HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 70|Predators @ Coyotes|7PM|3-12-12

Old
03-12-2012, 11:57 PM
PhxYotes85

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Up next, the defending stanley cup losers! Can't wait for all the main page posts about how boring our hockey is. I got my bazooka loaded and ready! RIOT!!!!!
Lets just say a little birdie told me Yotes will kill the Canucks 5-1. Yeah, I said it.

PhxYotes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Vancouver is struggling as of late but I bet they are glad their back-up will be the likely starter in this one. Do we dare start LOL vs Vancouver? That will sure be a riot!

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:22 AM
awfulwaffle

Will the sedin's go pointless again against the Coyotes? That will be riot, and an even bigger riot if it's LOL stonewalling them.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:58 AM
monster_bertuzzi

7:30 for Brule 8:00 mins for Boedker huh? Ouch, no love for the top 5 picks.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Ok, it was great that the boys could come back from 2 goals down to a team that was 25-2-1 when leading after 2, but this is what I want to see over the next 12 games.

1 - I don't want to see Pyatt on the ice period. Just terrible and offers nothing, no grit, no scoring, no speed to get in on the forecheck, i.e. worthless

2 - I don't want to see Whitney on the point on the PP ever again...for pete's sake put him down on the block where he can be the wizard, sometimes Tipp kills me with the PP formations

3 - I don't ever want to see Boedker/Langkow out for the 4 on 4, ever again, should always be Vrbata and Whitney or Doan & Torres or Korpi

4 - Get Vermette away from Whitney & Vrbata. Vermette should be with Korpi & Boedker

5 - You have to change the shootout guys, Vrby has gone cold and you can tell has lost all confidence, and Whitney and Boedker everyone has seen what they are going to do, bring back Aucoin and put him with Doan (I like his new move) and let Whitney stay or Brule

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:04 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Gave up the first goal, made too many mistakes, and faced an UNBELIEVABLE goaltender.

03-13-2012, 02:11 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Ok, it was great that the boys could come back from 2 goals down to a team that was 25-2-1 when leading after 2, but this is what I want to see over the next 12 games.

1 - I don't want to see Pyatt on the ice period. Just terrible and offers nothing, no grit, no scoring, no speed to get in on the forecheck, i.e. worthless

2 - I don't want to see Whitney on the point on the PP ever again...for pete's sake put him down on the block where he can be the wizard, sometimes Tipp kills me with the PP formations

3 - I don't ever want to see Boedker/Langkow out for the 4 on 4, ever again, should always be Vrbata and Whitney or Doan & Torres or Korpi

4 - Get Vermette away from Whitney & Vrbata. Vermette should be with Korpi & Boedker

5 - You have to change the shootout guys, Vrby has gone cold and you can tell has lost all confidence, and Whitney and Boedker everyone has seen what they are going to do, bring back Aucoin and put him with Doan (I like his new move) and let Whitney stay or Brule
Torres should be out on all the important shifts. I love that guy.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:58 AM
hittes petr sykora
WOLOLO

we suck now so you guys will win 3-1

hittes petr sykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:36 AM
MIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Pyatt was singled out by Tip for having a great game two nights ago. Something about great board work.

MIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Kaizen

I just don't get all the Pyatt hate. He's got good size and uses it (although not enough) as he's third on the team in hits.

I accept he leaves a little to be desired based on the the physical tools he has but having a player with good size and skill is not a problem. And if it is, its what we call a high quality problem.

The only issue that might hold some water is the $$ he's paid. Is he overpaid based on his production? Maybe a little. But having a physical vet who brings size and occasional skill to your lower lines is just boiler plate Don Maloney hockey.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:41 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

He's just such a stiff. Reminds me of the mummy from those old black and white films.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:39 AM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Gave up the first goal, made too many mistakes, and faced an UNBELIEVABLE goaltender.
Pekka Rinne is precisely why I'd hate to play Nashville in the first round. If he's got any help at all, he could dominate an offense... and I'd call Weber and Suter some pretty decent "help." I was surprised the Coyotes got three on him; the fourth felt like a minor miracle.

Even the play-by-play guys started harping on the first-goal nonsense.

It sounds like Hanzal and Chipchura could play on the upcoming road trip. Not a moment too soon.

MP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Scottrocks58*
Six

From my seat it looked like Yandle was out of position all game long. I know he scored on that nice goal but his defense stunk on ice. (pardon the pun). He needs a mental health day.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:47 AM
tuxonpups

The Torres-Langkow-Doan line was pretty effective. Just put it hard on net and then crash and create havoc. All three of them are at their best when finesse doesn't enter into the equation.
Boedker-Pouliot-Brule have a nice speed cycling thing working for them that's creating chances for the points as defenders start to chase the play.
Whitney-Vermette-Vrbata is a huge down grade. Since Antoine arrived, other players have adopted his drop pass entering the zone as well, not my favorite play. We need Hanzal back.
I don't mind Pyatt-Gordon-Korpikoski, they've had some good games together in the past and can perform a shutdown role. I'd rather see Pyatt sit when Hanzal gets back then Pouliot, but I assume it'll be the latter unless Vermette can slide over to LW.

tuxonpups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:48 AM
kihekah19

Coyotes continue to give up too many chances. This needs correction... should we get into the playoffs (with luck) without said correction, our time there will be brief.

Having said that, one must still admire the boys resolve and the push to the end that got them the tie, while respecting what Rhinne accomplished in the s/o.... not that Smith performed poorly.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
From my seat it looked like Yandle was out of position all game long. I know he scored on that nice goal but his defense stunk on ice. (pardon the pun). He needs a mental health day.
I saw that too. Reminds me of myself when I play NHL 12 online as a D. I always wanna get in there and score, but sacrifice my d abilities in the process.

doaner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:10 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
Pyatt was singled out by Tip for having a great game two nights ago. Something about great board work.
He was good against the Sharks, no doubt. He came out of the gate with a sense of urgency and had an extra gear the entire game. Against Nashville he was back to his invisible floaty ways. The team is better off with Chipchura or Brule in the lineup.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Yes, Brule and Chips are better options, Brule draws penalties and Chips hits everything that moves and plays like Torres without the skill.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Kaizen

If we re-up Brule he's going to be on the books for his full contract as opposed to the half Phoenix is currently paying.

What's the right money for Brule?

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:22 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

On the way home from the game last night, we had to take a detour due to an accident on Olive and the 303. It's now been reported that two 16-year old boys on their way to the game were killed when their car was hit by a semi.

It's a sad day in Surprise, their families are in my thoughts.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:05 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
If we re-up Brule he's going to be on the books for his full contract as opposed to the half Phoenix is currently paying.

He's RFA, right? Let him hit the market and negotiate a fresh deal with him. It's not like there will be a bidding war.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
7:30 for Brule 8:00 mins for Boedker huh? Ouch, no love for the top 5 picks.
top 5 picks?

Boedker was 8th and I think Brule was 6th..

I was surprised by that but I guess Tippett would be very cautious against a team like Nashville that have more street smarts than most teams.

Gwyddbwyll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:41 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post

Brule is going to be anxious for a one way deal so there is a point of leverage. That being said he's coming off a injury right now and needs to show something soon. He's losing money every game he puts up a goose egg. He'll likely end up around a $1.5 million one way deal for 2 years or so.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

brule doesnt have a lot of leverage. he has played well. i think he fits in and want to keep him. i think he has only played in about twenty games though. unless we make the playoffs and he plays huge i don't think he's got much of an argument for a big pay raise. (that didnt stop turris though)

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 05:00 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
brule doesnt have a lot of leverage. he has played well. i think he fits in and want to keep him. i think he has only played in about twenty games though. unless we make the playoffs and he plays huge i don't think he's got much of an argument for a big pay raise. (that didnt stop turris though)
current salary is $1.85 million which means he's going to have to take a paycut. The question is how much at this point.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote