HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Pavel Rosa

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2004, 03:59 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

vCash: 500
Pavel Rosa

Is leading the RSL in scoring

And it's not exactly like the RSL is a run and gun league. The play a style very similar to the NA game

What in the world have we done wrong with this kid? He's scored at every level he has played in, but yet he never seems to hang for more than a few games with the Kings.

I just don't get it. Someone want to explain this to me?

Last edited by Legionnaire: 11-12-2004 at 04:05 AM.
Old
11-12-2004, 04:22 AM
Homunculous

when he first met with the Kings coaching staff he only tipped them a lousy $5, since then he has been on their shat list.

Old
11-12-2004, 06:31 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
What in the world have we done wrong with this kid? Someone want to explain this to me?
He might not be soft or injury-prone enough for the Kings.

Old
11-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Is leading the RSL in scoring

And it's not exactly like the RSL is a run and gun league. The play a style very similar to the NA game

What in the world have we done wrong with this kid? He's scored at every level he has played in, but yet he never seems to hang for more than a few games with the Kings.

I just don't get it. Someone want to explain this to me?
They felt that John Tripp had more of an upside, plus AM wanted to de-emphasize scoring hence the whole Carter phenomenon. Good thing we got rid of him too, because who needs a sound scoring winger that shows up every night. I guess he needed to prove something .

Old
11-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I am almost starting to wonder if Rosa is in a situation like Jerry Porter was in with The Oakland Raiders when Gruden was the coach. Gruden didn't like him, I don't know if it was attitude related or what, but as soon as Gruden left and Porter got a chance, he blossomed.

Rosa only played in 2 games for the Kings last year and 2 the year before. I know Barney stood up for him when he was sent down last saying that he didn't get a fair shake and he should have been up longer.

I don't know if DT and AM hate the guy or if they know some things we don't.

Old
11-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Might I remind most of you that before Andy Murray, Larry Robinson pretty much went through the same process with Pavel Rosa. Impressive first game... after that he didn't do much.
Pavel Rosa kinda reminds me of Vitali Yachmenev... he had some flashes on offense, but for the most part at the pro level, he was a floater.

Old
11-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Game Misconduct

I don't think he was ever given a fair shot with the Kings. One would think we could have traded him to a team like Montreal and at least gotten something for him.

Old
11-12-2004, 02:15 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

i hate tripp. so bitter about him because he was the guy we kept and ended up losing norton and sim on the same freaking day! awful...

Old
11-12-2004, 02:18 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
I don't think he was ever given a fair shot with the Kings. One would think we could have traded him to a team like Montreal and at least gotten something for him.
and because he did not get traded makes you think that everyone in hockey knows something we don't

fyi, i hear that rosa was supposed to be included in the palffy trade years ago (instead of jokinen)...

11-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Hmmm I thought it was Scott Barney.

Old
11-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I've heard both

Old
11-12-2004, 05:05 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Hmmm I thought it was Scott Barney.
i hear rosa until that blowhard bettman changed it to jokinen...

Old
11-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
i hear Barney until that blowhard bettman changed it to jokinen...
:lol

Old
11-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
:lol
TIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAH!

Old
11-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Might I remind most of you that before Andy Murray, Larry Robinson pretty much went through the same process with Pavel Rosa. Impressive first game... after that he didn't do much.
Pavel Rosa kinda reminds me of Vitali Yachmenev... he had some flashes on offense, but for the most part at the pro level, he was a floater.
I agree with you about when Robinson was in charge. He was a floater, and didn't play a lick of D. However, the Pavel Rosa I saw, during his brief call-ups looked different. Even during training camp his first year back, he looked different.

I also remember reading a couple of interviews with Rosa where he stated that he had learned from that experiences(LRob, FEL) and the he had made a greater commitment to becoming a more complete player.

I'm starting to think the KJ may be right. Perhaps there was something else that he did to fall in the bad graces of the organization.

Old
11-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
TIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAH!

JOHNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Old
12-17-2004, 02:38 PM
kings1993

Pavel Rosa

Has anyone looked at Rosa's stats. This guy is on a really good team and he is the point leader. Other NHLers started late but Ovechkin didn't. I thought I would share this.

Old
12-17-2004, 02:47 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings1993
Has anyone looked at Rosa's stats. This guy is on a really good team and he is the point leader. Other NHLers started late but Ovechkin didn't. I thought I would share this.
I believe Rosa leads the league in scoring as well...

link: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...&league=Russia

Old
12-17-2004, 02:48 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I can tell you guys something I heard about, that also made the papers.

Last year Pavel Rosa was called up for 2 games and had the 2 points. When he was sent down, Barney was still on the Kings and actually raised quite a stink that Rosa wasn't given more of a chance to prove himself.

I will see if I can find the article.

Old
12-17-2004, 02:54 PM
kings1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
I believe Rosa leads the league in scoring as well...

link: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...&league=Russia
Hey that's awesome man. I heard Lecavlier complaining that the league was a little rougher than he thought and that they weren't giving him space. If it's changing like that through out the league it should be very challenging for most players and to see that Rosa is on the top. Or maybe its just around Vincent like that.

Old
12-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:

Last year Pavel Rosa was called up for 2 games and had the 2 points. When he was sent down, Barney was still on the Kings and actually raised quite a stink that Rosa wasn't given more of a chance to prove himself.

It's true, he should've spent some more time on the Kings....

Old
12-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Mxpunk

I always thought Rosa had a great scoring touch, but his skating was not really up to NHL caliber. Only a lucky few with those traits make it (i.e. Robitaille, Holmstrom, Sheppard, etc.). Other guys who are great scorers in other leagues but terrible skaters: Brad Smyth, David Oliver, etc.

Old
12-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Venom_17

Well if Rosa did get shafted by LA, here's hoping that he succeeds somewhere else in the show.

Old
12-18-2004, 04:05 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:

Jim Fox had brought this up the week that they sent Rosa back down to Manchester. The coaching staff also let Barney know to worry about himself. But I agree 100% with Barney. The propaganda we're forced to inhale is a joke. And, most of us ride that wave. Same story has gone for Cammy. Who all of sudden seems to struggle after 10-15 games. It's called confidence and you don't get it when the day you don't score you're sent to the fourth line. Rosa has improved his game dramatically, only to get the shaft by a robotic system and coach. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but certain players have been treated piss poor.
Here's to Rosa turning out to be another Robert Lang. Never say never. A small club should take a gamble on this guy and see what he does for 50-60 games!

Old
12-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Jim Fox had brought this up the week that they sent Rosa back down to Manchester. The coaching staff also let Barney know to worry about himself. But I agree 100% with Barney. The propaganda we're forced to inhale is a joke. And, most of us ride that wave. Same story has gone for Cammy. Who all of sudden seems to struggle after 10-15 games. It's called confidence and you don't get it when the day you don't score you're sent to the fourth line. Rosa has improved his game dramatically, only to get the shaft by a robotic system and coach. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but certain players have been treated piss poor.
Here's to Rosa turning out to be another Robert Lang. Never say never. A small club should take a gamble on this guy and see what he does for 50-60 games!
We still own his rights as far as I know, so if a team wants to take a chance on him, they'll have to trade to get him.....

Closed Thread