both can be top tier goalies but conclusion from your post is this:
Trade doesn't work out for both teams. Habs went from SC SF to bottom 3 team, while Blues went from team with outside shot for playoffs to president trophy contenders.

Dont get me wrong, it's not only because Halak/Price, but no-one can't deny they are parts of the puzzle and in the end there is a picture of winning goalie and losing goalie.
Last year Price got the Habs into the playoffs and within 1 goal of knocking off the eventual cup champions. Same year Halak failed to get the Blues into the playoffs.

This year, different story obviously but I don't get you judging where each team is in the standings right now as a way of somehow comparing the two.

AND like I said before it's not like we got nothing for Jaro. Eller has made great strides in his game this year... looks like he's going to be a solid center in this league which these days seems even HARDER to come by than a quality netminder.

Old
03-13-2012, 03:50 PM
iamerror

Hes good. Good god though the blues games are so boring to watch....

iamerror is offline   Reply With Quote