Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 10:01 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragos View Post
Very sad news, hope he's healthy soon. Absolutely concur with hoping they shut him down if there's a chance it impacts his career. I don't understand those minimizing what happened. It didn't look like much, but it's Bergeron and it's his ****ing head. Something being wrong there is cause for reverence and concern.
The main thing I'm concerned with is Bergy's health.
Hopefully PB will have a full recovery from this concussion, no matter how long it takes!
Get well Bergy...you've helped the B's get this far, it's time for everybody else to step it up a notch.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Sevren

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyorr04 View Post
The main thing I'm concerned with is Bergy's health.
Hopefully PB will have a full recovery from this concussion, no matter how long it takes!
Get well Bergy...you've helped the B's get this far, it's time for everybody else to step it up a notch.
He needs to come back, win a couple more Cups in the next 3-4 years and retire.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:35 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
He needs to come back, win a couple more Cups in the next 3-4 years and retire.
His health is more important than another Cup, but I know where you're coming from.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Sevren

Quote:
His health is more important than another Cup, but I know where you're coming from.
It is, but I'd have to think he would want at least one more. He'd probably feel too young to retire. And I want to see him win a couple more so it all works out in the end

Another 2 or 3 year contract after this one, and he can retire a rich man at 32 with 3 Cups and a few Selke :-)

Edit : To make it clear, if he decided to retire tomorrow I would support him. I just dont think he'd want that yet.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:32 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

The more I hear the better I feel about the situation.

He got stung. He left under his own power, the medical staff recognized it instantly, he was walking and talking last night and was in good spirits today.

Sit him until he is healthy and passes the baselines and then sit him another week.

I bet we see him the last week of the regular season.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:00 AM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
You know both OTT and TOR would have to go 10-1-1 for this to happen right?
This the bruins are pretty much guaranteed to finish #1,2, or 4

Old
04-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
The more I hear the better I feel about the situation.

He got stung. He left under his own power, the medical staff recognized it instantly, he was walking and talking last night and was in good spirits today.

Sit him until he is healthy and passes the baselines and then sit him another week.

I bet we see him the last week of the regular season.
These are more or less my thoughts. While there's always the possibility of the symptoms increasing in severity in the next couple days, I think that him walking around already is a good sign. He needs to make sure he doesn't try to push himself, though, as that can delay the process.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Bmessy

Everyone in that locker room knows they need to step up now that Bergy is out. Hopefully we see that tonight.
Just shows how awesome he is. One man down and you know the whole team is gunna step up

Old
04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Good news on Kelly. (Per Boston Globe)

Chris Kelly (broken tibia) skated for a third straight day Wednesday.

He looks like he's getting closer to returning to the lineup and GM Peter Chiarelli said he expects Kelly to return soon. An exact timetable though is still a little cloudy.

04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
Good news on Kelly. (Per Boston Globe)

Chris Kelly (broken tibia) skated for a third straight day Wednesday.

He looks like he's getting closer to returning to the lineup and GM Peter Chiarelli said he expects Kelly to return soon. An exact timetable though is still a little cloudy.
Ideally if he were to be able to get 3-4 games under his belt before the start of the playoffs that would be great.

No idea if that`s possible but regardless, good sign he seems to be ahead of the intitial target date no?

Old
04-04-2013, 09:04 AM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmessy View Post
Everyone in that locker room knows they need to step up now that Bergy is out. Hopefully we see that tonight.
Just shows how awesome he is. One man down and you know the whole team is gunna step up
I hate to say it, but Patrice Bergeron has literally won everything there is to offer from the game of hockey. Sure I want another Cup. led by PB, but if there is a chance that his quality of life could be affected, long term, I wouldn't fault him one bit for walking away. Just thinking about the possibility of a life with Alzheimer's makes me ill.

After winning the Cup, I wouldn't be surprised if Patrice strongly considers this.

I know that I'm being a huge pessimist here and truthfully I think that Bergy will be okay. I guess I'm just coming to grips with this possibility.

http://www.10news.com/sports/ucla-st...eimers-disease

Old
04-04-2013, 09:06 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 774EVER View Post
I hate to say it, but Patrice Bergeron has literally won everything there is to offer from the game of hockey. Sure I want another Cup. led by PB, but if there is a chance that his quality of life could be affected, long term, I wouldn't fault him one bit for walking away. Just thinking about the possibility of a life with Alzheimer's makes me ill.

After winning the Cup, I wouldn't be surprised if Patrice strongly considers this.

I know that I'm being a huge pessimist here and truthfully I think that Bergy will be okay. I guess I'm just coming to grips with this possibility.

http://www.10news.com/sports/ucla-st...eimers-disease
Bergeron is not a quitter, like most people here. He'll be back and just as good as he was before.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:20 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Bergeron is not a quitter, like most people here. He'll be back and just as good as he was before.
I don't think he will do it, but walking away from the game because you want to have a life AFTER hockey, does not make you a quitter.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:54 AM
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time

“@NHLBruins: Coach added that Kelly will practice tomorrow and travel to Montreal with the team and then "we'll go from there"^CS”

Good news.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:56 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBRUIN View Post
“@NHLBruins: Coach added that Kelly will practice tomorrow and travel to Montreal with the team and then "we'll go from there"^CS”

Good news.
The Cage.........man that guy is a beast, could care less if he wasn`t playing up to his standards, his absence has hurt this teams balance and anyone who says it hasn`t well....

Old
04-04-2013, 10:56 AM
tragos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
I don't think he will do it, but walking away from the game because you want to have a life AFTER hockey, does not make you a quitter.
Truth. Bergy could never be seen as a quitter, nor should any man who prioritizes his life ahead of a game.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Yes it is.

I have hope that he will be fine. I am sure it is frustrating to Bergy.

04-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragos View Post
Truth. Bergy could never be seen as a quitter, nor should any man who prioritizes his life ahead of a game.
I hope the Dr tells Bergy he is OK and all will be well.

If he ever made the decision to leave hockey due to his health NO ONE should consider him a quitter.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:03 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Lemme guess, ya think Savvy too was/is a quitter? And sorry, as often as I disagree with posters here, last thing I would do is call them that on these boards, solid respect

Old
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
The Cage.........man that guy is a beast, could care less if he wasn`t playing up to his standards, his absence has hurt this teams balance and anyone who says it hasn`t well....
The PK has taken a huge hit while he's been gone. I was one of the pro-trade Kelly guys, buts its undeniable the difference he makes on that unit.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:05 AM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

Quote:
Just curious...but how did you come to the conclusion that most people here are quitters?

Old
04-04-2013, 11:13 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBRUIN View Post
The PK has taken a huge hit while he's been gone. I was one of the pro-trade Kelly guys, buts its undeniable the difference he makes on that unit.
I`ve never been a move Kelly kind of guy, I was a huge fan of this deal (seriously, look it up) when he was aquired having had the pleasure of watching his game for years when I lived in Ottawa.

The biggest "problem" with Kelly`s year last year was it immediatly raised expectations of what a real 3rd line player is. He and Pevs definitely struggled this year but in all honesty, for Chia to go out and try and find other players who can bring the intangeables these two do, regardless of those struggles, isn`t as simple as some think.

With Pevs and Kelly, we know, in crunch time, these guys can do it. Chia took a risk that backfired in the summer by not really addressing the loss of a Pouliot. It "appears" as though he thought a Caron/Knight and Bourque camp competition would arise and that slot would be determined then. Knight and Caron both injured, and we know the rest but I`ll wager, had Caron been healthy, that bigger body to begin the year would have helped a great deal on that line. He doesn`t bring the offensive element that Pouliot could bring but.....in the very few games when Caron was in there, I was watching a line who was starting to create finally

Ultimately, the terrible inconsistency of the 1st line has had it`s affect on the entire lineup, when they aren`t forcing teams to respect them, all opponents had to do was focus on Bergy`s line.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
The O'Reilly Rule

Quote:
Just curious...but how did you come to the conclusion that most people here are quitters?
People generally like to think that they are better than everyone else.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:23 AM
patty59

Quote:
Because I think I'm better than everyone else.

Oops, was beat to it

Old
04-04-2013, 11:25 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Lemme guess, ya think Savvy too was/is a quitter? And sorry, as often as I disagree with posters here, last thing I would do is call them that on these boards, solid respect
Why would I think Savvy is a quitter? I'm sure he would play if he could.

there was a lot of people on this board ready to fold up shop on a lot of occasions this year and especially when Bergeron went down.

I apologize if that's not quitting

Closed Thread