HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rene Bourque

Old
03-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
Rene Bourque

Clearly Bourque is unhappy as a Hab. If need be, we could add a few throw-ins. What "change-of-scenery" player would Bourque fetch? I understand that, if traded away, it would most likely be for spare parts.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:02 AM
madmike77

Honestly with his deal not a whole lot. At the time he signed the deal he looked like a bargain, but he hasn't produced in either Calgary or Montreal.

He's got 5 more years at 3.5 per year - that's going to be a tough contract to move.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd easily take Stajan over Bourque right now and Stajan's on a shorter-term deal and was considered impossible to move.

Just looked at his stats in Montreal and wow - good luck moving him - 26 games, 7 points and a whopping -16.... Over a full season he's on pace for a -48 based on those stats.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:19 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

He has been playing pretty after an ok first 10 games, but I think everyone is going to give him a pass until next year. He has played with Plek most of the time and Ryan White, and Plek is having a horrible year, I think next year they will have Gionta on RW with them, and I expect him and Plek to regain form.

At 3.33M, I think he is a good replacement for AK, a guy you can you can put on all 3 lines as a plug, that can notch 20-25 goals.

Good thing tho, is atleast he plays on the top 2 units on the PK, which is one of the best in the league, so atleast when he is't doing anything, at least he can do something.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:27 AM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
He has been playing pretty after an ok first 10 games, but I think everyone is going to give him a pass until next year. He has played with Plek most of the time and Ryan White, and Plek is having a horrible year, I think next year they will have Gionta on RW with them, and I expect him and Plek to regain form.

At 3.33M, I think he is a good replacement for AK, a guy you can you can put on all 3 lines as a plug, that can notch 20-25 goals.

Good thing tho, is atleast he plays on the top 2 units on the PK, which is one of the best in the league, so atleast when he is't doing anything, at least he can do something.
Yeah at this point the Habs are better keeping him and hoping he can have a better season next year. If he can put up numbers that are close to his historical stats then they could get something back for him.

Right now I don't think any team would take a chance on him.

Old
03-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Beakermania*

Worthless on the ice

Worthless in a trade right now

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Trade him for Kaberle ....

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:34 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike77 View Post
Yeah at this point the Habs are better keeping him and hoping he can have a better season next year. If he can put up numbers that are close to his historical stats then they could get something back for him.

Right now I don't think any team would take a chance on him.
I don't think MTL would want to trade him anyways, like I said they basically replaced AK with Bourque, both guys know to be enigmatic, best suited in a 3rd line role, and fill in on top 2 lines, and while AK is more talented, Bourque has been better production and plays the pk.

Plus his contract is actually really easy to move, has a cap hit of 3.33, that is only 5.2% of a 64M cap, and in the final 2 years of the 4 remaining years he is only getting paid 2.5M.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Tuckerw68

Boston would take him for a prospect like arniel or sauve

Tuckerw68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Come next trade deadline maybe.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerw68 View Post
Boston would take him for a prospect like arniel or sauve
Maybe if you offer Caron, Arniel and Sauve you can keep

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Clearly Bourque is unhappy as a Hab. If need be, we could add a few throw-ins. What "change-of-scenery" player would Bourque fetch? I understand that, if traded away, it would most likely be for spare parts.
Not sure how it's clear that he's "unhappy as a Hab"...?

But clearly he sucks. And we Habs fans are unhappy with him as a Hab. At least there's that.

He didn't exactly arrive in the best situation, so maybe there is still some bounce-back to come from him to start next season, or maybe this is just one of his normal lengthy slumps and the next hot streak is around the corner. Still, he has been pretty much useless as a Hab. I could honestly say that guys like Blunden, Nokelainen, Geoffrion have done as much, just as filler players. And even a guy like Mathieu Darche was clearly more useful.

I guess we'll wait and see what he can do next season, at least his cap hit isn't exactly a crippling inconvenience.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:17 AM
CaptainCrunch67

Its not that he's unhappy, the guy has always had questionable motivation, the biggest mistake the Flames made was signing him to a fairly lengthy contract, any of his push vanished.

He'll be decent for a handful of games but have ups and downs in those games.

I wouldn't expect much to change next year.

He's basically heading from being a centerpoint in a fairly significant deal to either being a throw in or a dump.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
Its not that he's unhappy, the guy has always had questionable motivation, the biggest mistake the Flames made was signing him to a fairly lengthy contract, any of his push vanished.

He'll be decent for a handful of games but have ups and downs in those games.

I wouldn't expect much to change next year.

He's basically heading from being a centerpoint in a fairly significant deal to either being a throw in or a dump.
Sometimes, I'm inclined to say that the real centerpiece of that trade was Holland or the 2nd.

Old
03-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sometimes, I'm inclined to say that the real centerpiece of that trade was Holland or the 2nd.
Dunno. As a Flames fan, the stats don't entirely show it, but having Cammy back has been great.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

He's the kind of player that has zero trade value unless another team has a salary dump that fills a need on the Habs.

I've already got him filled in as Gomez's replacement in Hamilton as I think he'll do enough to stay here as a 3rd line player for another 2 years.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:02 AM
madmike77

Quote:
I still don't like the fact the Flames gave up Holland. I know he was a 7th rounder and he's old for the WHL, but he's having a very good year.

I guess the Flames figured they didn't need Ferland and Holland and decided to keep Ferland - which was likely the right call. Would have been nice to keep both though.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:21 AM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike77 View Post
I still don't like the fact the Flames gave up Holland. I know he was a 7th rounder and he's old for the WHL, but he's having a very good year.

I guess the Flames figured they didn't need Ferland and Holland and decided to keep Ferland - which was likely the right call. Would have been nice to keep both though.
I'm not that impressed with Holland. He has a lot of points, however, most are assists. He's playing on the best WHL team in the league in his fourth season as an overager. It's really not that impressive and reaks of career AHLer.

blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:44 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
When he was on the flames we were told numerous times by other fans that he wasn't even worth a first.
I still think he is worth a first, he is clearly unhappy in Montreal but he does have the skill to be a thirty goal scorer.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I'm not that impressed with Holland. He has a lot of points, however, most are assists. He's playing on the best WHL team in the league in his fourth season as an overager. It's really not that impressive and reaks of career AHLer.
For a 7th round pick, he is more than impressive.

If he had been a 2nd rounder or something similar, then I would've agreed with you.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:47 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
I certainly hope not, not saying those aren't nice pieces but Cammy should have gotten more.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
A potential 35-40th pick in 2013 is the centerpiece of that deal in my opinion. I've always thought that. Sure, Calgary could finish higher than that, but I doubt they make the playoffs next year. If the draft ends up being as deep as currently advertised, Habs could end up with a great prospect.

I've appreciated Cammalleri's tenure in a Hab uniform, especially with his playoffs heroics, but at 6 million a year I think his trade value was further evaporating by the day.

I never liked Bourque and didn't expect more from him, so I've never been a fan of his arrival. The way PG was talking about him at the time of the trade, I swear I could tell he was trolling Habs fans.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Worthless on the ice

Worthless in a trade right now
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Not sure how it's clear that he's "unhappy as a Hab"...?

But clearly he sucks. And we Habs fans are unhappy with him as a Hab. At least there's that.

He didn't exactly arrive in the best situation, so maybe there is still some bounce-back to come from him to start next season, or maybe this is just one of his normal lengthy slumps and the next hot streak is around the corner. Still, he has been pretty much useless as a Hab. I could honestly say that guys like Blunden, Nokelainen, Geoffrion have done as much, just as filler players. And even a guy like Mathieu Darche was clearly more useful.

I guess we'll wait and see what he can do next season, at least his cap hit isn't exactly a crippling inconvenience.
For how much our team sucks and how no one outside of pacs, dd, cole and Price does anything, I think he's fit in nicely. He throws a hit, blocks a shot, scored the occasional goal. He kills penalties and mostly before had no pp time while he, plekance and White seem to be the 3rd line when theyre better than Gomez and whatever duo he gets paired with.

To trade Bourque would be pretty dumb. He and Eller seemed to be getting some chemistry going, but then lines get changed.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:27 PM
MW6

I'd offer Hamrlik /or Ward and B's 2nd pick 2012 from Washington.

Yes, I know he's probably not very liked in that lookerroom for that cheapshot on Backstrom, but I think they can get over it if he brings Backy some chocholates, a bouquet of flowers and a "forgive-me" card. He would look good oposite Semin or heck, even Ovechkin on the top-line.

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Perro

Trade him to LA for Penner's rights

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Trade him to LA for Penner's rights
I honestly would like him in LA though, just not sure who I would be willing to part with. Maybe King or Richardson plus a 5th.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote