HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL XXVII

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2012, 11:53 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post

even Sharks announcers were shocked it was a major...well how many games for Glencross. he has been suspended before...
This is the new NHL. Demers is such a pansy. No integrity anymore. None.

I can understand embelishing getting hooked or tripped...but feigning injury (Parenteau....Demers) is the lowest thing a guy can do in a sport that is supposed to be the toughest in the world.

Kris Draper in 1996 got up quicker than Demers.

Old
03-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
The top 4 teams in the Eastern Conference point wise are all in the Atlantic. Wonder the last time this late in the season that one division had the four top teams in the conference.
The 2 strongest divisions this year are the Atlantic (Rangers, Pens, Flyers, Devils, Isles) and Central (Hawks, Wings, Blues, Preds, BJ's) which each 1 team being awfully poor.

It was like this 3 months ago already, but now the CEN div. has lost a little ground.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:11 PM
UlfNilsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
the other being Tim Thomas has come back down to earth. I hate to use the word Luck when someone played as well as he did...but he certainly got a lot of bounces go his way when he was on his extreme streak.
I think his issues with USA Prime Credit are distracting him.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
The 2 strongest divisions this year are the Atlantic (Rangers, Pens, Flyers, Devils, Isles) and Central (Hawks, Wings, Blues, Preds, BJ's) which each 1 team being awfully poor.

It was like this 3 months ago already, but now the CEN div. has lost a little ground.
ok, but this late in the season? Even if you have the 4 best teams in the conference in one division by virtue of the schedule and the fact that they beat each other up all year, it must be rare that with less than 15 games left the top four point getters are in one division. It makes me think that if the Isles were in any other division in the East they would be a playoff team.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
the other being Tim Thomas has come back down to earth. I hate to use the word Luck when someone played as well as he did...but he certainly got a lot of bounces go his way when he was on his extreme streak.

I always thought Rask was the better goalie regardless, and now they really don't have either...

to me, i wonder how much Tim Thomas skipping out on the White House has to do with the problems the B's are having.

He's given up 3 or more goals in 11 of his 18 games since then...11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to wonder what him not being there does to the psyche of a team that won the Stanley Cup?

I thought he was a jackass for doing what he did, and really, he may have derailed an entire season by an incredibly selfish move.

Good, screw him.
Please.. the bruins didn't say "let's play like **** in front of tim thomas cuz he's a jackass!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlfNilsson View Post
I think his issues with USA Prime Credit are distracting him.
I heard he's been having to wear a dirty jock strap because his card got declined at the sports authority. So that's distracting him

Old
03-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
This is the new NHL. Demers is such a pansy. No integrity anymore. None.

I can understand embelishing getting hooked or tripped...but feigning injury (Parenteau....Demers) is the lowest thing a guy can do in a sport that is supposed to be the toughest in the world.

Kris Draper in 1996 got up quicker than Demers.
It didn't even look like Demers got hit very forcefully.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
the crosby thread is closed, so i figure put this in here...

everyone (media mainly) is talking about what a threat the penguins will be now with crosby back and in the playoffs, shouldn't this talk wait until he has played at least more games than last time? I mean, one concussion is one thing, 2 i feel they are going to continue happening. And when he resumed contact practices he said it was a few days since he last had any symptoms...a few days????? so it has only been maybe 2 weeks since he last had symptoms, that seems kind of early to come back from a concussion especially a 2nd concusion in 1 year.

I am just holding my breath that no ranger gives him a 3rd because I feel the NHL will explore disciplinary actions since the reffing this year has been very fishy. I really dont have much faith in the penguins training staff, i think they have done an awful job this past year with crosby.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

are they even sure he's had concussions? dont some ppl think it was just a pinched nerve?

Old
03-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
are they even sure he's had concussions? dont some ppl think it was just a pinched nerve?
i think hear something about his neck being tight and they did a procedure (all after his 2nd concussion), which he said helped in his recovery, but that he was still having concussion symptoms

Old
03-14-2012, 05:41 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
the crosby thread is closed, so i figure put this in here...

everyone (media mainly) is talking about what a threat the penguins will be now with crosby back and in the playoffs, shouldn't this talk wait until he has played at least more games than last time? I mean, one concussion is one thing, 2 i feel they are going to continue happening. And when he resumed contact practices he said it was a few days since he last had any symptoms...a few days????? so it has only been maybe 2 weeks since he last had symptoms, that seems kind of early to come back from a concussion especially a 2nd concusion in 1 year.

I am just holding my breath that no ranger gives him a 3rd because I feel the NHL will explore disciplinary actions since the reffing this year has been very fishy. I really dont have much faith in the penguins training staff, i think they have done an awful job this past year with crosby.
I think you're missing the point that without Crosby the Pens are the most dangerous team in the league right now. I mean 9 wins in a row is pretty strong. To add arguably the league's best player to that lineup could mean big trouble for everyone else. Time will tell...but it's scary to think how much better they could be.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Damn, Gabriel Landeskog has perfect English. No accent at all.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I think you're missing the point that without Crosby the Pens are the most dangerous team in the league right now. I mean 9 wins in a row is pretty strong. To add arguably the league's best player to that lineup could mean big trouble for everyone else. Time will tell...but it's scary to think how much better they could be.
They are a very good team...However, they are 6 points behind us, with 1 game in hand, and have 8...count em...8 fewer ROW wins than us.

They've benefited from the shootout as much as anyone else. Only 1 team in the entire NHL has the same or more SOW than the Penguins...the Devils...who have 1 more SOW.

you take out their 9 gimmicky extra pts from shootouts, and take out our 3 points from shootouts and we have a 12 pt lead on them.

So for as good as they are right now...let's not pretend that this Rangers team are some garbage team or something...take away a skills competition and we've buried them in our dust.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Justin Schultz if not signed by the Ducks he will be an UFA. anyone thinks Sather tries to sign him??? anyone think he will be the Zuccarello of the season this summer he was a teammate of Stepan and McDonagh

Old
03-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Justin Schultz if not signed by the Ducks he will be an UFA. anyone thinks Sather tries to sign him??? anyone think he will be the Zuccarello of the season this summer he was a teammate of Stepan and McDonagh
I was thinking the same thing. I think he'll sign with the Ducks though. Erixon was the first case of anything happening like that in a LONG time. But hey, ya never know.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:24 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
In an interview to KHL-TV #Caps prospect Evgeni Kuznetsov said he is staying in the #KHL next year.
https://twitter.com/#!/dchesnokov/st...70524695740416

Old
03-14-2012, 06:30 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

We discussed Schultz in the Kreider thread a few weeks ago. He needs to leave school after the spring semester is over to become a free agent. Blake Wheeler did the same thing in 2008. The Rangers were bidders for Wheeler. One of the finalists too. Blake Kessel and Jason Gregiore left school last June to become free agents.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

VERY interesting regarding Schultz:

Quote:
It was assumed by most that Schultz would sign with the Ducks immediately at the outset of the Wisconsin season, and jump straight to the NHL.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, sources close to Schultz told me that we shouldn't expect that to happen any time soon.
Quote:
At this point it seems clear that Schultz is likely to choose free agency over the summer. If Schultz was going to accept the Ducks offer, he likely would have done it by now.

The person I spoke with in Schultz's camp wouldn't flat out admit that Schultz will pass on the Ducks offer to become a free agent this summer, but they made it clear that he is in no hurry to sign a contract.
http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012...-senior-season

Old
03-14-2012, 06:37 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
They are a very good team...However, they are 6 points behind us, with 1 game in hand, and have 8...count em...8 fewer ROW wins than us.

They've benefited from the shootout as much as anyone else. Only 1 team in the entire NHL has the same or more SOW than the Penguins...the Devils...who have 1 more SOW.

you take out their 9 gimmicky extra pts from shootouts, and take out our 3 points from shootouts and we have a 12 pt lead on them.

So for as good as they are right now...let's not pretend that this Rangers team are some garbage team or something...take away a skills competition and we've buried them in our dust.
Why do people deduct ALL the points earned from SO wins when making comparisons to teams who have fared better in ROW? Are you really suggesting that they would have gone 0-9 had the games gone on?

Regardless, no, the Rangers are not a garbage team. But I think without Crosby the Pens would be a hell of a tough match-up, particularly considering how well they are playing right now. Add Crosby to the mix and I'm fairly certain we're underdogs in Vegas.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Old
03-14-2012, 06:51 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Great start for the Sabres. Varlamov playing well.

RANGERS =
Old
03-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Landeskog is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:57 PM
darko

Quote:

They'd be silly not to try.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

MTL goes up 1-0 and just seconds later Ottawa ties it with a beautiful passing play.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
They'd be silly not to try.
Sather has a small advantage, money and a good team and also Stepan and McDonagh

Old
03-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Terrible turnover by 88 on Colorado.

Closed Thread