HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Info 2011-2012 Season, Part V

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2012, 11:09 AM
  #351
Tuna99
Registered User
 
Tuna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Zibanejad lacks one key element that Silf seems to have an abundance of.

Hockey sense.
They used to say the same thing about Spezza when he was 18, Zibby will prove you wrong.

Tuna99 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 11:11 AM
  #352
JFG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
Lehner interview by hockeysverige.se

http://translate.google.com/translat...an-spela-i-nhl

JFG is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
  #353
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW
 
Pietraneglo222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gatineau
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlapjackSilver View Post
Clearly the lessons learned from David Runblad go forgotten
I don't know if you can call that a lesson. He's flopped harder than you could expect anyone of his pedigree to flop. It's pretty rare that you see a player rated top 5 or top 15 at least in prospects coming in to be so ineffective.

I know you're all blazé of Swedish prospects because Rundblad didn't tear up the league his first year in N.A. but Rundblad and Silfverberg aren't really comparable. David plays a tremendously risky game and is pretty young for a defenseman trying to make it in the NHL. Jakob is a forward and he's not trying to reinvent the wheel.

I think Silfverberg will do better than Magnus Paajarvi. Mostly because he spent that extra year to be ready and the fact that he's coming into a much better organization.

Pietraneglo222 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 11:37 AM
  #354
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Zibanejad lacks one key element that Silf seems to have an abundance of.

Hockey sense.
Can't really conclude this.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 11:47 AM
  #355
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,568
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Zibanejad lacks one key element that Silf seems to have an abundance of.

Hockey sense.
It's not a consensus that Zbad lacks hockey sense. Could he? For sure. I know I've questioned it when I've watched him play but at least he seems to be a smarter player then a MPS.

WasTeD is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 12:41 PM
  #356
Cujomi
YNWA
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
It's not a consensus that Zbad lacks hockey sense. Could he? For sure. I know I've questioned it when I've watched him play but at least he seems to be a smarter player then a MPS.
I don't know that he "lacks" hockey sense, but he definitely doesn't have it on the level of Silfverberg. He also seems to have endurance or motivational issues. Sometimes he looks like a world beater and hits everything that moves, makes smart plays and is very aggressive. Other times he's floating near the blue-line just looking to play defence and just takes shots as soon as he enters the o-zone.

In no way do I think that Zibanejad will be a bad player for us, but I think right now he lacks the consistency to be compared to Silfverberg. Even with consistency it's hard to argue because of their differing skillsets. I think that Silfverberg will be the more valuable player to us, but Zibanejad will definitely be good.

Cujomi is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 12:49 PM
  #357
H2O
Registered User
 
H2O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,713
vCash: 500
Sorry, why are we comparing Zbad to a guy almost 3 years older?

H2O is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 12:50 PM
  #358
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,438
vCash: 500
Silfverberg has 3 years of development on MZ. I don't really think it's worth comparing the two when MZ has that big of a disadvantage. One thing that can be said is that MZ is definitely the better prospect of the two at that age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Sorry, why are we comparing Zbad to a guy almost 3 years older?
Booo

Iamok is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 12:51 PM
  #359
H2O
Registered User
 
H2O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,713
vCash: 500
Doesn't Zibanejad also have a more productive season this year than Silfverberg at the same age?

H2O is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 12:54 PM
  #360
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
I don't know that he "lacks" hockey sense, but he definitely doesn't have it on the level of Silfverberg. He also seems to have endurance or motivational issues. Sometimes he looks like a world beater and hits everything that moves, makes smart plays and is very aggressive. Other times he's floating near the blue-line just looking to play defence and just takes shots as soon as he enters the o-zone.

In no way do I think that Zibanejad will be a bad player for us, but I think right now he lacks the consistency to be compared to Silfverberg. Even with consistency it's hard to argue because of their differing skillsets. I think that Silfverberg will be the more valuable player to us, but Zibanejad will definitely be good.
Still can't conclude this.

You're holding an 18 year old to standards that you never held Silfverberg too.

And to be clear I don't have much of an opinion...but for those that do, it's a little premature given the amount of viewing you've had for either.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 01:10 PM
  #361
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 11,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Still can't conclude this.

You're holding an 18 year old to standards that you never held Silfverberg too.

And to be clear I don't have much of an opinion...but for those that do, it's a little premature given the amount of viewing you've had for either.
It's all about stats for some, it doesn't matter that there is an age discrepancy, it doesn't matter if one plays on a better team or with better teammates or in a completely different role. What have you done for me lately mentality.

aragorn is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 01:11 PM
  #362
Tuna99
Registered User
 
Tuna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,298
vCash: 500
Why because one of our prospects had a god season in Sweden does that make us beat up on another prospect?

Spezza is better then Silferberg, therefore Silferberg won't be very good. This is the reasoning the we are using here, completely stupid.

Maclean thinks Zbad is an "NHL Player" at 18 years old. Macleans words, not mine. Anybody want to have this argument with Maclean?

Tuna99 is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 01:17 PM
  #363
Manny*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,200
vCash: 500
I wonder if people thought Silfverberg would become a prospect of this caliber one year after we drafted him.

That's rhetorical, of course. Players take time to develop, even high-end prospects like Zibanejad. Mika had a better showing at the World Juniors, a better post-draft season in the Elite League and has shown more at the NHL level than Silfverberg ever has.

I love Silfverberg as a prospect. If Zibanejad follows a similar path in his development, we'll have two elite wingers in our system.

Manny* is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 01:29 PM
  #364
Glory
Registered User
 
Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
http://www.qualitystreaming.net/hockey/

Think they will stream Z's game today. Feed starts in like 5 minutes, 30 minutes left to the game start.

Ops, I was wrong. They are showing some NHL **** before, starts 6:55 PM swedish time


Last edited by Glory: 03-22-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Glory is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 01:30 PM
  #365
Manny*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
http://www.qualitystreaming.net/hockey/

Think they will stream Z's game today. Feed starts in like 5 minutes, 30 minutes left to the game start.
Thanks, hunny.

Manny* is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 01:36 PM
  #366
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Zibanejad lacks one key element that Silf seems to have an abundance of.

Hockey sense.
at the same age Silfverberg looks like a 3rd liner too....

HSF is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 01:58 PM
  #367
Manny*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,200
vCash: 500
Is anybody else's feed all messed up?

Manny* is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 02:05 PM
  #368
Lenny the Lynx
Registered User
 
Lenny the Lynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
I don't know if you can call that a lesson. He's flopped harder than you could expect anyone of his pedigree to flop. It's pretty rare that you see a player rated top 5 or top 15 at least in prospects coming in to be so ineffective.

I know you're all blazé of Swedish prospects because Rundblad didn't tear up the league his first year in N.A. but Rundblad and Silfverberg aren't really comparable. David plays a tremendously risky game and is pretty young for a defenseman trying to make it in the NHL. Jakob is a forward and he's not trying to reinvent the wheel.

I think Silfverberg will do better than Magnus Paajarvi. Mostly because he spent that extra year to be ready and the fact that he's coming into a much better organization.
I agree but I'm also a little bit more conservative about my expectations.

Obviously there are a lot of differences between Silf and Rundblad - playing style, position, even their age. But as much as I'm getting excited seeing how Silfverberg is tearing up the SEL, it feels a hell of a lot like it felt last year getting excited about Rundblad.

I'm not saying I'm expecting him to come over next year and flop, but I think people shouldn't underestimate the adjustment needed to go from SEL to NHL and be productive. Lots of players have made that adjustment easily, but lots haven't.

It could easily go either way next year, he could come over and tear it up, or he might struggle and need time in the AHL (or the 4th line) - either way people can't really predict and hopefully won't be freaking out if he does need time to get settled.

Lenny the Lynx is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 02:06 PM
  #369
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,723
vCash: 500
Who is DIF playing? ANy noteworthy prospects on that side?

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 02:10 PM
  #370
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,723
vCash: 500
ZIbby just got destroyed from behind, then got up and raced back to beat out an icing call. Did someone just say he has endurance and motivational issues?

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 02:13 PM
  #371
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,723
vCash: 500
Zibby was just chirping and started a scrum after whistle.

EDIT: that was a very physical shift. He laid 2-3 nice hits.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 02:13 PM
  #372
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
ZIbby just got destroyed from behind, then got up and raced back to beat out an icing call. Did someone just say he has endurance and motivational issues?
People started saying he has bad fitness because he was often the first off of shifts.

If you're young and the last off for shift, you're an arrogant *****.

People are just desperate to show how critical they can be. And some people think being critical = impartial.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 02:19 PM
  #373
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,723
vCash: 500
Did I just see a bunch of young girls in the penalty box? wtf? Sweden is awesome.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 02:36 PM
  #374
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons
 
Ghost in the Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 9,185
vCash: 500
This must be torture for Djurgarden fans.

Ghost in the Shell is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 02:40 PM
  #375
Glory
Registered User
 
Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
This must be torture for Djurgarden fans.
You have no idea... Even though last game and this game so far have been better then like 55 of the last 58 1/3 games.. That say something..

Glory is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.