HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WOW!You guys have to try GRETZKY NHL 2005 ON PS2...

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2004, 07:27 PM
ifesfor*

vCash: 500
WOW!You guys have to try GRETZKY NHL 2005 ON PS2...

...to realise how crappy it is!

Thanks god we got developer like Sega and EA to make excellent hockey game.Gretzky hockey look like a playstation 1 conversion haha.

1/10!

Old
11-11-2004, 08:38 PM
wedge

I remember the ooooooold Wayne Gretzky hockey game on the NES.... the first game to put real NHL players names in it... but the game was soooooo... I don't have the words to describe it. When you can say that the old game called "Ice hockey" was better, it says it all.. My favorite of the time was Blades of Steel... brings so many memories lol

Old
11-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Alexander Ovechkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifesfor
...to realise how crappy it is!

Thanks god we got developer like Sega and EA to make excellent hockey game.Gretzky hockey look like a playstation 1 conversion haha.

1/10!
I want to try this game hihihi if you say 1/10 LOL

Old
11-11-2004, 09:04 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderama
I remember the ooooooold Wayne Gretzky hockey game on the NES.... the first game to put real NHL players names in it... but the game was soooooo... I don't have the words to describe it. When you can say that the old game called "Ice hockey" was better, it says it all.. My favorite of the time was Blades of Steel... brings so many memories lol
I have blades of steel and it still works.....It's sick

Old
11-11-2004, 11:07 PM
HabsoluteFate

My favorite was always the NHL series (well until Sega came along with ESPN the last 2 years). Although who can forget
Brett Hull 95
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/g/supe...5/overview.php

That brings back memories I don't remember it being that bad either back then anyways ;0

Old
11-12-2004, 09:22 AM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
I made the mistake of renting that yesterday. Took it back 20 minutes after. What an awful, awful game.

Old
11-12-2004, 10:28 AM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
My favorite was always the NHL series (well until Sega came along with ESPN the last 2 years). Although who can forget
Brett Hull 95
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/g/supe...5/overview.php

That brings back memories I don't remember it being that bad either back then anyways ;0
oh yeah it was great.. I think it was one of the first with vocal descriptions of the game. if not the first.

of course the nhl series was great too, but I was talking about the pre-EASports days... on the NES...

Old
11-12-2004, 12:23 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderama
oh yeah it was great.. I think it was one of the first with vocal descriptions of the game. if not the first.

of course the nhl series was great too, but I was talking about the pre-EASports days... on the NES...
Nobody hit me there but i hate to admit it but i wasnt a hockey fan back in the NES days...i actually didnt become a fan until i left home and lived with my brother when i was 17...he force fed me game after game and what do you know i'm more of a hockey nut than him now Back in the NES days my favorite type of game was the mario games...I remember making a big deal of "The Wizard" (movie) when it came out because it had the first screen shots/videos of super mario 3...it even gave away the first secret wistle in the movie...anyways i'm going off topic here so enough about that

Old
11-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Habsfunk

Blades of Steel is a classic. A couple of years ago one of my roommates had a NES and we would play it all the time. We had some epic battles reminiscent of my high school days when I would play NHL 95 on Genesis non-stop with my friends. Sure, the new games are more realistic and have more features, but they don't match the sheer entertainment factor of those two.

Old
11-12-2004, 03:14 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfunk
Blades of Steel is a classic. A couple of years ago one of my roommates had a NES and we would play it all the time. We had some epic battles reminiscent of my high school days when I would play NHL 95 on Genesis non-stop with my friends. Sure, the new games are more realistic and have more features, but they don't match the sheer entertainment factor of those two.

I believe you've just grown up........ Same for me..... I now prefer "playing" with a girl than with video games.

Blades of Steel was also the first hockey game I played... It was on Game Boy....
And the first hockey game I owned was Hockey on Lynx (from Atari). I remember having beaten San Jose 34-0........

Old
11-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I've played every single hockey video game that has come out since "Ice Hockey" on NES except for one game. I think it was called something like "Mario Lemieux's hockey"

did anyone play this and was it any good?

I know its a pointless question now but it was a game that I really wanted to checkout as a youngster but i never really got around to it.

Old
11-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
i like nhl 2002. i still like it more than 2004 or 2005. it was so much faster.

Old
11-12-2004, 07:27 PM
ifesfor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
I've played every single hockey video game that has come out since "Ice Hockey" on NES except for one game. I think it was called something like "Mario Lemieux's hockey"

did anyone play this and was it any good?

I know its a pointless question now but it was a game that I really wanted to checkout as a youngster but i never really got around to it.

Get an emulator for genesis and the rom, thats probably very easy to find.Was it god?Not real;ly, kinda average, gameplay was similar to blade of steel a bit,but not incredible for the time it was release.But IT IS better than Gretzky 2005!

Old
11-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Alexander Ovechkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
i like nhl 2002. i still like it more than 2004 or 2005. it was so much faster.
Yeah . NHL 2002 is very good but the 2005 OMG its very very good !! The best NHL of all time ! (The EA NHL 2005 not The Wayne Gretsky !! )

Old
11-13-2004, 10:08 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherdow_the_king
Yeah . NHL 2002 is very good but the 2005 OMG its very very good !! The best NHL of all time ! (The EA NHL 2005 not The Wayne Gretsky !! )
waoh!!! ESPN is way better than EA NHL 2005... It's not even a close one.

Old
11-13-2004, 10:11 AM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
God, what did you smoke?

Pathetic.

Old
11-13-2004, 10:13 AM
x-bob

Quote:
agreed

Old
11-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
They both need improving imo. But I prefer NHL2005 right now. I cant take the way they skate and move around on the ice in 2K5.

Anyone remember "Stanley Cup" hockey for the super nintendo?? I recall having it, and when we would have sleepovers at my friends house we'd set up tournaments and play all night long. We eventually found a cheap way to score, which was to just get by the red centre ice line right down the middle and flip the puck, dumping it..it would fal right over and behind the goalie directly into the net.

Old
11-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316
They both need improving imo. But I prefer NHL2005 right now. I cant take the way they skate and move around on the ice in 2K5.

Anyone remember "Stanley Cup" hockey for the super nintendo?? I recall having it, and when we would have sleepovers at my friends house we'd set up tournaments and play all night long. We eventually found a cheap way to score, which was to just get by the red centre ice line right down the middle and flip the puck, dumping it..it would fal right over and behind the goalie directly into the net.
yeah, the good ole trick !!
I beat the leafs 123-0 with that trick

Old
11-13-2004, 03:58 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
I tried it today and it was the worst game ever for me.Btw Espn>Eastports.

Old
11-14-2004, 09:58 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-47
God, what did you smoke?

Pathetic.
Sorry but it appears every magazine or video game website agrees with me that ESpN is way better than EA. EA is wwwaaaayyyy to arcady. Unless you like that.. but I like a good simulation. So that is the main reason I like ESPN, it feels a lot more real, the gameplay is just so better.

Old
11-14-2004, 10:50 AM
PockIsGoD

ESPN's game are much better for hockey contents and all the fun related stuff (Classic teams, skill comps ect...) But IMO, NHL Easports Game are way better for the graphics. In a perfect world, ESPN should use EASports Graphics

Old
11-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316

That was simply an awesome game but I stopped using that trick, it got boring when you scored one second into each period.

The funniest thing in a sports game that I ever saw happened while playing that game. I was Montreal playing against Vancouver and I had my goalie (whoever it was, I can't remember) pass the puck. The puck ended up going past everyone, bounced off the boards and started heading right toward the Vancouver net. It ended up somehow getting past the Vancouver goalie (Kirk Maclean?). Simply hilariou.

Old
11-14-2004, 11:18 AM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke
That was simply an awesome game but I stopped using that trick, it got boring when you scored one second into each period.

The funniest thing in a sports game that I ever saw happened while playing that game. I was Montreal playing against Vancouver and I had my goalie (whoever it was, I can't remember) pass the puck. The puck ended up going past everyone, bounced off the boards and started heading right toward the Vancouver net. It ended up somehow getting past the Vancouver goalie (Kirk Maclean?). Simply hilariou.
ahahah me too... I never figured out the way to score at that game.. I almost always lost 1-0 or win 1-1.. once, I won 1-0 and my goalie scored the goal, the same way you've described...

Old
11-14-2004, 02:46 PM
AK-47

Quote:
Sorry but it appears every magazine or video game website agrees with me that ESpN is way better than EA. EA is wwwaaaayyyy to arcady. Unless you like that.. but I like a good simulation. So that is the main reason I like ESPN, it feels a lot more real, the gameplay is just so better.
Yeah, ESPN isn't exactly the greatest game out there either. Oh well, you're entitled to your opinion, but most of the people i've talked too think the game sucks the big one. Still, the party mode is fun when you're with a bunch of friends.

Closed Thread