HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

I see your Schwartz is bigger than mine (Chicago Blackhawks v. St. Louis Blues 3/13)

Old
03-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Steve Larmer

vCash: 500
Went to the game, and I was very glad I did. Most energetic I've seen the entire stadium all year, both the crowd and the players.

Kane was electric. Shame he couldn't bury one. I wish he could play like that every game, with energy on every shift in every facet of the game.

Oduya continues to impress me. He is so composed and looks comfortable on the PP too.

Thought Shaw stood out as well. Tons of jawing with the Blues goons, some nice hits. He seems to feed off of trash talking and physical play.

Steve Larmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:51 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I'm happy that we ended their PK streak. Really happy. I hate those Blues more than the Wings or Nucks...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
That's because you have no idea what a defenseman is even supposed to look like.
Ouch. The all knowing massivegoonery does not approve of my hockey knowledge. That cuts deep.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
A game or two before he was the worst defenseman on the ice.

Seabrook can be great but he can be really bad too. Like Keith, he's someone who doesn't seem to be consistently playing at the level we've seen he's capable of.
Sorry, did I say that Seabrook was the best defenseman on the ice a game or two before? He was a beast out there against the blues, and yet he gets absolutely no recognition.

Seabrook has been our best defenseman all season (not saying a huge amount I know), and yet he gets next to know credit for it.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:20 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
4-1-1 in March
Stalberg had a good game with good effort and he got rewarded with a lucky goal.
Bolland played really different than he played the last 10+ games. He wasn't scared out there and not affraid of contact. Good game for him too.
Bruno showed how to score a goal. Not many on our roster would have scored that way and make it look easy.
Kane was all over the ice and nothing needs to be added to the Oduya praise. Great skater without many mistakes. He makes our team better and that was exactly what Bowman needed to do. Keep him.

Thank god that Crawford had a good game and was able to find the puck, keep it and don't give up rebounds. Good for his confidence and hopefully, he finally starts playing like he is capable of

I don't think here are Crawford haters. Here are many doubters that know what he can do. The question is, can he do it again and keep this level

Agreed with all of the above except the Crawford part. I was forced to watch the Blues feed. Twerp Panger who commentates like he is in the stands with his Blues sweater on ….. was saying the entire 3rd period that Blues need to shoot from anywhere against a Crawford, who was fighting the puck. Unfortunately he was right. CC’s confidence remains an issue and I don't want him in net on Friday.

As for Seabrook. I must agree with Chelios. Seabs is the best we have.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:26 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
CCís confidence remains an issue and I don't want him in net on Friday.
It's not going to come back until he starts playing again and although he wasn't locked in last game, he put up zeros and that's enough to earn a chance given the state of the position this year. We haven't had a shutout so that 2+ periods plus SO was as good as we have seen this year. And every one of those saves was needed to get the win. That's the biggest key of all. We needed the goaltending to step up in a big way and win us a game against the best team in the league and it did.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 09:31 AM
BobbyJet

/\

Okay, but not starting Friday. As I said earlier, give CC his (perhaps last) chance to start against Washington and if he plays well, start him again against CBJ. Q canít keep handing him starts when he hasnít earned it. Not in such an important game.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 09:46 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
/\

Okay, but not starting Friday. As I said earlier, give CC his (perhaps last) chance to start against Washington and if he plays well, start him again against CBJ. Q canít keep handing him starts when he hasnít earned it. Not in such an important game.
I guess if he told CC he was starting against the Caps before Friday, it should still have the same effect on his confidence as if he was told he was starting Friday.

Old
03-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
We needed the goaltending to step up in a big way and win us a game against the best team in the league and it did.
He didn't step up in a big way, he made saves he should of.

The difference was in the way the Hawks played, not the goalies.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 12:08 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
He didn't step up in a big way, he made saves he should of.

The difference was in the way the Hawks played, not the goalies.
The problem with the goaltending all year is that they have let in goals they should have stopped.

Old
03-15-2012, 12:19 PM
sketch22

vCash: 2893
Quote:
The problem with the goaltending all year is that they have let in goals they should have stopped.
The problem with the goalies is that the team in front of them only plays D once a month.

sketch22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 12:26 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
The problem with the goalies is that the team in front of them only plays D once a month.
That's what some people keep saying here and it is partly true but bad goaltending is infectious and it has been bad. To say that your statement is correct is to say the goaltending has been good and has done as well as you could expect them to given the play in front of them. That is a bold faced lie. I've been watching hockey all the time every week for 15 years and this is as bad a performance by a tandem as I can remember on a team that was actually decent.

Old
03-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Sevanston

Sounds like Emery came down with the flu, so while Q said he's waiting to see, the most likely scenario is CC will be getting the start next game.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:11 PM
massivegoonery

Last edited by massivegoonery: 03-15-2012 at 01:30 PM.
massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
"know", lol.
Brain fart. This reply pretty much sums up what you bring to this board.

Old
03-15-2012, 01:38 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
Brain fart. This reply pretty much sums up what you bring to this board.
He probably just wanted to be right about something, let him have it.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:53 PM
sketch22

vCash: 2893
Quote:
That's what some people keep saying here and it is partly true but bad goaltending is infectious and it has been bad. To say that your statement is correct is to say the goaltending has been good and has done as well as you could expect them to given the play in front of them. That is a bold faced lie. I've been watching hockey all the time every week for 15 years and this is as bad a performance by a tandem as I can remember on a team that was actually decent.
So is bad defensive play. People keep saying that if a team doesn't trust the goalie they won't play well, but they are missing the other half of the equation. If a goalie doesn't trust the team in front of him then he won't play well either. The goaltending has by no means been good. Its been below average. The team defense has been horrendous though. Its was no surprise to me that after the 9 game losing streak a couple of things happened. The defense tightened up and Crawford looked the player he was in the playoffs last year. It wasn't until Hossa had a complete mental breakdown in the Dallas game that the wheels fell off.

sketch22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Agreed with all of the above except the Crawford part. I was forced to watch the Blues feed. Twerp Panger who commentates like he is in the stands with his Blues sweater on Ö.. was saying the entire 3rd period that Blues need to shoot from anywhere against a Crawford, who was fighting the puck. Unfortunately he was right. CCís confidence remains an issue and I don't want him in net on Friday.

As for Seabrook. I must agree with Chelios. Seabs is the best we have.
Seabs plays a solid season and I'm really happy that we have him. Nobody is perfect and everybody makes mistakes every now and then.

I've had that ****ing Blues feed too and I had to laugh about that commentates. Crawford was solid and a big reason why we got more points than them out of this game. Just because that POS Pang says something, it isn't right. And Crawford had a good rebound control

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote