HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 69|Sharks @ Coyotes|6PM|3-11-12|(Great chokes in sports history)

Old
03-11-2012, 01:33 AM
AndrewYotes

vCash: 500
Don't forget Gordon, he's a boss.

AndrewYotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:38 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewYotes View Post
Don't forget Gordon, he's a boss.
This. I've really liked our off season additions to the team and how they have been producing on the ice for us this year.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:39 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Okay. Thanks for that.
You should advocate on Coyotes Bandwagon behalf for other Sharks fans if they wind up missing the playoffs and the Coyotes do. Although you guys still have a shot, among other teams. We are just as close to not making the playoffs as we are making it. Still a lot of hockey left.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:21 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Klesla back in lineup and the Yotes get a shutout, not sure that's coincidence. He was sorely missed! Also Yandle plays 18 minutes and gets 1 assist, 4 shots on goal and is a +3, again not sure that's a coincidence.

Very solid game and hope they can get back to their winning ways!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:50 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
You should advocate on Coyotes Bandwagon behalf for other Sharks fans if they wind up missing the playoffs and the Coyotes do. Although you guys still have a shot, among other teams. We are just as close to not making the playoffs as we are making it. Still a lot of hockey left.
We've, for the most part, decided that we'll root for you guys because we'd love to see a team like the 'Yotes win is all in a big "screw you!" to the rest of the NHL.

Some are having a bit of an issue because we hate Torres so much, but it's basically between Phoenix and Nashville.

And yeah, there's a lot of hockey left, but the main players on SJ are spent. Marleau and Thornton have been doing everything in their power to force the team to win (they were the only good forwards in Phoenix), but you can see the frustration rolling off them. There's only so much they can do. :/

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:53 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Griffen's Army.

That was Coyotes Hockey. It's been a while.

End message

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 07:36 AM
MP

No resigned blows after this one, I'm sure.

MP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:11 PM
RafaNadal

So with Klesla and Morris back with the team we are now carrying 9 D. Stone, Summers, Runblad, Who stays and who goes to Portland?

RafaNadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:35 PM
mitch27

So upset that I missed the game. That was a huge ****ing win. Enough said.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:39 PM
kihekah19

While the first period produced the necessary result in the end, far too much of it was on Smith. For his play we were fortunate, but if he's just a little off the outcome could easily be very different. I saw this as another slow start and it is concerning. The boys need to find a way to improve their starts.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrollhunter View Post
So with Klesla and Morris back with the team we are now carrying 9 D. Stone, Summers, Runblad, Who stays and who goes to Portland?
No one is going to Portland. There is no roster limit after the deadline. Most probable player to be sent down would be Pouliot, since he was recalled after the deadline.

We'll have 10 defensemen when Schlemko is ready.

Yandle-Aucoin
OEL-Roszival
Klesla-Stone
Summers-Morris
Schlemko-Rundblad

Naych_PHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:48 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Unreal situation to be in. Just imagine when Schlemko comes back and he's able to play.

At this point, I keep Summers and Stone up, and send Rundblad back down. They said they have to check on Morris' conditioning. Right now, I hope he's not able to be game ready, because Stone has been good in his limited time, and Summers has been picking it up. I was surprised he was a scratch last night over Stone to be honest, but it worked out.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
No one is going to Portland. There is no roster limit after the deadline. Most probable player to be sent down would be Pouliot, since he was recalled after the deadline.

Yandle-Aucoin
OEL-Roszival
Klesla-Stone
Summers-Morris
Schlemko-Rundblad
You think a tightly budgetted team keeps all of those NHL salaries on the books?

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
You think a tightly budgetted team keeps all of those NHL salaries on the books?
I... don't know. Do you? All I heard is that the possibility of Summers, Stone and I think Rundblad being sent down are slim, cause any player called up before the deadline, and on the roster at the time, can't be sent down. This has been somewhat disputed but I haven't seen anything concrete. Also, I could be wrong but I'm thinking Morris wasn't paid for his time when he was on leave from the team. Two years ago during the end of year and during the playoffs they carried extra forwards in Boedker, Turris, Maclean and Tikhonov but didn't play them.

Naych_PHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Louiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post

Yandle-Aucoin
OEL-Roszival
Klesla-Stone
Summers-Morris
Schlemko-Rundblad
Rundblad goes down. Summers stays he isnt on AHL clear day roster. Stone is but I think they will keep him around. Pouliot goes down as soon as Hanzal Or Chipchura is ready because he is on emergency call-up.

Anyway since the Pirates will most likely miss the playoffs they will all be call-up to the Coyotes for the NHL playoffs anyway.

Louiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:14 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I was surprised he was a scratch last night over Stone to be honest, but it worked out.

As was I, but I could not be happier (thus far), as a player I looked at two years ago and picked as a gamer, he's not only come along faster than I thought, but he might exceed my expectations!

The decision to put in the fourth line after earlier momentum was broke by the damn commercial break was all Tippett, but the puck that lead to the first goal was held in the zone by Stone. Considering the rest of his night, the kid had one helluva game and just keeps improving!

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:21 PM
hbk

Summers has played Center in the past.... Just throwing it out there.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:37 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
To keep all three of Rundblad, Summers and Stone on the roster the rest of the way would cost only about $650k. I know the Coyotes are on a budget, but Maloney was open to adding a player or two at the deadline, so I suspect there's still some room, and it doesn't serve Maloney to not spend to the budget. Plus, with how fragile this D corps can be, having the depth available isn't a bad thing.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:42 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
Due to the importance of this game, I decided to visit the only Sharks fan that I personally know. I knocked on the door, she answered, I said "Just thought I'd let you know that the Coyotes will be winning tonight, and there's nothing you can do about it." I immediately left.
I hope you'll be able to find a Predators fan to hit and run on Monday night.

GiveAFlyingPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 02:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

My effing DVR didn't record it. First time I've had this problem with DTV. So pissed. Very happy about the win, though. Sounds like a heck of a game.

03-11-2012, 04:00 PM
RafaNadal

Quote:
But doesn't the players only write 8 month contracts, so they don't cost the club anything during the playoffs

RafaNadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:25 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
But doesn't the players only write 8 month contracts, so they don't cost the club anything during the playoffs
Something like that. I believe they receive a standard payment for appearing on an NHL roster for playoff games. You can be sure of that as there's no way the players would 'play for free' while owners rake in millions.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Something like that. I believe they receive a standard payment for appearing on an NHL roster for playoff games. You can be sure of that as there's no way the players would 'play for free' while owners rake in millions.
Are you sure? It was my understand that players don't get paid in the playoffs and are paid for the regular season only. Granted not sure how that works for late season call ups from the minors who haven't had the chance to collect a big NHL check all year.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:14 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
I think the key part is that there's a budget, which presumably Maloney is still under while keeping them on the roster.

mouser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:15 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
It was my understand that players don't get paid in the playoffs and are paid for the regular season only.
The standard contract rate, whatever that may be. What I'm talking about is a type of universal stipend. Almost like a fee for appearing in a game. But that's beyond the point, which was that carrying a bunch of players isn't a big deal, even for a cash strapped team.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote