Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just another road loss: Jets lose 5-3

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Hank Chinaski

vCash: 50
Pretty hard to win when you're chasing the game from the get-go. I was glad to see some push back from the Jets, and thought they did an okay job in the intensity and physicality department. Unfortunately, much like in the Canucks game, the attention to detail was sorely lacking. Things like clogging passing lanes, trapping through the NZ, maintaining good gap control, those were all inconsistently implemented. It was an exciting pond hockey style of game, but a team like the Jets is more often than not going to come out on the wrong end of those games.

Kane-Burmistrov-Wellwood has really been lacking as a consistent presence on this road trip. Oh sure, they do some good things, but it's being offset by negative plays. Kane has been getting pucks on the net and throwing some solid hits, but this lone wolf act really needs to go. He has the speed and strength to take pucks low and allow his linemates to get into position, but too often he's playing out of control and trying to beat everyone 1 v 1. Wellwood has looked indecisive with his puck distribution. Burmistrov is finally starting to get the north-south aspect of the game, but he's really not getting to the high percentage areas consistently.

Ladd-Little-Wheeler played another solid game at both ends of the ice, hats off to them. Some mental errors, but they're battling real hard.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:59 PM
JETSyyc

vCash: 500
how was the crowds? did you hear the go jets go chant loud and clear? from the dome i thought it was damn well out there overpowering the flames fans for sure! we got love for the jets no matter what right guys! yup!!!!! go jets go! woo

Old
03-10-2012, 12:04 AM
tbcwpg

I think Ladd-Little-Wheeler played pretty well but Wheeler obviously carries the line. I do take points off of Ladd's performance for his usual penalty in the offensive zone during the third period. Stupid penalty to take.

Old
03-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Lux Aurumque*

How on earth did we manage to lose to two horrible Alberta teams?

Gotta stop losing these games to bad teams...

Old
03-10-2012, 12:12 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post

One of those teams has more points than the Jets.

Old
03-10-2012, 12:15 AM
iruvthejetsinedm

Next season, we'd better not lose to the Oil at Rexall.... D:

Old
03-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Jet
More Finnz pls

Come back home from an event and started watching the game. Thank god it was PVR'ed cause I was PISSED when they got down 3-0

Critical game and only half the team shows up. Wheeler has turned the corner. This guy is possessed. I will be very surprised if he isn`t a >ppg player next year. That makes me very happy.

I don't have a good feeling about us making the playoffs now. I think we needed at least 2 points out of these 2 games.

By the time we play again we could be in a big hole. We have to hope for a couple of teams to collapse.

03-10-2012, 12:21 AM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post

Old habits die hard.

Get your act together Jets I want to see you in the playoffs.

Old
03-10-2012, 12:43 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Pretty hard to win when you're chasing the game from the get-go. I was glad to see some push back from the Jets, and thought they did an okay job in the intensity and physicality department. Unfortunately, much like in the Canucks game, the attention to detail was sorely lacking. Things like clogging passing lanes, trapping through the NZ, maintaining good gap control, those were all inconsistently implemented. It was an exciting pond hockey style of game, but a team like the Jets is more often than not going to come out on the wrong end of those games.

Kane-Burmistrov-Wellwood has really been lacking as a consistent presence on this road trip. Oh sure, they do some good things, but it's being offset by negative plays. Kane has been getting pucks on the net and throwing some solid hits, but this lone wolf act really needs to go. He has the speed and strength to take pucks low and allow his linemates to get into position, but too often he's playing out of control and trying to beat everyone 1 v 1. Wellwood has looked indecisive with his puck distribution. Burmistrov is finally starting to get the north-south aspect of the game, but he's really not getting to the high percentage areas consistently.

Ladd-Little-Wheeler played another solid game at both ends of the ice, hats off to them. Some mental errors, but they're battling real hard.
Agree with pretty much everything, just don't get Kane shooting from just over the blue line when his line-mates are behind him. Last night in Vancouver was a perfect example, he had 9 shots with maybe only 2 that had any chance of going in, his line-mates as usual nowhere in sight yet, so chances of anyone poking in a rebound were slim and none. He really needs to be playing with a speedy big centre with Burmi on the other wing.

Can't say I have been impressed with Burmi for a long time now, he is playing like a rookie aside from his solid defensive play. He has all the tools but seems a long way from figuring it out. He should spend the summer watching video of Datsyuks games in the last 10 years in the time he isn't working out to gain the 10-15 lbs. of muscle he needs to be effective in the NHL.

Antro has looked brutally slow as of late and sloppy with the puck, since the Christmas break the game is just too fast for him, really don't know why they don't park him in front of the opposing goalie on the PP where he could be effective. Not a guy I would want back next season.

The Jets really are lacking some bigger forwards with NHL speed something that is top priority in the off season.

Aside from little Timmy this year, the organization has not had a forward from their AHL team make the jump to the NHL in awhile nor do they have anyone who could be called up and contribute like other teams in the league seem to have something that really has to be addressed.

Last edited by sipowicz: 03-10-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old
03-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

Ladd's crosscheck in the 3rd in the o-zone....brutal. Absolutely brutal. Not 'C' like. Just sayin'. Supported the guy all year, but that kind of stuff has happened far many times this year. Senseless penalty in the offensive zone late in the 3rd. FFS. FML, and all that stuff.

Old
03-10-2012, 01:10 AM
IMckay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Ladd's crosscheck in the 3rd in the o-zone....brutal. Absolutely brutal. Not 'C' like. Just sayin'. Supported the guy all year, but that kind of stuff has happened far many times this year. Senseless penalty in the offensive zone late in the 3rd. FFS. FML, and all that stuff.
100% Agree. Halfway through the 3rd period, in a game where your team is down and absolutely NEEDS two points. You simply cannot take that penalty.

I've voiced my opinion of being slightly disappointed with him at times this year. Only because he hasn't been engaged as I know he can be. Then I thought he had a really solid 10-15 games during our home stand. I really hope today was just an off game for him, but I've seen that out of him a few times in the last 3 games. Ugh :/

Old
03-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
I always said we should have traded Hainsey and re-signed Oduya.

Now I look like a genius
Nicely done! I lol'd

Old
03-10-2012, 01:17 AM
sipowicz
The Original

I'm starting to wonder about Ladd's smarts, thought he played really well for awhile now but then resorts to the brain-cramp-stupid-offensive-zone dumb penalties again.

Cormier has been pretty hot in St. Johns as of late and warrants another look in the NHL, the guy can't be any worse than Mittens or Fehr or even Little Timmy or slo-mo Antro, at least Cormier brings it every night, Antro hasn't put out an honest effort since back in November.

Last edited by sipowicz: 03-10-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old
03-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

The thing is, I like Ladd. He gets in that dirty space in front of the net to make traffic and deflect goals in. He's our best in that regard. He's got good character too...I've only heard good things about him regarding his contributions to the community and charities, coming here on his own dime to scout things and encourage his teammates in the move, etc.

But captain material? I dunno. I always figure Captains are the guys who rally their teams to win when they're behind. Maybe not by potting the goals, but by playing fierce and aggressive, but disciplined and smart.

Something Beyak said today struck me. 'An angry Blake Wheeler' made things happen and scored a goal. It seems more often than not an 'Angry Andrew Ladd' takes a bad penalty instead of making a positive impact.

I like Ladd but he's not leading the team right now. At least I can't see it. I don't know what's going on in the locker room and behind the scenes. Wheeler is this team right now...if he had the 'C' on him instead of Ladd, I would not complain.

Old
03-10-2012, 01:36 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Good point Wings, Ladd truly is one of the few willing to sacrifice in front of the net, I think Wheeler has shown to now be our best forward by a long shot but saddling him with the C maybe would be too much for him, Little on the other hand is more disciplined than Ladd and might in hindsight have been a better choice.

Last edited by sipowicz: 03-10-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old
03-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Wpgpage

Lack of depth once again exploited hard to win when you only have 10 effective forwards and 3 of them are on the 4th line. The PK is brutal without Bogo. I know a lot of people are mad about this one but really if a loss in game 69 to a non conference team is the end of the season then I don't think there was a lot of substance to the play off hopes in the first place.

Old
03-10-2012, 03:57 AM
MadMen88

Look. If you ask me, I think Boston will beat the Caps tomorrow, and they play Sunday too against the Leafs...Florida will likely beat Carolina....sooo here's to cheering hard for Boston, Toronto and Carolina this weekend...geez...that was a devestating L.

Old
03-10-2012, 06:28 AM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

vCash: 375
Pretty poor game
They need to fix the road problems if they want to make the playoffs

This game was almost unwatchable

Old
03-10-2012, 06:34 AM
SensibleGuy

really discouraging loss. I think its time for the media to lay off the "what about that crowd at MTS center" stuff. I've heard enough about how great it is there and I think its doing a big mind-**** on the players. Now they are convinced they can't play anywhere else...

Wheeler's a monster. Kane is frustrating to watch - tremendous potential but he needs to learn a few new moves and start thinking about making plays instead of taking shots.

I think for my own well-being I'm gonna assume the play-offs are a thing of the past for this year and just enjoy the remaining games and look forward to next season.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

last night my disappointment level was at a 8 out of 10................

this morning it's around a 3 out of 10

sure the road to the playoffs just got harder, but it's not like anyone is running away with the 8th spot

Old
03-10-2012, 08:06 AM
tntkid

Not sure why the Jets don't play with the same passion on the road that they play with at the MTS centre.
They have had great fan support on the road within Canada & still don't put in a consistent effort for 60 minutes.

They pretty much lost this game in the first 10 minutes & hung Pavelec out to dry.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:39 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 851
Not a good road trip to say the least. Time to regroup, lick our wounds and pull off 3 clean wins at home. And then find a way to be better on the road. We should have Bogo back next game which will be a big help. We are still in the hunt and the next few weeks should be exciting.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:26 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
4-9-1 vs Canadian team ....ouch

Old
03-10-2012, 10:43 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

You take it....no ....you take it.......no I insist YOU take it!!

I agree with most of the sentiment on the board.....to me Wheeler is the only guy who seems to have a swagger and Play to win on the road the rest of the team seems to be tentative and play not to lose. Obviously it is a head scratcher because in every other way this franchise has stepped forward but a team that is older by a year has regressed on the road from what Atlanta was able to accomplish last year. I think on balance the coach's have been very good this year but they are accountable for this and it is a big blemish.

It's not over yet but we just made the hill allot steeper

Old
03-10-2012, 10:50 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSyyc View Post
how was the crowds? did you hear the go jets go chant loud and clear? from the dome i thought it was damn well out there overpowering the flames fans for sure! we got love for the jets no matter what right guys! yup!!!!! go jets go! woo
That crowd was awesome last night......very loud and proud Jets contingent in the house.....I am disappointed the boys have been letting down these crowds on the road more often than not

Was it a fun night or depressing? Any grief from the Calgary fans or was it civil?

Closed Thread