Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
If that hit instantly caused Bergeron to have to leave due to a concussion or any sort of head injury, he should think about hanging them up.

My prediction is that a lot of this is alarmist, it's not a head injury, and he'll be back within a week or so.
I would not be surprised if he is in the lineup tomorrow night.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:04 AM
jefferson906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
It's Dupont of all people. I personally think he should go back to researching sumo wrestlers as goalies or some other fukacta way of changing the game.
I've been saying that for at least 4 years. Once a hack, always a hack.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Heisenberg77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
you dont know that yet
Of course I don't. But when it comes to Bergeron, I expect the worst. It doesn't look good. Combine that with how mum the Bruins are, and I don't get a good feeling about this.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:05 AM
panny2727

ear? could be a cut on ear, cauliflower ear?? (would of came back me thinks for ear). stiff neck, whiplash?? maybe

or lets hope not head

Last edited by panny2727: 04-03-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old
04-03-2013, 11:11 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
Of course I don't. But when it comes to Bergeron, I expect the worst. It doesn't look good. Combine that with how mum the Bruins are, and I don't get a good feeling about this.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Bruins didn't practice today and aren't addressing the media until 5 because of the deadline. I'm thinking that's the reason there hasn't been an update.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:14 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
If that hit instantly caused Bergeron to have to leave due to a concussion or any sort of head injury, he should think about hanging them up.

My prediction is that a lot of this is alarmist, it's not a head injury, and he'll be back within a week or so.
Agreed on all accounts.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:20 AM
CheerstoBeers

I watched the replay a few times and it just can't be a head injury. It was a pretty weak shot to the head..If that cause a concussion then Bergeron has some serious issues that will probably cut his career short for sure..

Old
04-03-2013, 11:23 AM
FallsForItEveryYear

not sure if no news is good or bad.

on one hand saying nothing about a bad injury is smart until after the deadline so teams dont know if your desperate.

but at the same time if hes feeling fine and they are just waiting to make sure he doesnt have any concussion symptoms before tomorrow nights game makes sense. if you say hes fine just to have to contradict yourselves later looks bad.

say nothing let him rest see how he feels next time he actually has to step on the ice

Old
04-03-2013, 11:42 AM
ODAAT

Dupes/Eklund/Garrioch, all the same. Not sure I liked Bergy`s reaction to the play but no way I`m mailing it in like Dupes has already done (shocker), if it turns out to be another head injury (all fingers and toes have been crossed all day here in class it isn`t) but if so, it would be legit cause of concern moving forward.

I`m saying Bergy leads the B`s to their 2nd cup in 3 years though for the sake of positivity

Old
04-03-2013, 11:44 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
not sure if no news is good or bad.

on one hand saying nothing about a bad injury is smart until after the deadline so teams dont know if your desperate.

but at the same time if hes feeling fine and they are just waiting to make sure he doesnt have any concussion symptoms before tomorrow nights game makes sense. if you say hes fine just to have to contradict yourselves later looks bad.

say nothing let him rest see how he feels next time he actually has to step on the ice
Would I be incorrect in stating that there appears to be no call up from Providence ala Spooner either which "may" be a sign that he will be ok?

Old
04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Would I be incorrect in stating that there appears to be no call up from Providence ala Spooner either which "may" be a sign that he will be ok?
They can make an emergency call-up tomorrow if they have to, so I would say no, it's not a sign. I bet they'll wait until tomorrow for him to report how he feels, then go from there.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
They can make an emergency call-up tomorrow if they have to, so I would say no, it's not a sign. I bet they'll wait until tomorrow for him to report how he feels, then go from there.
Thanks Combat, still worried but trying to stay positive, hope Bergy is ok

Old
04-03-2013, 11:52 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
Not to keep on speculating when all we really have is circumstantial evidence, but when I watched the replay, there were a couple of things that gave me some optimism:

He clearly knows something is wrong right away, and you can tell he is hurt, but he pretty much pops right back up and begins skating off.

Once he gets up, the puck is shot past him, and he actually reacts to the puck, as if he may have to continue to play before he can get off the ice. This stood out to me because if it was a head injury, it showed me that he had the presence of mind to follow the puck and react to it.

He then skated off pretty nonchalantly and I think he actually tapped gloves with another player on the ice.

Once again, this could all mean nothing, but I didn't get the sense that it was anything major. He might miss some time, but hopefully he is able to come back.
I agree with these points.

Although his reaction to me was a "****, here we go again" (concussion). It was a sneaky little elbow to the head from whatever assface was next to him during the play.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post

Although his reaction to me was a "****, here we go again" (concussion). It was a sneaky little elbow to the head from whatever assface was next to him during the play.
It was a clean play

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-03-2013, 11:57 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:

It was a pretty high-impact elbow straight to the side of the head. Bergeron has taken much worse abuse in recent seasons and been fine.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

Please, nothing sneaky about it, purely incidental contact

Old
04-03-2013, 11:58 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
It was a clean play
That wasn't how it struck me. Unintentional perhaps. But a definite elbow to the head, I noticed it when it happened live on TV and Bergeron's reaction.

Edit. Definitely the elbow to the head although I guess I'd have to agree it was not intentional. Intentional versus unintentional doesn't decide whether something was questionable or not, however. Not to me at least.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:59 AM
BruinInPhilly

Quote:

Bergeron ran into his elbow...certainly wasn't intentional

Old
04-03-2013, 12:01 PM
ODAAT

Unbelievable injustice that filth like the Cooke`s/Torres` of the league rarely miss a game with injury and one of the class acts in this league may be in some difficulty , just isn`t fair sometimes

Old
04-03-2013, 12:01 PM
badbrewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
I don't think they would opt for a callup regardless. With Jagr coming in, they would have had an extra body anyway.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
That wasn't how it struck me. Unintentional perhaps. But a definite elbow to the head, I noticed it when it happened live on TV and Bergeron's reaction.

Edit. Definitely the elbow to the head although I guess I'd have to agree it was not intentional. Intentional versus unintentional doesn't decide whether something was questionable or not, however. Not to me at least.

Sorry but you're reaching here.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:16 PM
hockeybpr25

LOL, NathanHortonFan, that was not intentional at all. Bergeron ran into him. Very unfortunate play but Greening did nothing wrong.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Heisenberg77

Watching it again and seeing Bergeron out of it after the contact...it just doesn't look good.

It's such a shame that guys like Bergeron and Crosby will forever have their careers riding on a thin line with these head hits/concussion history.

So fun to watch, yet so scary to know that his season/career could be cut short on an instant and on a freak play.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:27 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Sorry but you're reaching here.
No shoulder or elbow to the head there. There obviously was contact, but it was Bergeron's head running into or making contact with the Ottawa players elbow, it looked like, not the other way around.

Didn't like Bergeron's reaction to it, but I'm sensing that he himself reacts with extra precaution whenever he receives any kind of a blow to the head. For all we know, he may be under doctors instructions that whenever he receives what he feels might be a significant blow to the head that he should automatically leave the game and go get checked out. I'm suspecting either something along those lines, or perhaps it was a neck strain. I won't be sitting comfortable until we know for sure, but I don't think there's any particular reason to be feeling pessimistic.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:29 PM
NeelyDan

That's a neck strain all day long.

Closed Thread