HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Smith/Wilson... ?

Old
03-10-2012, 10:40 AM
DiXEN8

vCash: 500
Smith/Wilson... ?

Hi preds fan!

I have both these guys in my keeper's pool and I'm wondering what's going on with them... they we're both healthy scratch last game

Thx for update

DiXEN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:52 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiXEN8 View Post
Hi preds fan!

I have both these guys in my keeper's pool and I'm wondering what's going on with them... they we're both healthy scratch last game

Thx for update
We have too many NHL-level forwards. Trotz is using the surplus to 1) keep players fresh, and 2) keep players focused by using his ability to bench them.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:57 PM
roseyc

We all try to figure out what Trotz is thinking and it's mostly guess work. But with Smith he's been lagging and Yip needed to play and Halischuk needed to play to keep in flow of the game and with the team. On Wilson is a head scratcher but to look at this way Wilson got burn out the last two year I expect Wilson back against the Wings. The Preds for the first time in their history have excess and good excess not just minor league fill ins. We have a lot of the same pieces and good problems. Take Bourque for instance normally he would be in Milw but he's earning his playing time by his hustle and excellent skating. On the other hand people like Tootoo should be held under the same scruntiny. I like Tootoo for what he brings but his game and passes are horrendous right now but Trotz has his favorites and Tootoo and Legwand and Erat are ones. Not that all are playing bad but when they are they don't get scrutinized.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote