HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Myers facing hearing for Gomez hit [UPDATE: Suspended 3 games]

Old
03-14-2012, 02:02 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Agreed. Going even further, setting up a matrix of escallating discipline would be pretty straightforward. Instead, they fiddle **** around with relatively piddly fines and suspensions. Get their attention -- set it up so that they know that if they hit someone in the head they get X the first time (say 5 games), Y the second (10), and Z (like 40 games, unpaid) the third. Enough with "intent" or circumstance. He's already shown the inability to be consistent in his rulings from incident to incident. Just set it up and let it be manditory. And yes, that means if a superstar/gatedraw does this, they get treated the same way. No more Malkin-jumping-gets-nothing. Let everyone know there are consiquences to dangerous hits and they are severe.
Wayyy too logical.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I'm with everyone else who has said that it's more disappointing that similar hits this year haven't even been reviewed, let alone suspended. One eerily similar hit (did not occur at the same part of the ice but very comparable to me) was against us; Bourdon on Gerbe. Gerbe out for a month or more with a concussion and Bourdon walked away without even a warning. That's the kind of ******** I get fed up with, not so much the amount of games our players get.

I thought two would have been about right for this one. It was a dumb play and a bit of a dirty hit, not that Myers is anything close to a dirty player. However, the rulings have not been consistent. Mike Green got only three games for a blatant shot to the head on Brett Connolly and Myers gets the same term for a board. Both were dangerous plays (also completely different ones) and resulted in injury though so only so big of an argument can be made.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Kyndig86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/touch...tml?id=6299826

A concussion! I didn't realize it was that bad. I guess 3 games was fair afterall
Didn't Miller get a concussion after Luccic hit him when Miller didn't have the puck? How many games did he get again?

Kyndig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyndig86 View Post
Didn't Miller get a concussion after Luccic hit him when Miller didn't have the puck? How many games did he get again?
No, Miller is a whiner and a disgrace to the game that intentionally faked a concussion by having a misdiagnosed neck injury

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:59 PM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/touch...tml?id=6299826

A concussion! I didn't realize it was that bad. I guess 3 games was fair afterall
This is the Montreal media we're talking about, though. After Chara's hit, they were probably reporting MaxPac would be a permanent cripple or something. So they're just doing their part in blowing things out of proportion to screw over their team's opponents. Par for the course there. **** Montreal and it's over-dramatized, snobbish market.

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Well, it's a good thing they suspended him. Otherwise it would have been open season on centers.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 04:04 PM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
Well, it's a good thing they suspended him. Otherwise it would have been open season on centers.
well played...

Old
03-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Fraser and Maguire: "Myers deserves 3 game suspension for hit on Gomez"

Fraser and Maguire: "2 games for Skinner kicking a guy from the ice with his skate blade is about right"

Ummm.....

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:28 AM
joshjull

Myers first game back will be against............ the Habs.

That should be fun.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:34 AM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post
This is the Montreal media we're talking about, though. After Chara's hit, they were probably reporting MaxPac would be a permanent cripple or something. So they're just doing their part in blowing things out of proportion to screw over their team's opponents. Par for the course there. **** Montreal and it's over-dramatized, snobbish market.
I hate the Montreal media, especially the Gazette, but you are so wrong man.

No one in the media said Pacioretty was going to be a permanent cripple. He DID suffer from a severe concussion - which is qualified by being knocked the **** out for X amount of minutes, which if you watched the game live like I did, felt like hours. He DID NOT suffer from Post-Concussion Syndrome which is plaguing the league and haunting players like Pronger, Savard and so on.

If you read the article you'd see there was no dramatization about the injury whatsoever. It was just three lines or so about Gomez's situation.

Last edited by joshjull: 03-17-2012 at 12:40 AM.
WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 09:08 AM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post

That should be fun.
Yes yes, it shall.

Old
03-17-2012, 09:14 AM
barnell
butter knife hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post

That should be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post
Yes yes, it shall.
I gotta be honest, but I just don't see it. He did go headhunting there. Sure we can debate whether or not he deserved the three games or not, but there was going to be something.

Given that you better believe the League is going to be watching him that game. He'll be on his best behavior.

barnell is offline   Reply With Quote