HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Info 2011-2012 Season, Part V

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Tuna99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Zibanejad lacks one key element that Silf seems to have an abundance of.

Hockey sense.
They used to say the same thing about Spezza when he was 18, Zibby will prove you wrong.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:11 AM
JFG

Lehner interview by hockeysverige.se

http://translate.google.com/translat...an-spela-i-nhl

Old
03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlapjackSilver View Post
Clearly the lessons learned from David Runblad go forgotten
I don't know if you can call that a lesson. He's flopped harder than you could expect anyone of his pedigree to flop. It's pretty rare that you see a player rated top 5 or top 15 at least in prospects coming in to be so ineffective.

I know you're all blazé of Swedish prospects because Rundblad didn't tear up the league his first year in N.A. but Rundblad and Silfverberg aren't really comparable. David plays a tremendously risky game and is pretty young for a defenseman trying to make it in the NHL. Jakob is a forward and he's not trying to reinvent the wheel.

I think Silfverberg will do better than Magnus Paajarvi. Mostly because he spent that extra year to be ready and the fact that he's coming into a much better organization.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

Hockey sense.
Can't really conclude this.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:47 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:

Hockey sense.
It's not a consensus that Zbad lacks hockey sense. Could he? For sure. I know I've questioned it when I've watched him play but at least he seems to be a smarter player then a MPS.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
It's not a consensus that Zbad lacks hockey sense. Could he? For sure. I know I've questioned it when I've watched him play but at least he seems to be a smarter player then a MPS.
I don't know that he "lacks" hockey sense, but he definitely doesn't have it on the level of Silfverberg. He also seems to have endurance or motivational issues. Sometimes he looks like a world beater and hits everything that moves, makes smart plays and is very aggressive. Other times he's floating near the blue-line just looking to play defence and just takes shots as soon as he enters the o-zone.

In no way do I think that Zibanejad will be a bad player for us, but I think right now he lacks the consistency to be compared to Silfverberg. Even with consistency it's hard to argue because of their differing skillsets. I think that Silfverberg will be the more valuable player to us, but Zibanejad will definitely be good.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:49 PM
H2O

Sorry, why are we comparing Zbad to a guy almost 3 years older?

Old
03-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Silfverberg has 3 years of development on MZ. I don't really think it's worth comparing the two when MZ has that big of a disadvantage. One thing that can be said is that MZ is definitely the better prospect of the two at that age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Sorry, why are we comparing Zbad to a guy almost 3 years older?
Booo

Old
03-22-2012, 12:51 PM
H2O

Doesn't Zibanejad also have a more productive season this year than Silfverberg at the same age?

Old
03-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
I don't know that he "lacks" hockey sense, but he definitely doesn't have it on the level of Silfverberg. He also seems to have endurance or motivational issues. Sometimes he looks like a world beater and hits everything that moves, makes smart plays and is very aggressive. Other times he's floating near the blue-line just looking to play defence and just takes shots as soon as he enters the o-zone.

In no way do I think that Zibanejad will be a bad player for us, but I think right now he lacks the consistency to be compared to Silfverberg. Even with consistency it's hard to argue because of their differing skillsets. I think that Silfverberg will be the more valuable player to us, but Zibanejad will definitely be good.
Still can't conclude this.

You're holding an 18 year old to standards that you never held Silfverberg too.

And to be clear I don't have much of an opinion...but for those that do, it's a little premature given the amount of viewing you've had for either.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:10 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Still can't conclude this.

You're holding an 18 year old to standards that you never held Silfverberg too.

And to be clear I don't have much of an opinion...but for those that do, it's a little premature given the amount of viewing you've had for either.
It's all about stats for some, it doesn't matter that there is an age discrepancy, it doesn't matter if one plays on a better team or with better teammates or in a completely different role. What have you done for me lately mentality.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Tuna99

Why because one of our prospects had a god season in Sweden does that make us beat up on another prospect?

Spezza is better then Silferberg, therefore Silferberg won't be very good. This is the reasoning the we are using here, completely stupid.

Maclean thinks Zbad is an "NHL Player" at 18 years old. Macleans words, not mine. Anybody want to have this argument with Maclean?

Old
03-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Manny*

I wonder if people thought Silfverberg would become a prospect of this caliber one year after we drafted him.

That's rhetorical, of course. Players take time to develop, even high-end prospects like Zibanejad. Mika had a better showing at the World Juniors, a better post-draft season in the Elite League and has shown more at the NHL level than Silfverberg ever has.

I love Silfverberg as a prospect. If Zibanejad follows a similar path in his development, we'll have two elite wingers in our system.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Glory

http://www.qualitystreaming.net/hockey/

Think they will stream Z's game today. Feed starts in like 5 minutes, 30 minutes left to the game start.

Ops, I was wrong. They are showing some NHL **** before, starts 6:55 PM swedish time

Last edited by Glory: 03-22-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old
03-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Manny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
http://www.qualitystreaming.net/hockey/

Think they will stream Z's game today. Feed starts in like 5 minutes, 30 minutes left to the game start.
Thanks, hunny.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:36 PM
HSF

Quote:

Hockey sense.
at the same age Silfverberg looks like a 3rd liner too....

Old
03-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Manny*

Is anybody else's feed all messed up?

Old
03-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
I don't know if you can call that a lesson. He's flopped harder than you could expect anyone of his pedigree to flop. It's pretty rare that you see a player rated top 5 or top 15 at least in prospects coming in to be so ineffective.

I know you're all blazé of Swedish prospects because Rundblad didn't tear up the league his first year in N.A. but Rundblad and Silfverberg aren't really comparable. David plays a tremendously risky game and is pretty young for a defenseman trying to make it in the NHL. Jakob is a forward and he's not trying to reinvent the wheel.

I think Silfverberg will do better than Magnus Paajarvi. Mostly because he spent that extra year to be ready and the fact that he's coming into a much better organization.
I agree but I'm also a little bit more conservative about my expectations.

Obviously there are a lot of differences between Silf and Rundblad - playing style, position, even their age. But as much as I'm getting excited seeing how Silfverberg is tearing up the SEL, it feels a hell of a lot like it felt last year getting excited about Rundblad.

I'm not saying I'm expecting him to come over next year and flop, but I think people shouldn't underestimate the adjustment needed to go from SEL to NHL and be productive. Lots of players have made that adjustment easily, but lots haven't.

It could easily go either way next year, he could come over and tear it up, or he might struggle and need time in the AHL (or the 4th line) - either way people can't really predict and hopefully won't be freaking out if he does need time to get settled.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:06 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Who is DIF playing? ANy noteworthy prospects on that side?

Old
03-22-2012, 02:10 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

ZIbby just got destroyed from behind, then got up and raced back to beat out an icing call. Did someone just say he has endurance and motivational issues?

Old
03-22-2012, 02:13 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Zibby was just chirping and started a scrum after whistle.

EDIT: that was a very physical shift. He laid 2-3 nice hits.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
ZIbby just got destroyed from behind, then got up and raced back to beat out an icing call. Did someone just say he has endurance and motivational issues?
People started saying he has bad fitness because he was often the first off of shifts.

If you're young and the last off for shift, you're an arrogant *****.

People are just desperate to show how critical they can be. And some people think being critical = impartial.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:19 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Did I just see a bunch of young girls in the penalty box? wtf? Sweden is awesome.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

This must be torture for Djurgarden fans.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
This must be torture for Djurgarden fans.
You have no idea... Even though last game and this game so far have been better then like 55 of the last 58 1/3 games.. That say something..

Closed Thread