Bruins 2013 Injury Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2012, 01:26 PM
patty59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
They do. One thing that hasn't been discussed at all on this forum; was the fact they completely took away the B's forechecking game at times by just advancing the puck into the neutral zone, then dropping it back to their D in their own zone. Then, like the B's did to the lightning, were content to watch a one man forecheck accomplish nothing while they passed the puck around. They put them to sleep.

Easier to **** all over Lucic and some others.

Bottom line, I think these guys were just spent mentally and physically from winning the cup. It ain't baseball. I'll take that excuse b/c it's the first time I've heard it in 42 years as a B's fan.

Really should credit the Caps, they had a game plan and stuck to it the entire way. The Bruins changed pretty much everything about their game plan to counter the Caps. My hat goes off to them.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Really should credit the Caps, they had a game plan and stuck to it the entire way. The Bruins changed pretty much everything about their game plan to counter the Caps. My hat goes off to them.
Last year the B's would have run them over in 5. They'd of gotten to Holtby more.

At the same time, all the Caps ever had to do was learn how to play team D in the playoffs, and they'd be dangerous w/ all their game breakers. People can say what they want a/b AO and lack of hattricks. Like Lucic on the cup run, AO is still wearing down D-men. Seids never faltered, but at least his skate blade finally did.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

I think many people have forgotten that the Caps were a preseason pick by many as a Cup favorite. They had a difficult season, but difficult times can make you stronger.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:41 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Last year the B's would have run them over in 5. They'd of gotten to Holtby more.

At the same time, all the Caps ever had to do was learn how to play team D in the playoffs, and they'd be dangerous w/ all their game breakers. People can say what they want a/b AO and lack of hattricks. Like Lucic on the cup run, AO is still wearing down D-men. Seids never faltered, but at least his skate blade finally did.
Last year they played basically the same exact series in the first round against what I consider to be a lesser team. The lone difference being Horton scoring in OT vs. Ward scoring in OT.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:52 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
The Caps will win one game in this series. NY forechecking and speed
will overwhelm that d Corp.

Old
04-27-2012, 02:46 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
The Caps will win one game in this series. NY forechecking and speed
will overwhelm that d Corp.
I beg to differ!

The Caps have a really fresh crew with hardly no injuries to speak of while the Rangers are bruised.
Furthermore their top players are fresh from very limited ice time against the Bruins.

Also the defensive game proned by the Caps is very underrated on these board....they blocked over 130 shots against the Bruins in 7 games....that is remarkable.

Their PK was consistent all season as one of the best in the NHL and they got gamebreakers like the Rangers do not....

They are also a tough team to play against and they are very deep.

IF Holtby can play like he did against the Bruins, I predict a win for the Caps in 6 games.

I looked at a few Rangers games against the Senators; they were underwhelming.... and I know the Caps can play much better than the Sens.

Old
04-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Bruins all Jello Team

Krejci - Savard - Horton
Paille - Bergeron - Thornton?

McQuaid - Boychuk

Old
04-27-2012, 04:20 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I think many people have forgotten that the Caps were a preseason pick by many as a Cup favorite. They had a difficult season, but difficult times can make you stronger.
Yeah I think they were 10-1 when all healthy or something like that...

Another weird stat is the Bruins had their entire lineup healthy for 4 games this entire 2012 calendar year.

Old
04-27-2012, 08:32 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
I beg to differ!

The Caps have a really fresh crew with hardly no injuries to speak of while the Rangers are bruised.
Furthermore their top players are fresh from very limited ice time against the Bruins.

Also the defensive game proned by the Caps is very underrated on these board....they blocked over 130 shots against the Bruins in 7 games....that is remarkable.

Their PK was consistent all season as one of the best in the NHL and they got gamebreakers like the Rangers do not....

They are also a tough team to play against and they are very deep.

IF Holtby can play like he did against the Bruins, I predict a win for the Caps in 6 games.

I looked at a few Rangers games against the Senators; they were underwhelming.... and I know the Caps can play much better than the Sens.
The Rangers will exploit
Wideman, Hamrlik, & Schultz. Those three r the reason Hunter plays a 1-4 essentially.

Boston didn't have the speed or forechecking ability the Rangers have. Incidentally Ottawa played a better two way game than Washington did.

Old
05-02-2012, 03:48 PM
don

Mods, any chance of clearing out this Stickey and starting fresh.........or create one for Rehab

Old
05-03-2012, 02:54 AM
GloveSave1
- 1 -

Please let the Bruins draw the Caps next season in the playoffs. I don't normally pick a team in five games, but id be confident picking a healthy, rested, and ever-so-slightly improved Bruins team in five games.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Savard update and it's not good.

Marc Savard tells @NHLHomeIce that he is not working out

NHLHomeIce Marc Savard tells @NHLHomeIce 'its far down the line if he plays again. Nothing in the near future'

Marc Savard told @NHLHomeIce that he has memory issues, and doesn't see himself playing in the near future. @NHLHomeIce

I am Boston Strong

Old
05-03-2012, 05:10 PM
chizzler

Not surprising.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

Not sure if this was posted previously:

Quote:
Other than that, and assuming that a very gaunt-looking McQuaid can come back from his late-season concussion — maybe not a sure thing — this should be a stable and familiar group.
3 May 2012 - Stephen Harris, Boston Herald

Old
05-16-2012, 10:58 AM
sooshii
Living the dream

BISH posted an interview with Seguin today:

He had surgery on his hand a few days after season ended to repair a tendon. He's got the cast off and he's in a splint. Total recovery time expected to be 10 weeks before he can work out.

Old
05-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Cid

Marc Savard shot a great front 9 of golf today in a Tournament qualifier at Wildfire in Lakefield today. One of my trainers was caddying for a client of hers and he was in a threesome with Marc and another guy. Apparently he has put on QUITE a bit of weight. Glad to see he's doing something he loves though and not limited any more by the post concussion symptoms.

Old
05-16-2012, 01:54 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Marc Savard shot a great front 9 of golf today in a Tournament qualifier at Wildfire in Lakefield today. One of my trainers was caddying for a client of hers and he was in a threesome with Marc and another guy. Apparently he has put on QUITE a bit of weight. Glad to see he's doing something he loves though and not limited any more by the post concussion symptoms.
No surprise. Can't do much exercise because of PCS and anti-depressants (usually part of treatment) often cause a weight gain.

Old
05-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I have a new-found respect/understanding of what players go through with concussions. I'm on day 3 of being couch-bound with a concussion and I'm completely miserable.

Old
05-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
No surprise. Can't do much exercise because of PCS and anti-depressants (usually part of treatment) often cause a weight gain.
I'd argue the inability to exercise is mostly from the PCS and not anti depressants and this causes weight gain. Depending on the anti-depressant some actually lose weight.

All treatment plans and concussions are different so please don't generalize.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:48 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
Everyone`s different, I have had 2 concussion and although I was not exactly living a fantastic and ecstatic life during both, it was never suggested I take Anti Depression meds but I was/have been sure instructed to not do bloody much, and you can trust me when I say I don`t play elite sports like these guys do, my job hardly takes half the energy nor committment to fitness

Old
06-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Marc Savard
06/15/2011. x3

Anything new on Savvy? Will he at least be able to be in Boston around September?

Old
06-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Savard View Post
Anything new on Savvy? Will he at least be able to be in Boston around September?
No new updates and very much doubt he'll be in Boston for any long period of time. Occasional visit and nothing more.

Old
06-04-2012, 09:04 AM
chizzler

Savard is done. Does anyone want him to come back. The guy is better off out of hockey. He has to worry about not getting another concussion just in everyday life. Things happen, let alone getting another in hockey. Does anybody think he's coming back?

Old
06-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

[QUOTE=chizzler;50489353]Savard is done. Does anyone want him to come back. The guy is better off out of hockey. He has to worry about not getting another concussion just in everyday life. Things happen, let alone getting another in hockey. Does anybody think he's coming back?[/QUOTE]

Nobody I know. Most wish Marc the best and hope he can lead a normal life.
IF he does get back to normal maybe he can help out the B's in other ways (not as a player).

How is Adam McQuaid ??? Is he going to be OK for this Fall ??

06-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Alan Ryan

Good news. Adam McQuaid is feeling good and back to training.

“I’ve been feeling like myself pretty much for a few weeks now,” said McQuaid. “I’m feeling pretty good and starting to ramp up the training. Everything has been good thus far.”

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...8&feedID=10944

Closed Thread