HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs defeat Canucks 4-1...What's a "Sedin"?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2012, 01:20 AM
  #51
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater
 
shortshorts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post
I don't think his effort is in question, it's everything else including his decision making.
None of that is making the team worse though. He may not be achieving to his potential but he sure is providing 2.5million$ worth of benefits. Everyone is frustrated because we know he can be great.

We have bigger problems than that.

shortshorts is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:20 AM
  #52
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Keep underestimating other teams please. A montreal team 28th placed team today outplayed yes they outplayed us, doesn't matter how we played today, they were better and they beat us in blowout manner. We weren't exactly playing completely terrible. We had 2 1/2 lines trying really hard and they were playing their best and 1 1/2 lines playing casual. If we gone full force I still don't expect us to beat them terribly. Montreal weren't really trying that hard either. That team is def a playoff caliber team as good as Chicago was last year....

Also they carried Boston to 7 games and came much closer to us at beating them than we did...

In the playoffs Boston had to face a Tampa Bay team that had its second line suddenly coming on fire and their goaltender playing real well. How is it easier than us facing a San Jose Team that was banged up after a 7 game series against Detroit...

Sigh really liking the biased views right now.
Chicago isn unquestionably a better team than Montreal. To say they're not is just lunacy.

Nashville and Philly are comparable, but Nashville is a harder team to play against. Philly plays a more wide open, trading chances style. Nashville will grind you down to a pulp. It's the ONLY way they can win. They're a much "tougher" opponent.

Tampa Bay and San Jose are similar. Teams that can score, don't play very good defense, and have inconsistent goaltending.

CCF23 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:21 AM
  #53
AvantiCanada*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Keep underestimating other teams please. A montreal team 28th placed team today outplayed yes they outplayed us, doesn't matter how we played today, they were better and they beat us in blowout manner. We weren't exactly playing completely terrible. We had 2 1/2 lines trying really hard and they were playing their best and 1 1/2 lines playing casual. If we gone full force I still don't expect us to beat them terribly. Montreal weren't really trying that hard either. That team is def a playoff caliber team as good as Chicago was last year....

Also they carried Boston to 7 games and came much closer to us at beating them than we did...

Obviously you must agree Philadelphia>Nashville last year...

In the ECF Boston had to face a Tampa Bay team that had its second line suddenly coming on fire and their goaltender playing real well. How is it easier than us facing a San Jose Team that was banged up after a 7 game series against Detroit...

Sigh really liking the biased views right now.
ROFL Tampa Bay + Montreals Goal Differential didn't even equal Nashvilles, let alone San Jose's +35.

Maybe it was the fearsome goaltending of Rolosson and Boucher that makes you think Boston had the tougher route?

AvantiCanada* is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:22 AM
  #54
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Keep underestimating other teams please. A montreal team 28th placed team today outplayed yes they outplayed us, doesn't matter how we played today, they were better and they beat us in blowout manner. We weren't exactly playing completely terrible. We had 2 1/2 lines trying really hard and they were playing their best and 1 1/2 lines playing casual. If we gone full force I still don't expect us to beat them terribly. Montreal weren't really trying that hard either. That team is def a playoff caliber team as good as Chicago was last year....
So you go from saying that we were terrible today to saying that there was no way we could have beaten Montreal to somehow favor your analysis of who had the tougher road to the Finals last year? No they are not as good as Chicago, because if they were, they would be in a playoff spot.

Quote:
Also they carried Boston to 7 games and came much closer to us at beating them than we did...
I believe it was Montreal that was up 2-0 before Boston decided to get their heads out of their *****.

Nashville was a tougher opponent, no question in my mind. SJ is comparable to Tampa Bay, that's it.

That's my opinion.

aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:22 AM
  #55
flack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
Chicago isn unquestionably a better team than Montreal. To say they're not is just lunacy.

Nashville and Philly are comparable, but Nashville is a harder team to play against. Philly plays a more wide open, trading chances style. Nashville will grind you down to a pulp. It's the ONLY way they can win. They're a much "tougher" opponent.

Tampa Bay and San Jose are similar. Teams that can score, don't play very good defense, and have inconsistent goaltending.
I didn't say their worse than Montreal I wrote an equal sign. They were just as tough a first round opponent as Montreal was. However I think Nashville/San Jose were easier opponents than Philly/Tampa last year.

And what is hard to understand is how badly the east gets underestimated compared to the west...Philadelphia/Boston/Tampa/Pit/Montreal last year was just as good as any contending team in the west.


Last edited by flack: 03-11-2012 at 01:30 AM.
flack is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:23 AM
  #56
biturbo19
Registered User
 
biturbo19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
I say this as someone who has tickets to a game later this month...

Who gives a damn about the fans these last 12 games of the season? If the team feels like taking its foot off the gas for a stretch to have everyone fresh for the playoffs instead of gassed is going to help them win a cup, I will sit in Rogers Arena through a 4-2 loss against the Kings later this month with a smile on my face.

This team has played a ridiculous amount of hockey over the past calendar year and a half, and they have aspirations of another long playoff run. It's not out of the question to suggest they're not really wanting to put in an all out effort against Montreal, Buffalo, etc. Why in the blue hell does it make sense to play these games with the urgency of a playoff game? We're already locked into a top 2 seed.

The team knows the grind they're about to face. They went through it last year. If they don't want to work themselves into the ground against non-playoff Eastern Conference teams in the lead up to the playoffs, I really don't see anything wrong with it.

Like I said, all you need to do is look at the "big" games this team has had to know they'll be fine. St. Louis, Detroit, Boston, etc...The "big" games are the ones where the team shows up and normally puts its best efforts in.
I have to sort of agree with this, for a couple reasons.

1.The truly committed fans are going to be aware of the situation as you are, and understand that there are going to be some half-assed games here and there down the stretch. If you're only interested when the team is winning...you might just be a bandwaggoner.

2.From what i could tell, it seemed as though an (un)healthy portion of the fans quit on the game just as the team did. Bailing on the whole thing to get on with their 'more important things'. If you can't sit through the remainder of a game you paid a good chunk of change for seats to see, it's hard to expect the players to give 110% in that same event. The 'more important' things the Twins mentioned (playoffs), are IMO an awful lot more important than 'beating the traffic' or 'hittin up the clubz' a bit earlier.

3.It's not as though Roger's Arena has provided a consistently 'Elite' crowd either. There are the good games with lots of enthusiasm and energy...but there have been more than a handful that come across as dead and pathetic. There have been more than a couple games where it seems you could hear a pin drop. Take the Habs home games for an example...they were probably laughing here. For a hockey mad market, it's really not impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinka Dene View Post
Sorry, I was at the game, and there was nothing but a collective "grooooaaaan" when Raymond did his stupid little ineffective spin-o-rama into the cornerboards.
Haha. Don't get me wrong, i was well aware it was entirely futile and going absolutely nowhere fast. Like i said, i actually burst out laughing hysterically when he tried it. But the point is...he tried it. He didn't just pack it in because the score was 'out of reach' or whatever. He went out there, busted his butt, skated miles, and tried every single ridiculous thing he could pull out of his limited bag of tricks. THAT is something i can respect, even if it was absolutely hilarious.

biturbo19 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:27 AM
  #57
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,371
vCash: 500
I for one am not concerned about the Sedins at the moment, they have been amongst the most consistent scorers in the league over the past 3 years or so, they'll come around. Our defense is the biggest concern to me, Edler is a gong show right now defensively, Salo is out of sorts as Edler's partner. Bieksa is still a time bomb defensively and shows little to no "snarl" in his game and I've even seen him get physically manhandled by smaller players. If he didn't have Hamhuis to cover for him he'd be an angrier MA Bergeron. Other than Hamhuis we've got a pretty sketchy group of guys right now. Not saying they can't play better, but its scary relying on those 3 to carry big minutes if thats how they are going to play.

Canucker is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:29 AM
  #58
flack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
So you go from saying that we were terrible today to saying that there was no way we could have beaten Montreal to somehow favor your analysis of who had the tougher road to the Finals last year? No they are not as good as Chicago, because if they were, they would be in a playoff spot.
I said last year they were...not this year.

Quote:
I believe it was Montreal that was up 2-0 before Boston decided to get their heads out of their *****.
We were up 2-0 in the SCF as well.

Quote:
Nashville was a tougher opponent, no question in my mind. SJ is comparable to Tampa Bay, that's it.

That's my opinion.
like I said before, I think your underestimating the teams from the east, that is my opinion.

flack is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:29 AM
  #59
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
Wow, brutal giveaway by Edler on the first goal. Didn't see that.

aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:32 AM
  #60
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
We were up 2-0 in the SCF as well.
Yeah, though I think the circumstances are different. You're going to be giving yourself a kick in the ass if you are down 2-0 to an inferior team in the first round.

Quote:
like I said before, I think your underestimating the teams from the east, that is my opinion.
Seeing as two of the three teams they faced won't even make the playoffs this year, it gives me that biased opinion.

aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:32 AM
  #61
Bobby Lou
We Surrender
 
Bobby Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Crease
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,337
vCash: 500
Wow we suck...and it's not even our support guys, who are playing alright. Our top-line guys at forward and on defense were terrible. Not to mention goal.

Bobby Lou is online now  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:41 AM
  #62
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
I said last year they were...not this year.


We were up 2-0 in the SCF as well.


like I said before, I think your underestimating the teams from the east, that is my opinion.
How is it possible to "underestimate" Philly's awful, AWFUL goaltending last year?

Our power play would have eviscerated them like it did San Jose.

CCF23 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:44 AM
  #63
nibbles
Registered User
 
nibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: WAL MART
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nibbles
We cant trade Shneidsies.. we just caaaant

nibbles is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:47 AM
  #64
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibbles View Post
We cant trade Shneidsies.. we just caaaant
Depends on what happens in this playoffs. That's kind of the reason why we didn't trade him at the deadline...

If we end up using Schneider for more than a game or two where Luongo gets yanked over the course of the playoffs, he's not going to be going anywhere.

CCF23 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:48 AM
  #65
Edonator
The Mightiest Club
 
Edonator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vancouver
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 3,824
vCash: 500
I'm actually happy that we're losing. No better way for the players to get a wake-up call than losing 2 games in a week to a pair of draft lottery teams.

This team didn't know what adversity was last season until it reached the SCF's. They didn't handle that too well. With a top 2 finish practically cemented, and 13 games left, there isn't a better time to hit a period of complacency. Was the teams ego hurt in these past 2 weeks? Injuries? Anything? Not really. We've, or might I say AV, has learned that Booth/Kesler/Higgins needs to be a constant. The top line will be the top line. The bottom 6 will probably be tinkered with a little bit more.

This team was hell bent on proving something the entire season. Game 1 to game 107. This year, they don't give a ****.

Some of you guys are trivial farts. Like the great Ice T once said, go eat a hot bowl of ****s. Stop bringing the sensible peoples moods down and reaffirming everybody else's thoughts on HF that our "fan base" is mental.

This team hasn't played a meaningful game in forever. It's showing.

Edonator is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:49 AM
  #66
Eesh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
One thing I've noticed this year...

Biggest thing I've noticed with the Canucks this year is if the Sedins and Luongo both don't show up and play well in the same game or our goose is cooked. Its almost as it the writing is on the wall.

Eesh is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:50 AM
  #67
AvantiCanada*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
Depends on what happens in this playoffs. That's kind of the reason why we didn't trade him at the deadline...

If we end up using Schneider for more than a game or two where Luongo gets yanked over the course of the playoffs, he's not going to be going anywhere.
I think Schneider has been outstanding as a Canuck in just about every way imaginable. It'd be tough for him to commit to this team again if Gillis weren't clear he would be able to challenge for the number 1 spot.

IMO its going to be a tough decision either way. At some point Schneider has to think of whats best for his career, and at this point, getting away from Luongo's shadow may be the best thing for him.

AvantiCanada* is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:51 AM
  #68
flack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by great_one98 View Post
This team didn't know what adversity was last season until it reached the SCF's.
What about two blowout series losses to Chicago two years in a row prior to last year?

Guess that is not considered experience.

flack is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:51 AM
  #69
John Bender
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
So if your best players don't play their best, the results might be bad? Hardly a revelation, but I still don't agree with you. The second line can carry this team.

Does this really need a whole new thread?

John Bender is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:52 AM
  #70
flack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,366
vCash: 500
...Not if the opponent's second line is just as good. You seem to think we are the team with the best second line in the league. The second line couldn't even carry this team to win against a 28th ranked team in the league today.

flack is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:55 AM
  #71
ProstheticConscience
Kunst
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,643
vCash: 883
Okay, I'm officially pissed off.

Jesus Christ what a ****ing gong show that was. I'm so sick of seeing this team just fold when a bad goal goes in on Luongo. A smaller team in last place in their conference pushed us around in our own rink. There's just no ****ing excuse for that and I'm sick of our so-called leaders (aside from Kesler) not doing a ****ing thing during the game. Holy ****. Sedins? Where are you? The team has zero mental toughness when they get down. No desire to fight back, just none. You watch these games and it's just a blueprint for the entire league in how to beat the Canucks. And ****ING EVERYONE ELSE always takes note. When was the last time you watched a Canucks game and thought that the Canucks were the better team? When was the last time it was the other guys falling apart? Toronto? Edmonton? Literally every other ******* team is actually really trying these days and the Canucks are just sleepwalking. ****ing hell it's frustrating to watch. They barely beat the Jets, now they get smoked by Montreal? Really? This is what these guys have? Jesus Christ, demote Kassian to the farm team so he doesn't get infected and turn into a complete gutless ***** from being around these guys.

Ugh.

Not a happy camper after this one.

ProstheticConscience is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:58 AM
  #72
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
Enjoy your presidents trophy St Louis. Canucks decided to choke early this year.
Yeah, that's the trophy the Blues/Canucks are really gonna savor.

aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:58 AM
  #73
Eesh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGiant View Post
So if your best players don't play their best, the results might be bad? Hardly a revelation, but I still don't agree with you. The second line can carry this team.

Does this really need a whole new thread?
I'm being serious. I think its a major point. If the Sedins and Lu don't show in the same game I can just about garantee we won't win the given game. I think its a major issue, when 3 players affect the entire outcome of a game.

Eesh is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:59 AM
  #74
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,960
vCash: 500
Our troubles start and end with the 1st line. They're not producing and they're not playing responsible hockey. It puts the rest of the team in a position where they have to try and play outside of their regular roles, especially the 3rd and 4th line. This in turn leads to defensive breakdowns and easy goals against.

Until the Sedins and Burrows decide to show up and play, this team will keep losing or barely squeaking out wins here and there.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 01:59 AM
  #75
flack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Okay, I'm officially pissed off.

Jesus Christ what a ****ing gong show that was. I'm so sick of seeing this team just fold when a bad goal goes in on Luongo. A smaller team in last place in their conference pushed us around in our own rink. There's just no ****ing excuse for that and I'm sick of our so-called leaders (aside from Kesler) not doing a ****ing thing during the game. Holy ****. Sedins? Where are you? The team has zero mental toughness when they get down. No desire to fight back, just none. You watch these games and it's just a blueprint for the entire league in how to beat the Canucks. And ****ING EVERYONE ELSE always takes note. When was the last time you watched a Canucks game and thought that the Canucks were the better team? When was the last time it was the other guys falling apart? Toronto? Edmonton? Literally every other ******* team is actually really trying these days and the Canucks are just sleepwalking. ****ing hell it's frustrating to watch. They barely beat the Jets, now they get smoked by Montreal? Really? This is what these guys have? Jesus Christ, demote Kassian to the farm team so he doesn't get infected and turn into a complete gutless ***** from being around these guys.

Ugh.

Not a happy camper after this one.
Been saying this many many times...this team can't play with a deficit...the mistakes they make is just mind boggling. Last years series vs Chicago and Boston...how in the world can you give them that many turn overs and chances? Your only down 2-0,... they treat as if they are in an infinite hole that you cannot climb back. It is ****ing pathetic really. I don't really get why that is the case, but I guess our only way of fixing it is to not get down by 2 or more goals against any team in the playoffs, and if we do go down by 2, immediately pull Luongo.

flack is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.