HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012 Kvalserien | Rögle promoted; Timrå defends SEL berth

View Poll Results: Who will play in Elitserien in 12-13? (Pick two teams)
Djurgårdens IF 20 86.96%
Timrå IK 9 39.13%
Örebro HK 4 17.39%
Leksands IF 8 34.78%
BIK Karlskoga 1 4.35%
Rögle BK 3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-19-2012, 04:50 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Just invite all the teams that want to play in the SEL and scrap Allsvenskan.
Sounds like an idea that your avatar created.

The current format is surely excellent, and ideas of enlarging leagues are often ill advised.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 05:54 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
Örebro aren't ready, when it comes to the organization, for Elitserien (or so I have been told). Would still be fun to have them in the league of course.
for örebro the real question is if they need to get to elitserien first to create a buzz and get more kids playing hockey or if the youth teams have to take the next step first and then a promotion to elitserien would make sense.

to me it looks like örebro lan as well as u16 are doing better each year. while it's maybe still nothing compared to hockey hotbeds, it might be a start.

a good senior team helps a lot though. the kids need role models so they decide to play hockey instead of bandy or a silly ball sport.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 06:41 PM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post

The current format is surely excellent, and ideas of enlarging leagues are often ill advised.
12 teams are perfect I agree. Allsvenskan is getting better each year so teams have a real chance of getting to Elitserien, which means more organizations that really works hard to progres. Look what it did to FotbollsAllsvenskan, kind of killed the buzz.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 06:42 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post

It's not ill-advised in the case of Elitserien. An enlargement should have happened a decade ago. Allsvenskan, the SEL-2 league has gained in strength and there are much more capable teams and future organizations that could have enough economic muscle to compete with current SEL organizations.

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Great first 3 games from Timrå, but they really need to win against either Rögle or DIF, or better, both. Loosing both of these games will make the rest of kvalserien very tough.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:14 AM
Yabob

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
for örebro the real question is if they need to get to elitserien first to create a buzz and get more kids playing hockey or if the youth teams have to take the next step first and then a promotion to elitserien would make sense.

to me it looks like örebro lan as well as u16 are doing better each year. while it's maybe still nothing compared to hockey hotbeds, it might be a start.

a good senior team helps a lot though. the kids need role models so they decide to play hockey instead of bandy or a silly ball sport.
Indeed. Linköping would be a good example of this. Before they won promotion the first time the interest for playing hockey among kids were low (there were more or less an open spot for you no matter how old you were). Today it's the organization with the most registered players in Sweden (hockey... not all sports).

But anyway... I was think more about the office and how they run the organization. From what I have been told they are still kind of far away from Elitserien standards.

Yabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:38 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by svartgul View Post
It's not ill-advised in the case of Elitserien. An enlargement should have happened a decade ago. Allsvenskan, the SEL-2 league has gained in strength and there are much more capable teams and future organizations that could have enough economic muscle to compete with current SEL organizations.
Totally agree. The economic climate today is much better. When we have big cities like Malmö, Västerås, Örebro and Uppsala(even if the new arena needs to be in place first), and hockey crazy places like Ängelholm, Mora and Leksand playing in Allsvenskan, there sure is room for an expansion. An expansion would mean new interest, more subscribers to C+ i.e TV-money to support more teams. More teams would have the ability to build a good junior academy and Swedish hockey as a whole would gain from that.

I think Elitserien should look to expand to 16 teams. You play every team four times for 60 games. 1-6 teams go directly to the quarterfinals, 7-10 play a Wildcard round home/away to get the last two playoff spots. 11-13 are done for the season(they still got the few extra games in the regular season for more SEK) and teams 14-16 go to Kvalserien against the top three teams from Allsvenskan where three spots for next year are at stake. More spots in Elitserien, easier to go get promoted but also easier to get relegated.

For the first year of expansion, I would promote teams with:
-An Elitserien arena.
-Proven support for the team.
-Financial structure.

After that, business as usual.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Hege
Rookie User

Weak start from Djurgårdens IF in this years Kvalserien, although things did get better after a 3-1 win against Leksands IF. DIF would really need a road win from Örebro tonight in order to increase their chances of avoiding relegation.

Hege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Totally agree. The economic climate today is much better. When we have big cities like Malmö, Västerås, Örebro and Uppsala(even if the new arena needs to be in place first), and hockey crazy places like Ängelholm, Mora and Leksand playing in Allsvenskan, there sure is room for an expansion. An expansion would mean new interest, more subscribers to C+ i.e TV-money to support more teams. More teams would have the ability to build a good junior academy and Swedish hockey as a whole would gain from that.

I think Elitserien should look to expand to 16 teams. You play every team four times for 60 games. 1-6 teams go directly to the quarterfinals, 7-10 play a Wildcard round home/away to get the last two playoff spots. 11-13 are done for the season(they still got the few extra games in the regular season for more SEK) and teams 14-16 go to Kvalserien against the top three teams from Allsvenskan where three spots for next year are at stake. More spots in Elitserien, easier to go get promoted but also easier to get relegated.

For the first year of expansion, I would promote teams with:
-An Elitserien arena.
-Proven support for the team.
-Financial structure.

After that, business as usual.
Why not do it similar to swizzleague?

IF SEL were to have 16 teams, 11 - 16 could have their own playoff and the bottom 3 plays kvalserien. Even more games/cash.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Everlasting

Timrå needs to play more defensively or they might concede a goal

Old
03-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Djurgården ineffective as usual.

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Watched the game on a stream, Djurgården are hopeless.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Hockeyfrilla

So Djurgården, Rögle, Leksand and Karlskoga all have 6pts. Timrå in the lead with 10.

Old
03-23-2012, 03:20 AM
Hege
Rookie User

Djurgården will play Timrå in their next two games... I'm hoping they should get 4-6 points and that would be good enough. It's true that DIF has played quite weakly and usually concede a goal just after taking the lead in a game. This is something they must get rid of... If you take the lead in a game then you must fight to keep the lead until the end

Nothing is over yet and this is indeed a very exciting year in Kvalserien.

Old
03-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Everlasting

Sorry to disopoint you but This is Timrås kvalserie, not DIFs. Timrå will do as they always have been doing latley, win. Djurgården will at most get 1 point during these 2 games.

Old
03-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Hege
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Sorry to disopoint you but This is Timrås kvalserie, not DIFs. Timrå will do as they always have been doing latley, win. Djurgården will at most get 1 point during these 2 games.
We can just wait and see what happens.

I just can't see a traditional hockey team such as Djurgården being relegated to Hockey Allsvenskan. Because of this I'm sure they will do their everything to not let the fans down. This involves winning at least one, maybe both of the Timrå games. Saturday evening at the hopefully sold-out Hovet. I'ts going to be interesting and anything can happen.

My guess is that both Timrå and DIF will play in Elitserien next season, so neither of us have to be dissapointed

Old
03-23-2012, 09:00 AM
WayneBruce

I´m guessing both Djurgården and Timrå will play in Elitserien next year if they win one each. Hopefully Leksand can gear up and win both games against Rögle to make it very interesting.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 09:10 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hege View Post
I just can't see a traditional hockey team such as Djurgården being relegated to Hockey Allsvenskan.
This kind of talk is the reason I want Djurgården in AS.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 11:15 AM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

Djurgården could be in trouble? they are a historic team, how come they arrive in this situation?

HC Bienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Djurgården is done.

Old
03-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Everlasting

TIIIIMMMRÅÅÅÅ

Hopefully they will get 3 new points from the animalfarm the next game too

Old
03-24-2012, 12:15 PM
WayneBruce

There is still hope for Djurgården, only 3 points down. They did not play bad either today but they must score on their chances.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Hockeyfrilla

I assume lots of prospects will get the chance in Allsvenskan, something positive atleast.

Old
03-24-2012, 12:29 PM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
TIIIIMMMRÅÅÅÅ

Hopefully they will get 3 new points from the animalfarm the next game too
animal farm?

it's because the stadium? in wood? he also call like that certain's team stadiums

HC Bienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Hybbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special One View Post
animal farm?

it's because the stadium? in wood? he also call like that certain's team stadiums
http://translate.google.se/#sv|en|djurg%C3%A5rden%0A

Actually, put a space between "djur" and "gården".

Hybbe is offline   Reply With Quote