Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Bruins 2013 Injury Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Heisenberg77

vCash: 500
So not ready for heartbreaking news today. God dammit. Why of all people Bergeron? Such **** luck. Completely ruins the season for me. No chance at a cup at all sans Bergeron.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeelyDan View Post
Yeah, because Dupont is never dramatic for effect.
More to the point, the missing tweet was merely describing his friend's reaction to Bergeron leaving the ice, and nothing more.

Bergeron could be out for a long time, or it could be a bump in the road like the Giroux hit. No one knows yet. But reading into "My friend felt bad for Bergeron" anything more is foolish.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:40 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

If we are talking about a head injury, then there is no one who knows how long he is going to be out. Unless it was a serious concussion, which it did not appear to be, then he is going to be day-to-day until he is symptom free. I'm not sure how anyone can just look at a player exiting the ice and determine that he is done. Nobody knows what is going on inside the guy's head. The symptoms could last for a week, or he could by symptom free today, who knows? That tweet is so damn ambiguous, and quite frankly embarrassing for someone who is supposed to be a reporter. What is that even supposed to mean? Come on, KPD!

Old
04-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr View Post
More to the point, the missing tweet was merely describing his friend's reaction to Bergeron leaving the ice, and nothing more.

Bergeron could be out for a long time, or it could be a bump in the road like the Giroux hit. No one knows yet. But reading into "My friend felt bad for Bergeron" anything more is foolish.
It's Dupont of all people. I personally think he should go back to researching sumo wrestlers as goalies or some other fukacta way of changing the game.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Dicky113

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
http://twitter.com/GlobeKPD/status/319462161497853950

GlobeKPD Longtime pal, hockey guy 40-plus years, upon seeing Bergeron exit last night: ''Saw that...wanted to cry.''

Bergeron's done guys...
What does this even mean? His friend wanted to cry because Bergeron left the game with an injury? Or did he mean leave the rink afterwards in a bodybag? I know drama sells newspapers Hub (or whatever it is you guys sell these days) but this is ridiculous sensationalism even by your lofty standards.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
So not ready for heartbreaking news today. God dammit. Why of all people Bergeron? Such **** luck. Completely ruins the season for me. No chance at a cup at all sans Bergeron.
you dont know that yet

Old
04-03-2013, 11:01 AM
BoyntBergie

If that hit instantly caused Bergeron to have to leave due to a concussion or any sort of head injury, he should think about hanging them up.

My prediction is that a lot of this is alarmist, it's not a head injury, and he'll be back within a week or so.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:02 AM
jefferson906

It almost looked like an ear injury to me, with the way he was tilting his head.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
If that hit instantly caused Bergeron to have to leave due to a concussion or any sort of head injury, he should think about hanging them up.

My prediction is that a lot of this is alarmist, it's not a head injury, and he'll be back within a week or so.
I would not be surprised if he is in the lineup tomorrow night.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:04 AM
jefferson906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
It's Dupont of all people. I personally think he should go back to researching sumo wrestlers as goalies or some other fukacta way of changing the game.
I've been saying that for at least 4 years. Once a hack, always a hack.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Heisenberg77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
you dont know that yet
Of course I don't. But when it comes to Bergeron, I expect the worst. It doesn't look good. Combine that with how mum the Bruins are, and I don't get a good feeling about this.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:05 AM
panny2727

ear? could be a cut on ear, cauliflower ear?? (would of came back me thinks for ear). stiff neck, whiplash?? maybe

or lets hope not head

Last edited by panny2727: 04-03-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old
04-03-2013, 11:11 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
Of course I don't. But when it comes to Bergeron, I expect the worst. It doesn't look good. Combine that with how mum the Bruins are, and I don't get a good feeling about this.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Bruins didn't practice today and aren't addressing the media until 5 because of the deadline. I'm thinking that's the reason there hasn't been an update.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:14 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:

Agreed on all accounts.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:20 AM
CheerstoBeers

I watched the replay a few times and it just can't be a head injury. It was a pretty weak shot to the head..If that cause a concussion then Bergeron has some serious issues that will probably cut his career short for sure..

Old
04-03-2013, 11:23 AM
FallsForItEveryYear

not sure if no news is good or bad.

on one hand saying nothing about a bad injury is smart until after the deadline so teams dont know if your desperate.

but at the same time if hes feeling fine and they are just waiting to make sure he doesnt have any concussion symptoms before tomorrow nights game makes sense. if you say hes fine just to have to contradict yourselves later looks bad.

say nothing let him rest see how he feels next time he actually has to step on the ice

Old
04-03-2013, 11:42 AM
ODAAT

Dupes/Eklund/Garrioch, all the same. Not sure I liked Bergy`s reaction to the play but no way I`m mailing it in like Dupes has already done (shocker), if it turns out to be another head injury (all fingers and toes have been crossed all day here in class it isn`t) but if so, it would be legit cause of concern moving forward.

I`m saying Bergy leads the B`s to their 2nd cup in 3 years though for the sake of positivity

Old
04-03-2013, 11:44 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
not sure if no news is good or bad.

on one hand saying nothing about a bad injury is smart until after the deadline so teams dont know if your desperate.

but at the same time if hes feeling fine and they are just waiting to make sure he doesnt have any concussion symptoms before tomorrow nights game makes sense. if you say hes fine just to have to contradict yourselves later looks bad.

say nothing let him rest see how he feels next time he actually has to step on the ice
Would I be incorrect in stating that there appears to be no call up from Providence ala Spooner either which "may" be a sign that he will be ok?

Old
04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Would I be incorrect in stating that there appears to be no call up from Providence ala Spooner either which "may" be a sign that he will be ok?
They can make an emergency call-up tomorrow if they have to, so I would say no, it's not a sign. I bet they'll wait until tomorrow for him to report how he feels, then go from there.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
They can make an emergency call-up tomorrow if they have to, so I would say no, it's not a sign. I bet they'll wait until tomorrow for him to report how he feels, then go from there.
Thanks Combat, still worried but trying to stay positive, hope Bergy is ok

Old
04-03-2013, 11:52 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
Not to keep on speculating when all we really have is circumstantial evidence, but when I watched the replay, there were a couple of things that gave me some optimism:

He clearly knows something is wrong right away, and you can tell he is hurt, but he pretty much pops right back up and begins skating off.

Once he gets up, the puck is shot past him, and he actually reacts to the puck, as if he may have to continue to play before he can get off the ice. This stood out to me because if it was a head injury, it showed me that he had the presence of mind to follow the puck and react to it.

He then skated off pretty nonchalantly and I think he actually tapped gloves with another player on the ice.

Once again, this could all mean nothing, but I didn't get the sense that it was anything major. He might miss some time, but hopefully he is able to come back.
I agree with these points.

Although his reaction to me was a "****, here we go again" (concussion). It was a sneaky little elbow to the head from whatever assface was next to him during the play.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post

Although his reaction to me was a "****, here we go again" (concussion). It was a sneaky little elbow to the head from whatever assface was next to him during the play.
It was a clean play

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-03-2013, 11:57 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:

It was a pretty high-impact elbow straight to the side of the head. Bergeron has taken much worse abuse in recent seasons and been fine.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post

Please, nothing sneaky about it, purely incidental contact

Old
04-03-2013, 11:58 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
It was a clean play
That wasn't how it struck me. Unintentional perhaps. But a definite elbow to the head, I noticed it when it happened live on TV and Bergeron's reaction.

Edit. Definitely the elbow to the head although I guess I'd have to agree it was not intentional. Intentional versus unintentional doesn't decide whether something was questionable or not, however. Not to me at least.

Closed Thread