HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calgary Flames @ Minnesota Wild, 4:00PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2012, 09:49 AM
  #151
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Stewie Hockey™
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Mines
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 0
I'd demote Moss to the 3rd line, and run with Glencross-Jokinen-Cammalleri / Kostopoulos -Nemisz - Moss

I have a feeling Squid will be out for a while though.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:59 AM
  #152
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I'd demote Moss to the 3rd line, and run with Glencross-Jokinen-Cammalleri / Kostopoulos -Nemisz - Moss

I have a feeling Squid will be out for a while though.
Yeah that's what I thought. Hopefully Cammy can play RW, can't remember him doing that at any point this year.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:08 AM
  #153
Devilspuppet666
Registered User
 
Devilspuppet666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
They'll re-tool if anything. They've got a good young group set but I really don't know what direction they'll go if they don't make the playoffs; maybe trade one of the Joes or Marleau.
Idk the only player i would want from there is couture

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:11 AM
  #154
Devilspuppet666
Registered User
 
Devilspuppet666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Wow...Glencross, Tanguay, and Iggy. Unreal. I could probably count on one hand how many bad games Jokinen has had this year. He's been our most consistent player and Glencross' SP is tops in the league!

What do you do with the top six when Cammy comes back. Because at this point I wouldn't move Stajan. His time in TO and CGY have proven that to get any use out of him he needs to play with skilled players. But Cammy needs a setup man as well. It'll be interesting to see what Sutter does when bodies start coming back.
stajan played good in his first 27 games here i thought but then they just gave up on him completely, and gave him 4th line minutes.

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
  #155
Unlimited Chequing
Sweatpants: 9-5-0
 
Unlimited Chequing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Anyone think Kipper's looking a little tired?
You'd look tired too if you played 60 minutes every night while everyone else only put in 20 every few nights.

Unlimited Chequing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
  #156
FLAMESFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
What's really sweet is that we have a 25 goal scorer in Glencross now. Maybe a 30 goal scorer?
I remember him saying that 30 was his goal this year, and I was thinking to myself - Settle down Glenny, focus on getting 20!

Awesome contract for 3 more years to boot.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:26 PM
  #157
FLAMESFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Anyone think Kipper's looking a little tired? He's given up a few el cheapos the last couple games. Congrats to Sven on NHL career goal #1.

Big 2 points!
He's about to get alot more work over the next 2-3 weeks. At least he gets a bit of a break that last week.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:43 PM
  #158
OrrwastheBeatles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Anyone think Kipper's looking a little tired? He's given up a few el cheapos the last couple games. Congrats to Sven on NHL career goal #1.

Big 2 points!
Minny is 30th in the NHL in goals scored and had been shut out in 3 of their prior 6 games.

And Sutter STILL wouldn't go to the backup.

The Flames would have won that game with me in net. In fact, Minny showed absolutely no life whatsoever until Kipper let in that softy.

Huge coaching mistake to not get Karlsson in there. Kipper has been looking tired and this issue will bite us in the arse before the season is over.

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:45 PM
  #159
OrrwastheBeatles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
As for Cammalleri, why break up the top two lines? They are working.

Cammalleri - Backlund - Stempniak

damn good 3rd line

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:49 PM
  #160
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrwastheBeatles View Post
As for Cammalleri, why break up the top two lines? They are working.

Cammalleri - Backlund - Stempniak

damn good 3rd line
You're assuming they are all going to come back at the same time. If Cammy comes back I wouldn't want to put him on our current 3rd line, he'd be useless.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:04 PM
  #161
flameaholic
#neverquit
 
flameaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrwastheBeatles View Post
Minny is 30th in the NHL in goals scored and had been shut out in 3 of their prior 6 games.

And Sutter STILL wouldn't go to the backup.

The Flames would have won that game with me in net. In fact, Minny showed absolutely no life whatsoever until Kipper let in that softy.

Huge coaching mistake to not get Karlsson in there. Kipper has been looking tired and this issue will bite us in the arse before the season is over.
At this time of year goaltending will determine whether we make it or not. Hopefully he can manage to stay sharp.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:28 PM
  #162
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Stewie Hockey™
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Mines
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
You're assuming they are all going to come back at the same time. If Cammy comes back I wouldn't want to put him on our current 3rd line, he'd be useless.
Baertschi - Cammalleri - Nemisz looks okay to me.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:40 PM
  #163
OrrwastheBeatles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
You're assuming they are all going to come back at the same time. If Cammy comes back I wouldn't want to put him on our current 3rd line, he'd be useless.
Stempniak skated with full equipment today, so he will be the first one back.

Backlund and Cammalleri are still uncertain, but both will be back eventually.

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:41 PM
  #164
OrrwastheBeatles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
At this time of year goaltending will determine whether we make it or not. Hopefully he can manage to stay sharp.
Playoffs too, which is why he has to have some nights off.

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:44 PM
  #165
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Baertschi - Cammalleri - Nemisz looks okay to me.
I was assuming whoever comes back first, Baertschi will be gone. That line would be fine with me.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:48 PM
  #166
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrwastheBeatles View Post
Stempniak skated with full equipment today, so he will be the first one back.

Backlund and Cammalleri are still uncertain, but both will be back eventually.
Yeah when everyone is back I would do something like this:

Tangauy-Stajan-Iginla
Glencross-Jokinen-Moss
Cammy-Backlund-Stempniak
Comeau-Jones-Jackman

My problem is what happens in the transition period with all these bodies coming back. The team is playing great right now, and I wouldn't want to mess with that. Hopefully all of this goes smoothly.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:53 PM
  #167
OrrwastheBeatles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Yeah when everyone is back I would do something like this:

Tangauy-Stajan-Iginla
Glencross-Jokinen-Moss
Cammy-Backlund-Stempniak
Comeau-Jones-Jackman

My problem is what happens in the transition period with all these bodies coming back. The team is playing great right now, and I wouldn't want to mess with that. Hopefully all of this goes smoothly.
I agree. That is exactly what I would do with the lines, but I cannot imagine Sutter sitting TKo, so maybe replace Comeau with him.

I would take those lines to the playoffs happily - so long as Stajan keeps playing like he has been recently.

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 05:42 PM
  #168
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,195
vCash: 50
Tangauy-Stajan-Iginla
Glencross-Jokinen-Cammy
Moss-Backlund-Stempniak
Comeau-Jones-Jackman

I would prefer Cammy in top six his shot is to good to not have him there and moss is much more suited for a shut down role than Cammy.

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 05:48 PM
  #169
OrrwastheBeatles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Tangauy-Stajan-Iginla
Glencross-Jokinen-Cammy
Moss-Backlund-Stempniak
Comeau-Jones-Jackman

I would prefer Cammy in top six his shot is to good to not have him there and moss is much more suited for a shut down role than Cammy.
But that's exactly why Moss is awesome on Joker's line - they typically play against the opposing top line.

And it leaves Cammy playing against 3rd liners, where he and Stempniak should be able to dominate.

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 06:03 PM
  #170
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,195
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrwastheBeatles View Post
But that's exactly why Moss is awesome on Joker's line - they typically play against the opposing top line.

And it leaves Cammy playing against 3rd liners, where he and Stempniak should be able to dominate.
Glencross and Jokinen are enough to play with Cammy to shut down other teams top lines but having Cammy on that line allows for fast breaks and would force the other teams to make the hard choice between Iggy's line and Olli's line as to who to try and shut down I like it alot better.

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:48 PM
  #171
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Moss vs Cammy is a matter of chemistry in the end. Only concern is having Cammy on the 3rd line and just being invisible because there's no skill to work with. Not that TKO was exactly the magic hands of the line a while back.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
  #172
flameaholic
#neverquit
 
flameaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrwastheBeatles View Post
Playoffs too, which is why he has to have some nights off.
I agree, but right now I'm concerned about making the playoffs first. There will be enough nights off between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:30 AM
  #173
Backlund
Registered User
 
Backlund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,824
vCash: 1263
I'd love to see:

Tanguay - Stajan - Iginla
Glencross - Jokinen - Moss
Baertschi - Backlund - Cammalleri
Kostopolous - Jones - Jackman


But I probably never will...

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.