HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012 Kvalserien | Rögle promoted; Timrå defends SEL berth

View Poll Results: Who will play in Elitserien in 12-13? (Pick two teams)
Djurgårdens IF 20 86.96%
Timrå IK 9 39.13%
Örebro HK 4 17.39%
Leksands IF 8 34.78%
BIK Karlskoga 1 4.35%
Rögle BK 3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-31-2012, 11:00 AM
Hockeyfrilla

vCash: 500
Boom, Djurgården plays in Allsvenskan 12/13.

Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:13 PM
KRM

Unbelievable.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
I'm not a DIF supporter by any means, but to me it's a bad thing. It's well earned though, they've been a lazy organization all season, so they deserve their fate, but it doesn't exactly help the SEL, I think. Although I think they'll bounce back quite quickly, and both Rögle and especially Leksand have very passionate supporters, so they'll make a good replacement in the meantime. Hopefully AIK gets more support during the regular season next year, following their success in the playoffs this year. The SEL needs the interest from the capital.

Lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:39 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Unbelievable.
Indeed. What can happen next, Färjestad gets regulated the next season (totally unlikely but you get my drift)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugaid View Post
I'm not a DIF supporter by any means, but to me it's a bad thing. It's well earned though, they've been a lazy organization all season, so they deserve their fate, but it doesn't exactly help the SEL, I think. Although I think they'll bounce back quite quickly, and both Rögle and especially Leksand have very passionate supporters, so they'll make a good replacement in the meantime. Hopefully AIK gets more support during the regular season next year, following their success in the playoffs this year. The SEL needs the interest from the capital.
I am no DiF supporter either. They have a spot as a rival back from the days when Rolf Ridderwall was in the goal and the team was annoyingly good and the fans aware of it.

About bouncing back, we'll see. If was convinced the same when Leksand was regulated and had money for at least two seasons of worth to get a shot at the SEL, we haven't seen them back yet.

You need both skill and luck to get back, the chances that Djurgården gets back the season after the coming one are slim.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:12 PM
KRM

It's a friggin disaster for the league, Djurgården average 3,200 more fans per home game than Timrå. That's almost 90,000 less fans contributing to gate revenue over a full season. And I don't even want to know how much wider that gap becomes when looking at the TV ratings, which is the primary source of income for the league.

Let's hope Leksand can pull of a miracle and squeeze by Timrå, that will repair the damage somewhat...

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Coffe

Now that DIF has been relegated to Allsvenskan I think we'll have 14, or even 16, teams in Elitserien at the start of the 13/14 season, as I don't think they'll be able to impose til 12/13.

At least the debate regarding a supplementation will intensify.

Coffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Let's hope Leksand can pull of a miracle and squeeze by Timrå, that will repair the damage somewhat...
Squeeze by Rögle, you mean? I sure don't want Rögle in the league.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:46 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by A swedish flyer View Post
Now that DIF has been relegated to Allsvenskan I think we'll have 14, or even 16, teams in Elitserien at the start of the 13/14 season, as I don't think they'll be able to impose til 12/13.

At least the debate regarding a supplementation will intensify.
That was my first thought after the whistle. I would be surprised if they did not try an expansion in a season or two.

Anyone know what will happen to their roster? Are they going to keep the big names?

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
That was my first thought after the whistle. I would be surprised if they did not try an expansion in a season or two.

Anyone know what will happen to their roster? Are they going to keep the big names?
Fimpen jus tweeted "Skäms för vad man gjort med klubben, Men Jag spelar hellre i div4 iklädd DIFtröjan än att spela med något annat lag i elitserien.", so he will probably stay. Ölvestad most likely too and I think Ottosson will stay if he not retires. Guess Åberg will stay too if he not choose to play AHL or CHL

Ölvestad and Kempe, those are the two I really really want to stay.

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Tomas W

What I wish for is that the Djurgården fans does not show the same "loyalty" as the AIK fans (and well also SSK fans to some extent) showed for thier team when AIK was in Allsvenskan (and div 1 for a while even), but instead continue to attend the games. If they'll do that it will at least boost Allsvenskan, which is not unimportant to Swedish hockey in general.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
Guess Åberg will stay too if he not choose to play AHL or CHL.
Surely Åberg will have 12 SEL offers to choose from, though?

Old
03-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
What I wish for is that the Djurgården fans does not show the same "loyalty" as the AIK fans (and well also SSK fans to some extent) showed for thier team when AIK was in Allsvenskan (and div 1 for a while even), but instead continue to attend the games. If they'll do that it will at least boost Allsvenskan, which is not unimportant to Swedish hockey in general.
If you read on DIF official forum it seems like most of them won't attend if Janne Järlefelt and Mats Larsson stays. If they leave I think most people will show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Surely Åberg will have 12 SEL offers to choose from, though?
Will he? Not so sure bout that. Not sure how it works with contracts now cause we have like 5-10 players with contract over next season too. Åberg is one of them. I think we might be able to get Linkan and if we do I would love to have the two of them on the same line, just look what he did with Patrik Hörnqvist

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Quote:
Now you think like a north american
What the leauge needs is quality, not Djurgården

Anyway, im happy with this, as long as Leksand follows Timrå up. I want DIF in SEL like most here but i also want fresh blood. As long as its not Rögle, just their name sounds wrong...

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:59 PM
joe89

Allsvenskan next season will be very very good/intriguing. The prospect of a league with DIF, MIF, Leksand, Mora, SSK, Örebro and VIK is pretty good to say the least.

And I didn't even mention Almtuna

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
Will he? Not so sure bout that. Not sure how it works with contracts now cause we have like 5-10 players with contract over next season too. Åberg is one of them. I think we might be able to get Linkan and if we do I would love to have the two of them on the same line, just look what he did with Patrik Hörnqvist
Not trying to kick you when you're down, but he's probably got a relegation clause. Almost all players do. 'Cept for Patrik Carlsson

Last edited by Systemfel: 03-31-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 05:10 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Allsvenskan next season will be very very good/intriguing. The prospect of a league with DIF, MIF, Leksand, Mora, SSK, Örebro and VIK is pretty good to say the least.

And I didn't even mention Almtuna
i know as soon as i will write this they probably start another failure, but i'm really curious to see what karlskrona can do in the allsvenskan. they might have a top5 attendance in the league.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 05:28 PM
SurMartin

The whole "Elitserien needs DIF" is complete bull. Stockholm needs DIF.
Hockey in northern sweden is bleeding. Norrland needs Timrå.

At least this will shut up the talk about a closed league.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 06:16 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
So true.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Ferros

It's sad to see Djurgården go, if Rögle would take their place it would be even worse. Their fans are just too much for my taste...

I'm really hope that Leksand can take that last spot instead, even though it doesn't look that good for them either at the moment.

At least Allsvenskan will be quite interesting next season.

Ferros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:59 AM
GuloGulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
The whole "Elitserien needs DIF" is complete bull. Stockholm needs DIF.
Hockey in northern sweden is bleeding. Norrland needs Timrå.

At least this will shut up the talk about a closed league.
Hockey north of Mora needs more AS clubs, not SEL clubs to survive...

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 05:20 AM
Everlasting

I dont see why Djurgårdenfans are so sad, you still have a stockholmteam sel

Old
04-01-2012, 07:13 AM
WayneBruce

Djurgården, Malmö, Leksand, Södertälje, now all in Allsvenskan, have 28 Elitserien titles in total.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Ferros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
I dont see why Djurgårdenfans are so sad, you still have a stockholmteam sel
Whats up with your attitude? Timrå is one of the worst teams we've seen in Elitserien in the last 10 years and they will probably be even worse next year with their financial issues and yet you feel the argue to post stuff like this and the "What the leauge needs is quality, not Djurgården"-crap. Way to stay classy in when your team has been **** pretty much the whole season.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Everlasting

Djurgårdensupporter? Sorry for throwing handgrenades on you when youre already down but its just a joke. Which is not that hard to understand since i also wrote: "I want DIF in SEL like most here" in a message before.
And while Timrå hasnt really been dominating for 10 years they sure as hell have not been bad at all. Many playoffs and even finished 3rd one season. And if Lehtonen didnt loose his skridskoskena (English word???) against hv in the ot of the 7 game they could have won it all. They were fantastic that season. They gave HV a toughter playoffseries then everyoneelse and HV won gold too.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Ferros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Djurgårdensupporter? Sorry for throwing handgrenades on you when youre already down but its just a joke. Which is not that hard to understand since i also wrote: "I want DIF in SEL like most here" in a message before.
And while Timrå hasnt really been dominating for 10 years they sure as hell have not been bad at all. Many playoffs and even finished 3rd one season. And if Lehtonen didnt loose his skridskoskena (English word???) against hv in the ot of the 7 game they could have won it all. They were fantastic that season. They gave HV a toughter playoffseries then everyoneelse and HV won gold too.
Yes, I'm obviously cheering for Djurgården with my avatar.

I meant Timrå this season, they have been awful and then it looks quite bad when one of their supporters act like you are doing. You should show some respect instead of making fun of other teams. Especially considering how the next season will look for Timrå, they already got a weak team but also big financial issues and they will most likely have a really weak team that will have to fight for every single point that they will get and most likely we will see them in kvalserien again.