HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Question about sticks going on sale.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:37 AM
johnny1976

vCash: 500
Question about sticks going on sale.

Just wondering if anybody could tell me when stores start marking down their sticks? I'm in need of a new stick and I thought stores started marking down sticks in early summer. My friend thought it was late summer early fall when stores do this to make room for the new sticks comming out for next year.

Anybody know for sure?

Thanks in advance.

johnny1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:26 PM
AIREAYE

It honestly depends on the store, however you'll see patterns of mark downs preceding new equipment launches and after as well. Online retailers can afford to mark them down sooner while brick and mortar stores often have to wait and see. It also depends on if the old sticks NEED to be marked down to sell. If they are selling just fine, then it won't make sense financially to sell them for less.

Best bet is to call ahead/visit and see for yourself. Doesn't hurt to ask either.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Fanned On It

At my Proshop we generally mark down a stick either once it's discontinued or once a newer version of it comes out. Like recently, we marked down the S19s because the RS came out in the beginning of the season. Also we carry Prostock sticks that are way cheaper than the retail ones, so you could look around for those. They really are a great steal if you can find the right flex. I was using a TPS with the Avery pattern (which I cut off and replaced because I hated it lol) but apparently he uses like a 77 flex! That thing was whippy as hell. Loved it, but I broke it in half on a clapper. Oh well.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote