HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is/are the area(s) of most concern for the Canucks right now?

View Poll Results: What is/are the area(s) of most concern for the Canucks Right now?
Top Line playing like 4th Line 45 45.45%
Luongo 6 6.06%
Team Defense 9 9.09%
Newly Arrived Guys 0 0%
Mason Raymond 1 1.01%
NHL Refs 3 3.03%
Team offense production 13 13.13%
Inability to score/create chances against teams with good goaltenders. 5 5.05%
Alain Vigneault 4 4.04%
Team Work Ethic 13 13.13%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Eesh

vCash: 500
My Biggest thing with the Canucks is The Sedins and Luongo can't both not show up in the same game or our goose is cooked.

Top Line playing like 4th Line No doubt about it, never have they been this bad

Luongo I have 0 confidence when Lu is in Net.. How long before the fans turn on him and he wants out???

Team Defense I don't think our team D is bad, but our Defencemen have been overall pretty lazy lately

Newly Arrived Guys Not an issue

Mason Raymond Not an issue, hes never been a game changer so its not a concern

NHL Refs Redundant question its league wide

Team offense production Its been an issue all year, Lacking consistency all year

Inability to score/create chances against teams with good goaltenders. Meh

Alain Vigneault Who really knows this but the players

Team Work Ethic I'm not there to see them pracktice

Last edited by Eesh: 03-11-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Eesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:46 AM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesh View Post
Top Line playing like 4th Line No doubt about it, never have they been this bad

Luongo I have 0 confidence when Lu is in Net.. How long before the fans turn on him and he wants out???

Team Defense I don't think our team D is bad, but our Defencemen have been overall lately

Newly Arrived Guys Not an issue

Mason Raymond Not an issue, hes never been a game changer so its not a concern

NHL Refs Redundant question its league wide

Team offense production Its been an issue all year, Lacking consistency all year

Inability to score/create chances against teams with good goaltenders. Meh

Alain Vigneault Who really knows this but the players

Team Work Ethic I'm not there to see them pracktice
The reffing lately plays into the strengths of less talented, defensive teams who thrive on obstruction and slowing the game down. So...not us.

Canucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Eesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
The reffing lately plays into the strengths of less talented, defensive teams who thrive on obstruction and slowing the game down. So...not us.
Thats not a reffing issue, its a team issue, they have to find a way to adapt. The reffing is the same league wide.

Eesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:57 AM
ProstheticConscience
Supertank 15/16

vCash: 50
All of the choices except for the one about the new guys.

ProstheticConscience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:08 AM
campbell_soup

Basically, it's the cliched "best players aren't the best players". They take turns, but hardly ever together, which is why there are so few dominating wins this year.

-The Sedins (and Burrows): this also affects our powerplay
-Edler: given his role on the team, pretty self-explanatory
-Kesler (up until recently) : when he's off, they're a one-line (or even worse) team
-Luongo: can let in soft goals that deflate the team, esp. a team that's struggling to score goals at the moment

campbell_soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:09 AM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesh View Post
Thats not a reffing issue, its a team issue, they have to find a way to adapt. The reffing is the same league wide.
No, thats a reffing issue. If the reffing starts a certain way and changes half way through the season thats BS.

Canucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:15 AM
rye&ginger

Anyone else hear Craig Simpson mention in the middle of the 3rd vs. The Have that its the time of year for harder workouts in preparation for the playoffs?

He said it in a way that suggested this is why the teams who know they will make the playoffs are stumbling.

Makes sense as you build up your body now to peak in the playoffs.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:57 AM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Inability to score against any goaltender lately. Our goaltending will be fine, but we need a top line.
No, our goaltending will implode again.

But the offense probably will too.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:27 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Have I ever felt like Bagdhad Bob... The team is priming for a long and tough play-off and they have gotten the cute trophies already. I am glad that they have put the regular season behind them.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:35 AM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Have I ever felt like Bagdhad Bob... The team is priming for a long and tough play-off and they have gotten the cute trophies already. I am glad that they have put the regular season behind them.
Sounds great on paper but when the playoffs come this team better be able to back this we're waiting for the playoffs talk up.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:36 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAME CANADA View Post
Sounds great on paper but when the playoffs come this team better be able to back this we're waiting for the playoffs talk up.
Sure, but giving it all during regular season also sounds great on paper. Been there, done that, got the President trophy - still not very happy with that.

Old
03-11-2012, 12:14 PM
MAGICMAN1963

Anyone else think maybe Z.Kassien should go down to Chicago and play there for awhile.Bring up Bitz and put him on a line with Lappy,Weisse.Think the expectations on Kassien are to high for him right now.I also think that AV needs to start benching guys that r not performing.IMO he is to soft on his star players,this team has no intensity like they did last year.If they dont get that intensity back,come playoffs its going to be a short run.

MAGICMAN1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Sure, but giving it all during regular season also sounds great on paper. Been there, done that, got the President trophy - still not very happy with that.
It doesn't matter. If they don't show up for the playoffs or even do their normal ('have one good series, take two series off' routine), how unprofessional does this stretch make them look? It's putting an awful lot of expectations for them to be great in the "important games." They may as well sit out for a few weeks and then come back for the last handful of games.

Bieksallent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICMAN1963 View Post
Anyone else think maybe Z.Kassien should go down to Chicago and play there for awhile.Bring up Bitz and put him on a line with Lappy,Weisse.Think the expectations on Kassien are to high for him right now.I also think that AV needs to start benching guys that r not performing.IMO he is to soft on his star players,this team has no intensity like they did last year.If they dont get that intensity back,come playoffs its going to be a short run.
Kassian is ineligible to be sent down as he wasn't part of the clear day rosters in the AHL. He's up here for good.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Lonny Bohonos
$15mil Mentor-pede

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICMAN1963 View Post
Bench Kassian play Weisse?

Lol, sound.

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:00 PM
hackey
Oh Did I Offend You

Oh noes the Nucks are going to crash and burn.. impeding doom

The Canuck's cannot drop lower than the second seed and have been locked into a playoff spot for a while.

There's absolutely no motivation or urgency right now.
It's human nature regardless if they're millionaire professional athletes.

Being at home for such a long stretch is distracting as well.

They will get their game in order once they get a sniff of the playoffs closing in,
until then, expect more blase

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:13 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
It doesn't matter. If they don't show up for the playoffs or even do their normal ('have one good series, take two series off' routine), how unprofessional does this stretch make them look? It's putting an awful lot of expectations for them to be great in the "important games." They may as well sit out for a few weeks and then come back for the last handful of games.
I do not share your opinion about focusing on play-off as not mattering, and that is all there is to it. Sitting out for some weeks must be sup-pair tuning for play-off, I can see that. It is certainly worse than exhausting yourself before play-off, but non off these approaches are to recommend.

When it comes to expectations on important games, I think it hardly will be any more expectations than there is already and the whole team knows it and feel their share of it too. This team want to win the cup; they are beyond the stage where it counts just putting up a good show. I am sure that there is energy and focus saved for play-off this year and not wasted on say Lindsay, Art Ross and Hart trophies.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
I do not share your opinion about focusing on play-off as not mattering, and that is all there is to it. Sitting out for some weeks must be sup-pair tuning for play-off, I can see that. It is certainly worse than exhausting yourself before play-off, but non off these approaches are to recommend.

When it comes to expectations on important games, I think it hardly will be any more expectations than there is already and the whole team knows it and feel their share of it too. This team want to win the cup; they are beyond the stage where it counts just putting up a good show. I am sure that there is energy and focus saved for play-off this year and not wasted on say Lindsay, Art Ross and Hart trophies.
The question is, what separates them from being the Capitals of last year? Lots of talk about them saving themselves, getting into peak form for the playoffs, and then nothing came of it.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:18 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
The question is, what separates them from being the Capitals of last year? Lots of talk about them saving themselves, getting into peak form for the playoffs, and then nothing came of it.
Capitals have been booted from the second round 3 years in a row. We made it to the Finals. I think there may be a big difference in perspective.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:33 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
No, our goaltending will implode again.

But the offense probably will too.
Ever notice the correlation between bad goaltending and absolute crap play from our forwards and defense? A goalie can only carry a dead team for so long.

03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey View Post
Oh noes the Nucks are going to crash and burn.. impeding doom

The Canuck's cannot drop lower than the second seed and have been locked into a playoff spot for a while.

There's absolutely no motivation or urgency right now.
It's human nature regardless if they're millionaire professional athletes.

Being at home for such a long stretch is distracting as well.

They will get their game in order once they get a sniff of the playoffs closing in,
until then, expect more blase
There's still the President's trophy. Also winning the conference guarantees you better matchups in the playoffs.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:36 PM
AvantiCanada*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
No, thats a reffing issue. If the reffing starts a certain way and changes half way through the season thats BS.
It looks like this style is here to stay. The Canucks aren't built to play in the trap era, so adjustments may need to be made in the off-season.

The defence, first of all probably needs to get bigger and stronger. Having Rome and Alberts in the pressbox is the easy place to start upgrading. A big, well rounded Dman who can really clear the crease is what the doctor ordered.

I've also considered the possibility that this team is just worn down from last years playoffs and this season, and won't be able to compete at as high a level in this years playoffs.

AvantiCanada* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Dado

vCash:
Biggest concern is that they really don't have anything to play for, and haven't for some time.

High risk of letting the hot knife edge of competitiveness get dull.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:38 PM
VanEric

It's certainly very possible that both Boston and Vancouver have hit the wall mentally and physically. Can they regroup in time for the playoffs? Or is there nothing left in the tank?

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
It's certainly very possible that both Boston and Vancouver have hit the wall mentally and physically. Can they regroup in time for the playoffs? Or is there nothing left in the tank?
Boston's slump has been going on for quite awhile now. Though I'd say they probably aren't far off from last year's standings.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote