HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pandolfo up for Masterton Memorial Trophy

Old
03-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

vCash: 500
Pandolfo up for Masterton Memorial Trophy

As per their Official Facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/NEWYORKISLANDERS

I assume this is a joke nomination, because well... comeon.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:50 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
lol thought the same thing, this is embarrasing

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:51 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Well, he is a penalty killer excellent.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:53 PM
VT Isles Fan

Doesn't matter, Pacioretty has this year's award in the bag.
Comes back from a severe injury to score 30, he'd get my vote.

VT Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Isles Junkie

no Islander not named Tavares, Martin, Hamonic or Nabokov deserve any recognition of their play this year.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Noreaster96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
no Islander not named Tavares, Martin, Hamonic or Nabokov deserve any recognition of their play this year.
I know you dont like Moulson, but I think him and parenteau should get some... I liked the way Ullstrom has played for the most part as well

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Islanderfan17

I don't really understand it either, but Pandolfo is probably the only free agent signing I didn't mind along with Staois. He's been a soldier and doesn't necessarily slack out there, pretty good on the PK too.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post
I know you dont like Moulson, but I think him and parenteau should get some... I liked the way Ullstrom has played for the most part as well
Well you're right about Parenteau. I don't know why I left him off my list. He's played really well.

As for Moulson. Yeah, I hate his game. People compare him to Parrish, and I don't get it. For one, Parrish took a beating infront of the Net. Because of the way the games are called now, MM doesn't get beat up infront of the net. If MM played when Parrish did, I imagine that MM wouldn't stand infront of the net & get battered. I say that because of how much MM avoids contact. Even at the expense of not making the play, he'll avoid contact. Ugh, I'm so down on him. He makes me so mad.

But also, Parrish wasn't a complete & total waste defensively or carrying the puck through the neutral zone. I mean he wasn't good at it, but at least he was an option to at the very least get to the red line & dump it in. As soon as MM gets the puck in the neutral zone it's either a turnover, or he's quickly passing to someone else (even if they're in traffic) The guy is just such a lousy overall player. I question if he helps or hurts his line.

Last edited by Isles Junkie: 03-17-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 05:25 PM
cjdv16

The only award this guy should be up for is the one at the end of the year the Isles give him as they wish him well heading into retirement.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Well you're right about Parenteau. I don't know why I left him off my list. He's played really well.

As for Moulson. Yeah, I hate his game. People compare him to Parrish, and I don't get it. For one, Parrish took a beating infront of the Net. Because of the way the games are called now, MM doesn't get beat up infront of the net. If MM played when Parrish did, I imagine that MM wouldn't stand infront of the net & get battered. I say that because of how much MM avoids contact. Even at the expense of not making the play, he'll avoid contact. Ugh, I'm so down on him. He makes me so mad.

But also, Parrish wasn't a complete & total waste defensively or carrying the puck through the neutral zone. I mean he wasn't good at it, but at least he was an option to at the very least get to the red line & dump it in. As soon as MM gets the puck in the neutral zone it's either a turnover, or he's quickly passing to someone else (even if they're in traffic) The guy is just such a lousy overall player. I question if he helps or hurts his line.
All of this is fair, albeit way way over the top, but you also have to take into account Moulson's strengths. The guy has an uncanny knack at reading Tavares' mind and being in position for almost all of his passes, and then converting them at an extremely high rate. Its not like you can just put another player there and they would have 91 goals over the past 3 seasons, since no other winger on that line (since 09 there has been Okposo, Weight, Comeau, Bailey, Grabner and Parentau) has ever scored at the rate anywhere near what Moulson has. Moulson gets into position and converts like few others can. Whether he "takes as much of a beating" as Parrish or not, he converts at a higher rate than Parrish ever did sans one season, and both Moulson and Parrish were given the job of scoring from the front of the net. Matt is obviously a flawed player, but he has obvious chemistry with the most important player on his team, and has attributes, which you ignored, that are some of the rarest, and most valuable in the sport, consistently scoring goals over and over again.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
All of this is fair, albeit way way over the top, but you also have to take into account Moulson's strengths. The guy has an uncanny knack at reading Tavares' mind and being in position for almost all of his passes, and then converting them at an extremely high rate. Its not like you can just put another player there and they would have 91 goals over the past 3 seasons, since no other winger on that line (since 09 there has been Okposo, Weight, Comeau, Bailey, Grabner and Parentau) has ever scored at the rate anywhere near what Moulson has. Moulson gets into position and converts like few others can. Whether he "takes as much of a beating" as Parrish or not, he converts at a higher rate than Parrish ever did sans one season, and both Moulson and Parrish were given the job of scoring from the front of the net. Matt is obviously a flawed player, but he has obvious chemistry with the most important player on his team, and has attributes, which you ignored, that are some of the rarest, and most valuable in the sport, consistently scoring goals over and over again.
I agree, I don't really understand why people bash Moulson. He is one of the few players on this team that seems to care night in and night out, and he is also one of the few players that actually does his job.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:07 AM
Hipster Doofus

Only Islander fans could complain about Moulson.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:13 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
All of this is fair, albeit way way over the top,
Pretty much.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote