HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/10/12 - 7:00PM EDT - Carolina VS Tampa Bay

Old
03-10-2012, 08:29 PM
ryansjake
FOREVER MALONE!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts265 View Post
I knew it.
Chad Larose, how many career goals does he have against us??

ryansjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Canes 4 Bolts 2
Canes goals will stem from Clark coughing up pucks while Brewer impersonates a "Aviso: Piso Mojado" pylon.

Hedman will look as timid as pre-pre-concussion and also blindly throw up pucks up the boards to waiting Carolina D.
Damn psychics...

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gn2007

Yep pretty much done now...god dammit this was a must win game

gn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Empty net , oh well that was a good game anyway .

That was fun to see you again guys , i had a good time

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:30 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

There was no effort or push in the last 2 minutes...they look disinterested or just plain tired. Ugh, hate these games.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:30 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

ugh.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:32 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Any word on when Lecav is back?

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
There was no effort or push in the last 2 minutes...they look disinterested or just plain tired. Ugh, hate these games.
good comment ,

Since i didnt see many Lightning games this year , i can tell you that my impression of what i saw tonight was a tired team or a team who is thinking about next season .

Old
03-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
ugh.
see you arround , buddy .
Take care

Old
03-10-2012, 08:36 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Another sad night for Tokarski. He's making big timely saves and his play in net is well enough for us to win. It's unfortunate he hasn't won a game yet.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:36 PM
ryansjake
FOREVER MALONE!

I don't care what anybody says, we miss having Lecavalier and Ohlund. It's hard for any team to be missing their captain and a veteran leader on the back end. Look @ Detroit without their centre and D man. I know Ohlund isn't Lidstrom, and Vinny isn't as flashy as Datsyuk, but your leaders and skill players being out hurts.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:37 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
see you arround , buddy .
Take care
Thanks for stoppin by! I'll tell Kristia you said Hi.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:38 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Keith Aulie doesn't belong on this team. Send Tokarski back, too. Let Norfolk make some noise.

Find someone from the EU. Ride out the rest of these contracts.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Govment Cheese

Quote:
Another sad night for Tokarski. He's making big timely saves and his play in net is well enough for us to win. It's unfortunate he hasn't won a game yet.
So when are the Bolts in front of TIC going to put out the level of effort needed to get TIC is first NHL win?

Govment Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:41 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansjake View Post
I don't care what anybody says, we miss having Lecavalier and Ohlund. It's hard for any team to be missing their captain and a veteran leader on the back end. Look @ Detroit without their centre and D man. I know Ohlund isn't Lidstrom, and Vinny isn't as flashy as Datsyuk, but your leaders and skill players being out hurts.
We can't keep playing the only guys who can score like this each night. I think it's starting to take it's toll on them. They haven't been as explosive the past 2 games. I can't wait for Vinny to get back here. Hopefully not too much longer for him to go.

top line ice time:

Stammer - 27:31
St. Louis - 29:35
Purcell - 22:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Keith Aulie doesn't belong on this team. Send Tokarski back, too. Let Norfolk make some noise.

For now, looks like Norfolk is fine without them. I'll say this again but this was Aulie's best game so far. He's gotten a little more comfortable each game and tonight he put some Canes on the ground which was nice to see. He made some beautiful hits on Skinner and LaRose, and when he had the puck he was calm and made the play. On the other side of the rink he had a nice give-and-go with Marty. He still has a habit of roaming out of position in the defensive zone where the center has to keep covering for him, but there's been good improvement. Him and Tokarski look like they belong here, and even if we shutting it down let them play it out until the AHL playoffs begin. If they are going to be seriously competing for spots next training camp, let this be a head start.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 03-10-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old
03-10-2012, 08:44 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:

I actually thought Keith Aulie played pretty solid tonight. His best game by far in a Bolts sweater. Made a few good defensive plays.

Norfolk is fine without Tokarski for a bit. Keep him up and let him experience what its like here. Hes playing just fine and isnt getting blown up or anything. The goal support has disappeared. The first line isnt really producing much in the last two games.

Start him again on Tuesday. See how he does against the big bad Bruins and then decide what to do.

Ill tell you who does need to go back somewhere. Connolly. Hes garbage on both ends of the ice right now and STILL cant stay on his skates. Unless he goes with Stammer to train with Roberts in the offseason and makes a huge improvement in a lot of things, Ill be amazed if hes not in Norfolk next year.

This game was must win IMO. 5 points back now. 14 games to go. Not looking to good. We needed 12 of 14 points on this homestand IMO, doesnt leave much room for error now. Stamkos isnt scoring anymore either .

So much to be frustrated about.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:45 PM
ryansjake
FOREVER MALONE!

Quote:
We can't keep playing the only guys who can score like this each night. I think it's starting to take it's toll on them. They haven't been as explosive the past 2 games. I can't wait for Vinny to get back here. Hopefully not too much longer for him to go.

top line ice time:

Stammer - 27:31
St. Louis - 29:35
Purcell - 22:47
27 and 29 minutes is too much, even for a D man! If Vinny was here, Malone would have upped ice time, and Vin would play at least 20 minutes, and would take checking pressure and extra ice time off Stamkos and Marty, allowing them to be rested.

That, or remove the power limiting software from the MSL-26 cyborg (known as the human Martin St. Louis) and let him go free on opposition goalies...

Old
03-10-2012, 08:46 PM
gn2007

got to play boston on tuesday ugh hopefully we get our game together

gn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:48 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
I actually thought Keith Aulie played pretty solid tonight. His best game by far in a Bolts sweater. Made a few good defensive plays.

Norfolk is fine without Tokarski for a bit. Keep him up and let him experience what its like here. Hes playing just fine and isnt getting blown up or anything. The goal support has disappeared. The first line isnt really producing much in the last two games.

Start him again on Tuesday. See how he does against the big bad Bruins and then decide what to do.

Ill tell you who does need to go back somewhere. Connolly. Hes garbage on both ends of the ice right now and STILL cant stay on his skates. Unless he goes with Stammer to train with Roberts in the offseason and makes a huge improvement in a lot of things, Ill be amazed if hes not in Norfolk next year.

This game was must win IMO. 5 points back now. 14 games to go. Not looking to good. We needed 12 of 14 points on this homestand IMO, doesnt leave much room for error now. Stamkos isnt scoring anymore either .

So much to be frustrated about.
Aulie can't pinch for ****, he chases players everywhere, was responsible for two awful goals and has no concept at this point in his career of gap control. Very, very raw. He needs to go to Norfolk for (more than likely) a year.

Connolly played well considering he played with about 8 different line combinations because we have no third line and they're icing Stamkos for 5 minutes at a time, there are just so many things wrong with the team at this point its no use ****ing with a kid in net, send him back and let him roll in Norfolk and start looking towards next season.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:50 PM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 95
Shots: TBL 38:26 CAR

TOI:
St. Louis (0P) 29:35
Stamkos (0P) 27:31

Jokinen (2A) 17:38
Skinner (2G) 16:45
Larose (1G-1A) 15:41

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 09:00 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Aulie can't pinch for ****, he chases players everywhere, was responsible for two awful goals and has no concept at this point in his career of gap control. Very, very raw. He needs to go to Norfolk for (more than likely) a year.

Connolly played well considering he played with about 8 different line combinations because we have no third line and they're icing Stamkos for 5 minutes at a time, there are just so many things wrong with the team at this point its no use ****ing with a kid in net, send him back and let him roll in Norfolk and start looking towards next season.
So youre saying Aulie played badly and Connolly played well tonight?

Interesting.

I feel it was the complete opposite. In fact Connolly has done absolutely nothing to show me he should be here since pretty much the beginning of the season. His goals earlier in the year were borderline lucky types as well. He has average speed, below average skating ability as he is ALWAYS falling, Im pretty sure he has the worst balance of any player in the NHL. Solid shot but nothing spectacular and is horrible defensively. He has no finishing ability at this level currently. He needs a year or two in the AHL to work on those things. Then he might be useful to us here. Right now hes just a warm body.

Aulie I agree is very raw but he certainly didnt play horrible tonight. He made quite a few plays. The good news is, hes making plays with his physical size and talent right now, the things he needs work on, like you mentioned, can all be taught. I agree he would be better off in the AHL but Im not sure its going to happen next season as hes not waiver exempt. You think Yzerman would like to see Aulie get picked and have lost Ashton for nothing? Doubt it. I think hes going to have to learn on the job up here and will eventually be a good top 4 dman. My main point though was that he looked decent tonight. Not amazing but it was his best game so far as a member of the team.

Old
03-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Govment Cheese

Quote:

Really this weekend is a 3 in 3 Janus just played back to back. Tomorrow will have to play Nagle or grind it out with a tired Janus. Could have used TIC this weekend.

Quote:

Ya let's try to destroy his confidence before the Bolts season is over. Other than a couple players the Bolts in front of him just don't seem to be putting forth the effort needed.

Govment Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 09:07 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govment Cheese View Post
Really this weekend is a 3 in 3 Janus just played back to back. Tomorrow will have to play Nagle or grind it out with a tired Janus. Could have used TIC this weekend.

Ya let's try to destroy his confidence before the Bolts season is over. Other than a couple players the Bolts in front of him just don't seem to be putting forth the effort needed.
Tokarski being here is helpful to the Lightning in a few ways. He gives them the best chance to win right now. And its also a good opportunity to see what we may have him in at this level. So far hes doing pretty well all things considered. Yzerman seeing what he can do right now, here, could very well help him make a decision on how much to pay for a goalie either through UFA or trade in the offseason.

Not to sound like an *******, because I love the Ads to win because they are TB prospects, but I could give two ***** about them missing a player if that player is currently helping TB. And thats what Tokarski is doing.

He is 22, not a teenager. If he gets a few goals on him, he will learn to shrug it off. And if he cant, well then he doesnt deserve to be in the NHL anyways so he can back. Hes played very well and I see no need to send him back at the moment. If TB is completely out of the playoffs in the next week or so, then we can send him back so Norfolk can go on a run.

Old
03-10-2012, 09:43 PM
zeykshade

I DVR'd this game and just watched the 1st period. Observations that I'm sure others have made:
1) Allen didn't interfere with Spacek. Not sure how the center ice official can make that call when the puck is clearly right there. Unless, of course, I'm more vision impaired than that official.

2) 2nd Carolina goal was on a clear offsides blown call by the linesman.

I did call the final score, was it due to Clark being a ****ing Pez dispenser?

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 09:44 PM
zeykshade

Wallace, not Allen in last post. Helps to not read other things while typing.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote