HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 - Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Bud2790

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I would say they will attract about 35,000 for the remaining games at the big O. and that they will fill their new stadium at least 50% of all their local games at the Saputo Stadium. So their average should be 21-23,000 at the SS.
Saputo Stadium is just over 20000 capacity..

Old
03-17-2012, 09:55 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
Saputo Stadium is just over 20000 capacity..
Sorry. I thought it would had around 25,000 seats.

I think they gonna do well at the Saputo because of the novelty factor. Close to 20,000 for the games played before September.

Old
03-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Sizemore24*

Kansas City look incredible so far!

Old
03-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Maxpac

To anybody that was there today, did thé organisation do anything so that the new fans would learn the chants during impact games? To me that's when going to a game gets fun, in Europe EVERYBODY sings for 90 min, it's awesome!

Old
03-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Fredd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
To anybody that was there today, did thé organisation do anything so that the new fans would learn the chants during impact games? To me that's when going to a game gets fun, in Europe EVERYBODY sings for 90 min, it's awesome!
I was there, and nope. The Ultras were chanting all game, but no one knew what the hell they were chanting. I heard several people around me question out loud what they were chanting. They were loud, just hard to understand. I guess you need to be part of the Ultras to know what they chant. Anyways, was pretty funny.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:11 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

^^^ Where's Woland?

They should really upgrade the Ultras website and post the chants as lyrics or even sound bytes. Like http://fanchants.co.uk

Old
03-18-2012, 12:17 AM
KadrüH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
I was there, and nope. The Ultras were chanting all game, but no one knew what the hell they were chanting. I heard several people around me question out loud what they were chanting. They were loud, just hard to understand. I guess you need to be part of the Ultras to know what they chant. Anyways, was pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpTl8...layer_embedded

Old
03-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Padrino86

Quote:

They're all pretty similar.. I think you can even find them on the impact official website.

Things of note... the security and the police using baton against the ultras for lightning up flares and trying to force them to seat them where there ticket said.. whatever happened to the first arrived first served in the supporters section... Well done for some excellent Montreal security and policing again

Old
03-18-2012, 12:28 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
They're all pretty similar.. I think you can even find them on the impact official website.

Things of note... the security and the police using baton against the ultras for lightning up flares and trying to force them to seat them where there ticket said.. whatever happened to the first arrived first served in the supporters section... Well done for some excellent Montreal security and policing again
They're afraid Beckham is gonna complain about it

Old
03-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

What a great game this was. It sucks the Impact couldn't pull through with the win at the last second with Gardiner's awesome strike, but it was still good times. The team played much better than last week and shows promise going into the season.

One thing I'm very happy about is Marsch's coaching. Nyassi started as a striker, he was bad, and Marsch then switched him to the wing. He was much better there, running on the right flank and centering balls. Great centre on Arnaud's goal, he was definitely a lot more comfortable playing on the wing.

Corradi was good, he's not the fastest but his skills with the ball are still there and his passing was terrific in the little time he played. Also thought Bernier was extremely solid, he was everywhere in the midfield and worked extremely hard to get balls back and jumpstart the offense.

Great atmosphere at the Big O, but I can't wait for the games to move to Saputo Stadium. The Olympic Stadium has terrible acoustics and it was very hard to understand the PA announcer, let alone the Ultras' chants (and I was in section 109, right next to them). Saputo is gonna be more cozy and should be even better in terms of atmosphere.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:01 AM
MoonlightGraham

Quote:
Yeah there's too much echo in the Olympic Stadium, it was very hard to understand the chants. After we scored a lot of people outside of the Ultras sang the "Allez Montréal" chant, which is the easiest to understand. The atmosphere was still good though, people were in the game and reacting with every action.

Old
03-18-2012, 01:22 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Watch out Ultra's.. You guys got some competition

Old
03-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post

One thing I'm very happy about is Marsch's coaching. Nyassi started as a striker, he was bad, and Marsch then switched him to the wing. He was much better there, running on the right flank and centering balls. Great centre on Arnaud's goal, he was definitely a lot more comfortable playing on the wing.
I agree... Marsh is a great coach! That's why the Habs should hire him this summer.

Old
03-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Great game by the Impact, it's just too bad we allowed that tying goal but I think we were the dominant team.

Nyassi is fast and explosive! He gets a lot of chances but can't finish.
Ferrari is rock solid, easily our best player.
I think Bernier can play better. He has only been average IMO.
Arnaud is a great captain (I think) and I'm glad he scored the first goal.
Wenger showed great skill out there but must improve his decision making (the Lars Eller of the Impact, lol).

I absolutely love the coach as well!

Old
03-18-2012, 03:26 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Nyassi is very speedy, but his play with the ball has been very disappointing today. Might be nerves, but he'll have to be a lot better with the ball.
I totally agree with this. He trumps the cards defensively, because he covers a lot of field and is working hard to contribute to the recuperation, but he has no offensive touch what so ever, no flair ... no fotty brain . his pass to wenger that got lost on a 3v3 and that lucky break that he had and shot wide of the net despite taking his time... he's no midfielder, he's no striker ... he's just a dude applying pressure up high, making it harder for the opposite team to possess the ball deep.

tip of the hat to the coach, he's really squeezing the best out of a mediocre squad. defensively, bernier did good ... arnaud did good too ... the goal will help ... the score should have been 3 or 4-1 ... should the impact have decent transition and finish up front.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:33 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Great game by the Impact, it's just too bad we allowed that tying goal but I think we were the dominant team.

Nyassi is fast and explosive! He gets a lot of chances but can't finish.
Ferrari is rock solid, easily our best player.
I think Bernier can play better. He has only been average IMO.
Arnaud is a great captain (I think) and I'm glad he scored the first goal.
Wenger showed great skill out there but must improve his decision making (the Lars Eller of the Impact, lol).

I absolutely love the coach as well!
he's clearly a defender. Its crystal clear. Im really puzzled to see they chose him over mattocks to play him as a 60th minute substitute as a forward (where mattocks is easily by a thoursand miles better). He needs playing time, he needs to get involved in the play. we are NOT going to win the MLS this year ... he needs playing time in the back... and there is plenty of room for him... besides ferrari, no one is actually better than him in the back. right now, we have a guy who's not having quality playing time who should be getting plenty. There is no service up front, he's not getting set up to finish, there are no chances ... he should be involved in the play, as a midfielder or a central dman. For me that makes no doubt.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:19 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
he's clearly a defender. Its crystal clear. Im really puzzled to see they chose him over mattocks to play him as a 60th minute substitute as a forward (where mattocks is easily by a thoursand miles better). He needs playing time, he needs to get involved in the play. we are NOT going to win the MLS this year ... he needs playing time in the back... and there is plenty of room for him... besides ferrari, no one is actually better than him in the back. right now, we have a guy who's not having quality playing time who should be getting plenty. There is no service up front, he's not getting set up to finish, there are no chances ... he should be involved in the play, as a midfielder or a central dman. For me that makes no doubt.
He scored 17 goals and had 8 assists for duke in one season. He's versatile and that's the reason why they chose him over Mattocks.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:43 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
He scored 17 goals and had 8 assists for duke in one season. He's versatile and that's the reason why they chose him over Mattocks.
he's too young to be thrown around the field, his attributes are clearly one of defensive mid / central defender type of thing, but yeah he is capable of playing up front. I just think he needs to solidify his game at his best position rather than being used as a versatile asset that may never fullfill its full potential at one position. If this guy is your best forward, you wont go anywhere. he can provide a spark, but he's not talented enough up front imho (his runs arent efficient, clearly making supportive runs instead of penetrating ones). But I hope Im wrong. I mean , they could play him there, but if the ball is not getting there we are wasting our time, and mostly his, too.

his stats for duke are the last thing I'd look at right now, its another level, at every position. Pretty sure he got thrown up front (and did well) because they had nobody else and he's just an all around gifted player. its like saying a good forward in the AHL is a good forward in the NHL ... you can't say that... especially since the step is higher imho.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 03-18-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old
03-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
he's too young to be thrown around the field, his attributes are clearly one of defensive mid / central defender type of thing, but yeah he is capable of playing up front. I just think he needs to solidify his game at his best position rather than being used as a versatile asset that may never fullfill its full potential at one position. If this guy is your best forward, you wont go anywhere. he can provide a spark, but he's not talented enough up front imho (his runs arent efficient, clearly making supportive runs instead of penetrating ones). But I hope Im wrong. I mean , they could play him there, but if the ball is not getting there we are wasting our time, and mostly his, too.

his stats for duke are the last thing I'd look at right now, its another level, at every position. Pretty sure he got thrown up front (and did well) because the had nobody else and he's just an all around gifted player.
In my opinion, the Impact should use him in a similar role as Tottenham does with Gareth Bale. Let him run one of the flanks, he can go all the way back to defensive positions and then join the rushes and build on the offense. He has the skills and the speed to do that in the MLS and I feel that would really use his skill set to its full potential.

Old
03-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Sizemore24*

For the rest of the stadium to chant the Ultra need to make an effort. Have people print the lyrics of 2-3 songs on paper, give them to people in front of the gate. Tell them that we need to chant at the 15-30-45-60-75-90 minutes...

It's greta that they put atmosphere...but they can't expect regular fan to chant as well if you don't create a relkationship with them. That's really the weakness. Just look at Seattle and Portland...the Army and fans over there have created an fantastic atmosphere after a lot of P.R job from the Army.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:12 PM
MoonlightGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana White101 View Post
For the rest of the stadium to chant the Ultra need to make an effort. Have people print the lyrics of 2-3 songs on paper, give them to people in front of the gate. Tell them that we need to chant at the 15-30-45-60-75-90 minutes...

It's greta that they put atmosphere...but they can't expect regular fan to chant as well if you don't create a relkationship with them. That's really the weakness. Just look at Seattle and Portland...the Army and fans over there have created an fantastic atmosphere after a lot of P.R job from the Army.
Yeah, I think it's a bit of a problem too. They seem a little snobbish looking from the outside and hearing appereances of their members on TV (like only they know the right way to cheer for the team). I'm not saying they are snobbish, I don't know them personnaly, but that's a little bit how they come off to me. I think they should make effort to reach out to regular fans a little more if they want people to join them.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightGraham View Post
Yeah, I think it's a bit of a problem too. They seem a little snobbish looking from the outside and hearing appereances of their members on TV (like only they know the right way to cheer for the team). I'm not saying they are snobbish, I don't know them personnaly, but that's a little bit how they come off to me. I think they should make effort to reach out to regular fans a little more if they want people to join them.
The crowd should be willing to jump in as well. It doesn't rely solely on the Ultras. I've heard many people saying that this type of cheering have no place in north america as the culture here is different. I personnally would love to see the whole crowd singing those chants at the same time.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:34 PM
pine*

nice, but disappointing to see the place so empty 10 minutes prior to kickoff

Old
03-18-2012, 12:38 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post

nice, but disappointing to see the place so empty 10 minutes prior to kickoff
I've seen people arriving 30 minutes into the game, and even later.

I hate late people.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:43 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I've seen people arriving 30 minutes into the game, and even later.

I hate late people.
I guess people were stuck in traffic or buying Impact stuff at the shops.

I was there one hour before the start and was a bit disappointed not having a full stadium for the opening ceremonies and kick off.

Closed Thread