Kretchy With the 'A'

Old
04-05-2013, 08:22 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

vCash: 500
Kretchy With the 'A'

Did this surprise anyone else?

Do you think it's for keeps?(meaning until Patrice is back) In the past, I know Clode threw the 'A' on Andy, or Chris. I honestly think the added responsibility helped David's game.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:23 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
I'd have thunk Seidenberg

He likely keeps it if they move on from AF21

04-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
Did this surprise anyone else?

Do you think it's for keeps? In the past, I know Clode threw the 'A' on Andy, or Chris. I honestly think the added responsibility helped David's game.
No, it's because Bergeron and Kelly are out.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I believe in the past when a captain has been out, Claude has rotated the letter between guys. Will be interesting to see if he has it again or if someone else has it tomorrow night.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Stone Clode Stunner

It did surprise me. But he played better with that letter on his chest, so he deserves it.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:28 PM
KrejciMVP

The guy was a Conn Smyth runner up right, of course he deserves it

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Colt.45Orr

Should have it once AF is gone this summer.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:57 PM
RI.B FAN

He has been awesome. Watch his defence!

RI.B FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:58 PM
BadBruins

Looked like a leader last night IMO. I think he'll get it full time when Ference is gone as well.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Krupp

I'm sorry, we're talking about Krejci, right? That one dude that, for awhile, a LOT of people wanted traded last year?

...I wonder how many people have eaten crow this season. Krejci's been great to watch play. He's still got some inconsistency, but I'm starting to believe that's more on the two wingers he plays with rather than just his own fault. I'm glad we have him. I hope Boston keeps him for a long time.

Krupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:23 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

He deserves it. Dude's been our 2nd best forward this year.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp View Post
I'm sorry, we're talking about Krejci, right? That one dude that, for awhile, a LOT of people wanted traded last year?

...I wonder how many people have eaten crow this season. Krejci's been great to watch play. He's still got some inconsistency, but I'm starting to believe that's more on the two wingers he plays with rather than just his own fault. I'm glad we have him. I hope Boston keeps him for a long time.
I dont think anyone really dislikes him, I know I don't, but there were rumors of Yandle and Ryan being available and its hard not to think of trading Krejci in those situations especially with us being so deep at center

Ive always liked him. Glad to see him with the A

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Trap Jesus

Surprised because he seems like a guy that would be really quiet in the dressing room. Not that that means those types can't be leaders, but he just doesn't strike me as a leader type. Whatever though, he's a great player and I can't pretend to know who does what behind the scenes.

I would have thought Seids would have gotten it though. Not sure if they wanted at least one forward representative or not though.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:37 AM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
Looked like a leader last night IMO. I think he'll get it full time when Ference is gone as well.
This. IMO French Fries has taken huge strides this year in becoming *gasp* a #1 center!?.

As far as the A is concerned, the Ottawa game where he played on one leg and was arguably our best forward in that game showed me all I needed to know.

He's been our most consistent forward this year because of his increased defensive skill (in that even when he's not on the score sheet, makes big plays otherwise).

If there's anyone on this team that has earned their praise this year, it's Krejci. (And Piesy).

murphdasmurf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 02:40 AM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
That's what I think too.

Only speculation but, after the season last year he talked about something that distract him in the season and wouldn't want to say what it was. Could it be that he was a little surprise a newcomer (Kelly) got the A in his place? At the end of the year when Claude keep Chara or Bergeron off the roster, Krejci always receive an A. Add that to his amazing playoff run, the "don't stop believing" thing at 0-2 against Montreal, the leading scorer, Selke candidate, etc.

I may be out of left field saying that, but he looks like a really proud man and it may have hurt him a little last year to see the letter on the chest of a newcomer instead of him?

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 03:46 AM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
He really did look like a leader. Not sure if the criticism got to him, or the Jagr trade, or even getting to wear a letter inspired him, but he really set the pace for the B's forecheck which looked the best it has in a while.

CptxMorgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:02 AM
Serpico4ever

Still want to see more out of him and more consistently. Also, think there's only so much time until he's just gonna get to walk and nothing comes back in return but some cap space. Very solid player, but never seems to be as good as everyone thinks and hopes. Playing injured and being the number one C prolly got him the A. Also, I don't think guys like Seids need the confidence boost. Only sad thing is that Looch, who's been a leader and captain at every level, doesn't seem to be that with this team at this point, although its an old school coaching staff so, yeah. Just surprised Pandolfo didn't get it.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:42 AM
XtremeofParanoia

This is not the first time Krejci has worn an 'A' for the Bruins, btw.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp View Post

I have, in the past been a very harsh critic of DK and one who would have traded him in a heartbeat. While I have been more than happy with his play this year, I won`t eat crow on this one as I still believe that DK played much of last season in an uninspired fashion.

I`ve been pretty tough on Horty this year, up to recently (and I haven`t watched the last 3 games) he`s been MIA, his physical game was minimal and it`s tough to watch. So, while I`m glad DK seems to have found that game we were treated to often in the Cup run (knowing you can`t bring "it" every night), I`m going to forgo the Crow on this one, I fully stand by my stance that he just wasn`t consistently solid last year.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
I dont think anyone really dislikes him, I know I don't, but there were rumors of Yandle and Ryan being available and its hard not to think of trading Krejci in those situations especially with us being so deep at center

Ive always liked him. Glad to see him with the A
All you have to do is wait a while. Eventually the haters emerge.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:45 AM
whitetape

Quote:
Originally posted by ODAAT
I have, in the past been a very harsh critic of DK and one who would have traded him in a heartbeat. W
And you were dead wrong. Thank god you're not the team's GM.
Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why you are so consistently enraged at players who have ups and downs, so intolerant of them when they have an off game or two? There can only be a handful of players in the entire NHL who could meet your almost impossibly high standards.
Very tiresome. After a while, you are like a hated coach that the players tune out.
Sorry to be so harsh. You know the game well, but come on! Are you so perfect in whatever you do for a living?

whitetape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Justin St Pierre

Krejci is a good player. He plays the game well. That is what makes him a good player. They should give him an "A+" to wear, because he has done so well.

Justin St Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:46 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
Still want to see more out of him and more consistently. Also, think there's only so much time until he's just gonna get to walk and nothing comes back in return but some cap space. Very solid player, but never seems to be as good as everyone thinks and hopes. Playing injured and being the number one C prolly got him the A. Also, I don't think guys like Seids need the confidence boost. Only sad thing is that Looch, who's been a leader and captain at every level, doesn't seem to be that with this team at this point, although its an old school coaching staff so, yeah. Just surprised Pandolfo didn't get it.
I'd be beyond shocked if they let Krejci get to FA status and then leave.

Either they'd decide to ride Bergeron & Seguin as the top two centers and use Krejci in a trade to get a wing to replace Seguin (or a goalie to replace Rask, or a blue liner, or whomever else is needed at the time) or - and more likely - they're going to re-up him before he even gets to FA status & he's signed to an extension.

Them just letting him play out the next two seasons and then walking seems to be the least likely scenario. Why are you so confident that that's their plan?

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:14 PM
ed bruin

Krejci was once a skilled player who use to avoid contact and scrums, not anymore

ed bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:20 PM
northeastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
The As in my eyes are bergys and kellys. And they will both be here next year.

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote