HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Green suspended 3 games

Old
03-09-2012, 06:27 PM
johnnyk08

vCash: 500
Green suspended 3 games

I believe this is quite harsh for a first time offender on a non call hit.......

johnnyk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:31 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Surprise, surprise. No consistency.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Foy

hit Mike Green in the head? Good sound strategy. Mike Green hits someone in the head? Dirty! Suspend them!

Shanny is far worse than Campbell was.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:39 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:43 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

That makes, what, 4 of the last 5 Caps' suspensions coming directly before games involving Gregory Campbell? Who's really pulling the strings here, eh?

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:02 PM
tycoonheart

Such bullcrap man.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Foy

so when the heck was Mike Green fined previously? I know of the non-elbow suspension, but when was he fined?

Old
03-09-2012, 07:19 PM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Conspiracy!!!

It was a dirty hit. He deserves punishment even if the ref missed the call. Get over it.

XDC-RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:21 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Ovechkin suspended for hit against Penguin = Lemieux factor in play

Green suspended for hit against Lightning = Yzerman factor in play

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:32 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDC-RES View Post
Conspiracy!!!

It was a dirty hit. He deserves punishment even if the ref missed the call. Get over it.
The gripe that most on here have about the punsihment is not that it occurred, but rather both Ovechkin and Green each got suspensions just two games less than Bourque. Yes both Green and Ovechkin had prior suspensions but there's been some time (seasons) between those suspensions. Whereas Bourque had just been back a few games from a suspension when he elbowed Backstrom. Furthermore, both Green and Ovechkin's hits were during the flow of play. Bourque on the other hand was skating off the ice for a shift change. The severity of the hits and subsequent injuries/results from the Green and Ovechkin hits in no way can be compared to Bourque's cheap/dirty hit and the impact that has had on not just a critical player for the Caps but the team's season. This is why many of us will not get over it.

Old
03-09-2012, 07:36 PM
CapsCast

Shanahan got it right, for once. 3 games is fair for that hit.

CapsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:36 PM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
The gripe that most on here have about the punsihment is not that it occurred, but rather both Ovechkin and Green each got suspensions just two games less than Bourque. Yes both Green and Ovechkin had prior suspensions but there's been some time (seasons) between those suspensions. Whereas Bourque had just been back a few games from a suspension when he elbowed Backstrom. Furthermore, both Green and Ovechkin's hits were during the flow of play. Bourque on the other hand was skating off the ice for a shift change. The severity of the hits and subsequent injuries/results from the Green and Ovechkin hits in no way can be compared to Bourque's cheap/dirty hit and the impact that has had on not just a critical player for the Caps but the team's season. This is why many of us will not get over it.
I get it. I agree.

Argue how Bourque deserved more and I'm with you. But Green deserved what he got. Plain and simple.

Saying that the league should go easy on Green because they got the Bourque one wrong makes no sense. Sorry.

XDC-RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Fair? He should of got time served, Frolik ****ing said outright, that Green didn't elbow him, Campbell didn't care and suspended him anyways. The 3 games for that elbow was ****ing stiff when people were getting less when the person had a concussion.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:46 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDC-RES View Post
I get it. I agree.

Argue how Bourque deserved more and I'm with you. But Green deserved what he got. Plain and simple.

Saying that the league should go easy on Green because they got the Bourque one wrong makes no sense. Sorry.
Yeah, I'm not defending Green. I just think that the suspension would be more palatable to Caps fans had Bourque at a minimum received a double digit game suspension.

Last edited by BiPolar Caps: 03-09-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old
03-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Foy

my problem is that when Green gets hit in the head, which has happened time and time again, there is nothing. When Semin gets run by a leaping charge by Claude Girioux, it winds up on the NHL's highlight packages, and there is no hearing. But when a Cap player does this, it's a suspension, and a violation of the CBA to boot.

I have no problem with the Green suspension. My problem is Shanny referring to him as a repeat offender, which he is not, and the league's complete inaction on previous plays that resulted in Green's concussion history.

Last edited by Foy: 03-09-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old
03-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Millhaus

My beef is that you can line up a bunch of hits that got nothing against others that drew suspensions and find little or no difference.

Michalek can blatantly elbow Hendricks in the head, targeting the head, principle point of contact the head, elbow raised to deliver the blow, the whole shebang and nothing, not even a fine. Green does something similar and 3 games.

I am ok with Green getting 3 games. I am not ok with Michalek getting nothing.

So fine continue to make your videos showing why someone got suspended but videos showing why someone else was not suspended would go a long way towards legitimizing this 'process.'

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Atlas

Today's NHL is a different game from 20-30 yrs ago. I don't like to see guys get hurt but that's just Green trying to bodycheck a guy hard. It's hockey and they are wearing pads.

Green couldn't read the play fast enough to say, "Oh, he's in a defenseless position. I will not cream him illegally."

The culture has gone through the looking glass.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president

vCash: 50
But this hit is legal? What the **** NHL.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Foy

The Staal hit was worse. Staal came way out of position to hit Green in the back of the heat with an elbow when the puck was not there.

Old
03-09-2012, 08:13 PM
GrumpyJ
My name is Justin

Oh, of course.

The usual "I didn't agree with that other ruling/suspension, so even if this one is right, it can't actually be right" argument...

Green deserved a suspension for this, period. He hit a guy who was in a vulnerable position with his elbow. He had plenty of opportunity to make the right decision and not hit the guy...it was an extremely dangerous play. What does the fact that it was a "non-call" have to do with anything?

I just can't stand the fans complaining about consistency, yet they have none themselves, especially when it comes to their own players...it was a bad hit...move on. I don't see why the pill is that hard to swallow.

The way people argue about these suspensions, the league can never actually get anything right, because they got other things wrong in the past (opinion), so getting things right now only makes them inconsistent. The fact that some people can't see the idiocy and hypocrisy of their own "logic" is mind-blowing.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:13 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Forgot about the Staal hit...

Old
03-09-2012, 08:14 PM
CapsCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Oh, of course.

The usual "I didn't agree with that other ruling/suspension, so even if this one is right, it can't actually be right" argument...

Green deserved a suspension for this, period. He hit a guy who was in a vulnerable position with his elbow. He had plenty of opportunity to make the right decision and not hit the guy...it was an extremely dangerous play. What does the fact that it was a "non-call" have to do with anything?

I just can't stand the fans complaining about consistency, yet they have none themselves, especially when it comes to their own players...it was a bad hit...move on. I don't see why the pill is that hard to swallow.

The way people argue about these suspensions, the league can never actually get anything right, because they got other things wrong in the past (opinion), so getting things right now only makes them inconsistent. The fact that some people can't see the idiocy and hypocrisy of their own "logic" is mind-blowing.
Totally agree, well said

CapsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:15 PM
GrumpyJ
My name is Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
But this hit is legal? What the **** NHL.

he was fined...

Yes, Green got a suspension...but, you don't even know the basic facts...

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:16 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Personally couldn't care less. This season is a Final Destination movie. Whatever is supposed to happen will.

03-09-2012, 08:18 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Oh, of course.

Oh of course, the guy who's the fan of a team who's player got nothing for ruining an elite goalie is fine with the consistency of the NHL.