HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Info 2011-2012 Season, Part V

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Nizzy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
He has never played a game before, I highly doubt he would be an asset in this years playoffs.
i never said he would play just think his game and assets are wants needed vs hank lol

Old
04-11-2012, 05:39 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
i never said he would play just think his game and assets are wants needed vs hank lol
I agree but in 2 or 3 years time. Prospects are prospects.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Why is it that you think Stone is so far away from being an NHL player? As Tim Murray stated in his interview with Team 1200, he believes that Siflverberg is the most NHL ready and he also mentioned Zibanejad and Stone as the next NHL ready prospects.

Old
04-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Thanks, I figured that was the rule. I wonder if he is added to the black aces squad.
He was benched for poor play in his first AHL game and used sparingly in his second. No chance.

Old
04-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Nizzy

Quote:
2 or 3 years is a bit too long ...i think Stone will get his chance when it comes he might have too spend a year in bingo all depends on his play

Old
04-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
He was benched for poor play in his first AHL game and used sparingly in his second. No chance.
I didn't get to see him play those games. Thanks for a quick recap.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:13 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Why is it that you think Stone is so far away from being an NHL player? As Tim Murray stated in his interview with Team 1200, he believes that Siflverberg is the most NHL ready and he also mentioned Zibanejad and Stone as the next NHL ready prospects.
I consider the jump from the WHL to the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs to be pretty significant. I'd rather have half a dozen of our other forward prosepcts actually playing professional hockey in the line up at this current time. Stone needs time to learn the beat and pulse of this level... and some time to work on his skating. Being part of the black aces squad will be good experience but I highly doubt he's even being considered for playoff action. He's just considered one of our blue chip prospects at this time. Again, prospects are prospects.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:21 PM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
2 or 3 years is a bit too long ...i think Stone will get his chance when it comes he might have too spend a year in bingo all depends on his play
Will he play in the NHL by then? Absolutely. Will he contribute? Not nearly as likely.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:45 PM
mianjo

vCash: 140
Is Stone on his way to Bingo? He's not playing tonight for Brandon, they are down 3-0 in their series with Edmonton and losing 4-0 after the first period.

Pageau 1a.

Noesen still out for Plymouth, probably their series will be all even 2-2 after tonight's game

Old
04-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
I consider the jump from the WHL to the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs to be pretty significant. I'd rather have half a dozen of our other forward prosepcts actually playing professional hockey in the line up at this current time. Stone needs time to learn the beat and pulse of this level... and some time to work on his skating. Being part of the black aces squad will be good experience but I highly doubt he's even being considered for playoff action. He's just considered one of our blue chip prospects at this time. Again, prospects are prospects.
In the event that we need to play one of our prospects in the playoffs, what is your ranking in terms of which prospects should be provided the opportunity to play?

While I agree that the jump from the WHL to the Stanley Cup playoffs is substantial, if Tim Murray is mentioning Stone in the same group as Zibanejad and Silfverberg in terms of prospects who are most NHL ready, then the Sens brass must think highly of him and be considering giving him an opportunity to play if need be.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mianjo View Post
Is Stone on his way to Bingo? He's not playing tonight for Brandon, they are down 3-0 in their series with Edmonton and losing 4-0 after the first period.

Pageau 1a.

Noesen still out for Plymouth, probably their series will be all even 2-2 after tonight's game
One of the posters on here mentioned after their last game that Stone injured his hand and sat out a good chunk of that game.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:53 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Bringggggg emm all over!

Stone-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Pageau-Spezza-Noesen

That's a top 6! **** waiting for the future!

This is our time ma sizzles. Don't shizzle the fizzle when Alfie can swizzle his way to the cup, sensizzle.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:53 PM
King City Warrior

Quote:

Pageau 1a.

Quote:
One of the posters on here mentioned after their last game that Stone injured his hand and sat out a good chunk of that game.
He's out, and I imagine his season is probably over unless brandon comes back from down 4-0 in their current game and down 3-0 in the series, not counting tonight. His season is probably over by the end of tonight.

The senators medical staff will need to get a good look at his body and most pressing his wrists and hands, he has some old injuries in that area, he will probably travel straight to ottawa after his season is over, the same as Zibanejad has done.

He probably won't play for binghamton, the senators will want to treat his injuries unless they are comfortable with it. Perhaps we will see him later but we have a lot of pro players awaiting their chance.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:57 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

I seriously can't believe many of you are thinking of giving a guy like Stone a chance(Even though he has played dominant, dominant hockey) Ahead of Hoffman. He is playing amazing hockey in his second year as a 2 way player on a horrific Bingo team as well as not looking out of place in his first NHL game.

With all this being said, we already have a Stone type player on the bubble for a line-up spot; KLINKHAMMER.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Grigo25*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I seriously can't believe many of you are thinking of giving a guy like Stone a chance(Even though he has played dominant, dominant hockey) Ahead of Hoffman. He is playing amazing hockey in his second year as a 2 way player on a horrific Bingo team as well as not looking out of place in his first NHL game.

With all this being said, we already have a Stone type player on the bubble for a line-up spot; KLINKHAMMER.
Klinkhammer has stone hands and won't be in the lineup.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post

I agree with you, but please never speak of Klinkhammer and Stone in the same sentence again

Old
04-11-2012, 08:20 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
In the event that we need to play one of our prospects in the playoffs, what is your ranking in terms of which prospects should be provided the opportunity to play?

While I agree that the jump from the WHL to the Stanley Cup playoffs is substantial, if Tim Murray is mentioning Stone in the same group as Zibanejad and Silfverberg in terms of prospects who are most NHL ready, then the Sens brass must think highly of him and be considering giving him an opportunity to play if need be.
Silfverberg
Hoffman

Zibanejad
Petersson/Da Costa (depending on positional need)

The rest.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:23 PM
sens2k9

Quote:

Pageau 1a.

Stone has an injury, but if they lose I wouldnt be surprised to see him play 1 game in bingo

Old
04-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Silfverberg
Hoffman

Zibanejad
Petersson/Da Costa (depending on positional need)

The rest.
Stone would make more of an impact than Petersson. Petersson shouldn't even be considered a viable option for the playoffs, he is way to small at this point.

In regards to who get to play, that will entirely be based off of performance in practice. Based on what Tim Murray said, it sounds like Silfverberg, Zibanejad and Stone are their first three options though.

Hoffman does sound like a good option. He deserved more games this year, he looked good in his NHL call up. He is fast, fairly physical and has good offensive instincts and playmaking ability.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:15 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Stone would make more of an impact than Petersson. Petersson shouldn't even be considered a viable option for the playoffs, he is way to small at this point.

In regards to who get to play, that will entirely be based off of performance in practice. Based on what Tim Murray said, it sounds like Silfverberg, Zibanejad and Stone are their first three options though.
No, he's not. If you want to work that angle, then anyone can just say Stone is too slow to be considered an option for the playoffs where the speed and intensity is higher.

Petersson's size was a non issue in the AHL which is generally a more physical league than the NHL. When you have the skating and hands of a guy like AP, its not difficult to overcome. Petersson has way more experience and more to offer than an injured Mark Stone. Lets not forget that Petersson was an actual call up this year. He's in line to play if need be.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
No, he's not. If you want to work that angle, then anyone can just say Stone is too slow to be considered an option for the playoffs where the speed and intensity is higher.

Petersson's size was a non issue in the AHL which is generally a more physical league than the NHL. When you have the skating and hands of a guy like AP, its not difficult to overcome. Petersson has way more experience and more to offer than an injured Mark Stone. Lets not forget that Petersson was an actual call up this year. He's in line to play if need be.
That's more of a bias towards Petersson than anything else. It was pretty clear in his only call up this season that Petersson isn't physically strong enough to play in the NHL at this point.

Stone is the superior prospect and will end of being a superior NHL player. While Petersson is the much faster prospect, Stone is more offensively talented and versatile. Stone can play the role of sniper, play maker or power forward he also has the size and the grit to be effective in the playoffs.

I know that a lot of posters on here love small players and feel that they are the most deserving of an opportunity, but it is pretty clear that the Sens brass feel that Stone is one of the most NHL ready prospect, moreso than Petersson.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:07 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I don't think that Stone will get any playoff action, he's too green still & is hurt, Ottawa already has lots of depth. Zibanejad could but I doubt it too, I would hate to see him make a mistake that cost us a game or the series. I think Ottawa goes with the guys they have used all year, they have 15 forwards afterall & I think they will get into games before any of the prospects. I would like to see Hoffman get a shot, if anyone.

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Turris - Alfredsson
Z. Smith - O'Brien - Neil
Daugavins - Winchester - Condra

extras - Klinkhammer/Butler/Konopka

Kuba - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Carkner/Gilroy

Anderson - Bishop/Auld

Black Aces in order of who might play - Silfverberg, Hoffman, Boroweicki, Zibanejad, Lehner, Da Costa, Petersson, Wiercioch, Gryba

Old
04-11-2012, 10:20 PM
mianjo

vCash: 140
Stone's Brandon lost 6-0 and were swept 4 - 0, so Stone's season is done in Brandon.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:21 PM
v-man

It's ridiculous to even think that Stone would see any playoff action. Even if he wasn't hurt (and wasn't coming off a lopsided series loss in which he was a non factor), there's a huge jump from playing with boys in junior hockey to seasoned men in the NHL playoffs. Had Bingo been in the AHL race, no doubt he'd be given a shot there, but there are too many guys with pro experience in the system that are outright ahead of him on the depth chart. With the amount of forwards already sitting in the press box, even some of the top Bingo guys won't be up for the playoffs.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:17 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I agree with everything aragorn thought/said/typed.

Closed Thread