HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation: Silfverberg would consider coming for the playoffs

Old
03-16-2012, 08:44 PM
sg58

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Hey, I'm just telling you what I heard on the radio.

Whether it's true or not, I couldn't tell you.
Oh, sorry, I wasn't trying to argue your statement, just pointing out that they've grabbed that out of imaginationland.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Silfverberg's team advanced. He had 5 goals in 6 games.

He won't be here before the end of the season, if at all.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
Silfverberg's team advanced. He had 5 goals in 6 games.

He won't be here before the end of the season, if at all.
They are down 1-0 in the second series.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:03 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
They are down 1-0 in the second series.
I wish they would lose. Silfverberg can easily replace one of Klinkhammer, Daugavins, or O'Brien.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:11 PM
playasRus

Meh, would rather Silf wins the SEL. Would be good for closure for him. Then he can really focus on the NHL.
Our team has brought us this far so I'll put my faith in them to take us as far as they can, with or without Silfverberg.

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:19 PM
mcnorth

Yeah, I don't want anyone messing up the room. The guys there now have been through it together - I think that matters.

Looking forward to a full season with Silf next year.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:21 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Meh, would rather Silf wins the SEL. Would be good for closure for him. Then he can really focus on the NHL.
Our team has brought us this far so I'll put my faith in them to take us as far as they can, with or without Silfverberg.
Silfverberg >>> K-Daug, Hammer, JOB
and will have more of an impact if he was playing for this team now as opposed to any of the above three.

I don't care about his SEL team. As a Sens fan, I hope he makes it over here for the stretch run.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
and will have more of an impact if he was playing for this team now as opposed to any of the above three.

I don't care about his SEL team. As a Sens fan, I hope he makes it over here for the stretch run.
This is just so wrong.

You want some kid who's never played in North America to come in and replace our efficient and established fourth liners?!?! FOR THE PLAYOFFS!?

Glad you have nothing to do with management!

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:48 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
This is just so wrong.

You want some kid who's never played in North America to come in and replace our efficient and established fourth liners?!?! FOR THE PLAYOFFS!?

Glad you have nothing to do with management!
agreed. no way you insert a rookie to replace the guys that got you there. that would send the wrong message to the team.

God Says No is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
agreed. no way you insert a rookie to replace the guys that got you there. that would send the wrong message to the team.
Well it worked with Spezza against the devils.

It's almost a certainty he will head over to be with the team if Brynas get kicked out. His contract is already in its first year, so there is nothing stopping him from practicing with the guys. If Maclean thinks he is an upgrade, he should be inserted.

Highly doubt he is over in time anyways.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:26 AM
masterandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
Unless you're replacing Silf for Klinkhammer... Did he really get us here? So why not? It's either Winchester/Konopka/Silfverberg/Klinkhammer

Would it really disrupt the team chemistry that much? To be fair, Paul Maclean has been doing this all year long...bringing up guys and giving them a chance to show what they got. If they have something, they stick.

masterandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:33 AM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post

JOB is doing a great job and is a CENTRE. He won't be replaced by Silfverberg. If he is replaced in the lineup it will be by Winchester.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:45 AM
JoeCool16

As a Canucks fan I know that when a team goes deep they lose players to injury. It would have been nice to have a talented top-6 guy to come in last year. If the Sens go deep and top-6 players start dropping like flies, put him in if he's there and looks good!

JoeCool16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:18 AM
arglebargle

I'd prefer it if he would start at least a couple regular season games before they put him in for the playoffs. After his season is finished they should bring him over and have him practice with the team, but something doesn't seem right about replacing a young player who's fought with the team all year and replacing him with a kid who's never played an NHL game before.

If someone gets injured or just starts to suck horribly, put Silf in there but otherwise it doesn't seem prudent. Chances are he won't be that much of an improvement over any of the top 9 players in his first 10-15 NHL games anyways.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 04:17 AM
dennilfloss
Yes I love disco!

As nearly always, I trust our management. They know a lot more about what's better for both the player and the team than we peons do.

dennilfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:17 AM
Sensored

Hopefully we will have clinched a playoff spot before April 7th. And Silfverberg has come over, then we could give him a one game try out. He plays well he displaces Klinkhammer on the roster, he plays poorly he doesn't play unless someone gets injured. I don't want him playing his first game in the NHL in the playoffs thats a bad idea.

Sensored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Legend Killer

As much as the extra talent would be welcome... Does anyone think that the style of play/system will be tough for him to pick up in such limited time??

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:48 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
As much as the extra talent would be welcome... Does anyone think that the style of play/system will be tough for him to pick up in such limited time??
Nope.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:54 AM
HSF

i am guessing at the very least they would want him to take part in practice and just hang around the team

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

O'Brien and Klinkhammer have only played a combined 34 games for Ottawa so far this year. I don't see why we would try them and not try Silfverberg if he came over. We've tried different players all year at different positions -- it doesn't send any kind of wrong message.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
i am guessing at the very least they would want him to take part in practice and just hang around the team
Absolutely no doubt on my part, and I would also include Zbad as well. Even if they are just part of the black aces, these 2 are potentially going to be key cogs for the Sens. I'm sure management wants them immersed into what NHL playoff hockey is like in Ottawa, and all the trials, tribulations and joys that go with it.....even if it's only from the press box.

Silfverberg's comments however, lead me to believe that the Sens have told him he will be in the line-up, since I don't see him as being the type of player who would pass up an opportunity to represent his country at the worlds just to sit and experience the NHL playoff from the press box...and if the Sens get knocked out in the first round he can still go and join the Swedish team.

Kickabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:54 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
O'Brien and Klinkhammer have only played a combined 34 games for Ottawa so far this year. I don't see why we would try them and not try Silfverberg if he came over. We've tried different players all year at different positions -- it doesn't send any kind of wrong message.
Because they play the exact same system in Bingo as they do in Ottawa. The SEL is a different league, on a bigger surface & play a different style & in the NHL everything gets ratcheted up quite a bit when the playoffs start. You don't put a 22 yr old rookie into that who we don't even know if he will make the team next yr, all we have to go on so far is the claims of many here that he is a shoe-in. Fortunately, no one here gets to make that decision.

While we assume Silfverberg could be good enough, the playoffs are not the time to make a decision like that, training camp is. We have yet to see how this guy reacts & plays against NHL players before inserting him into the lineup especially when our season is on the line. We have the players already who have helped to get the team this far, no reason why they can't keep it going. I guess because he scored a lot in the SEL some assume he can also score at that rate in the NHL. Well Rundblad couldn't do in the NHL what he did in the SEL so I'm not sure now is the time to find out whether Silfverberg can or cannot. How would he feel if he caused the goal against to lose a series & could he ever recover from that? At least if you are with the team from the beginning you are part of the team at the end. Being part of the black aces & experiencing the NHL playoffs would be okay but i thought he was going to play at the Worlds for Sweden.

aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:17 AM
OttawaGM

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Turris-Alfredsson
Silfverberg-Smith-Condra
Daugavins-O'Brien-Neil

Looks good to me.

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:19 AM
ILLESToO
Godspeed, Bryan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Because they play the exact same system in Bingo as they do in Ottawa. The SEL is a different league, on a bigger surface & play a different style & in the NHL everything gets ratcheted up quite a bit when the playoffs start. You don't put a 22 yr old rookie into that who we don't even know if he will make the team next yr, all we have to go on so far is the claims of many here that he is a shoe-in. Fortunately, no one here gets to make that decision.

While we assume Silfverberg could be good enough, the playoffs are not the time to make a decision like that, training camp is. We have yet to see how this guy reacts & plays against NHL players before inserting him into the lineup especially when our season is on the line. We have the players already who have helped to get the team this far, no reason why they can't keep it going. I guess because he scored a lot in the SEL some assume he can also score at that rate in the NHL. Well Rundblad couldn't do in the NHL what he did in the SEL so I'm not sure now is the time to find out whether Silfverberg can or cannot. How would he feel if he caused the goal against to lose a series & could he ever recover from that? At least if you are with the team from the beginning you are part of the team at the end. Being part of the black aces & experiencing the NHL playoffs would be okay but i thought he was going to play at the Worlds for Sweden.
Murray begged (sp?) him at training camp to stay here, Dorion said he is NHL ready and could easily play on one of our first 3 lines, if he can, he'll play. Also he's a forward, it's easier to translate his game on a smaller ice, it was tougher for Rundblad cause he was soft and not ready, I read on threads about Silfv that people in Sweden compare his play at the same age in the SEL to Peter Forsberg, I'd give him a try

ILLESToO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:45 AM
N Bahn Ahden

If you can, you bring him over and see how it goes in practise. I have zero problem with him jumping into the lineup if the coaches think he give the team the best chance of winning.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote