HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dressing Room Frustration Discussion Thread

Old
03-13-2012, 01:20 PM
BOUNCE

vCash: 500
Oilers really need to do something about Horcoff. Seriously how do you think Hall Eberle and RNH feel about there captain AKA SHAWN FAILCOFF making 5.5million a year and being one of the worst players on the team. He can barely even win faceoffs anymore. Every play that is developing and it gets to horcoffs stick it just dies. Its a disgrace. They will never get anywhere with Horcoff in there lineup. Jones and Smyth have also slowed down dramatically.

Next year If the oilers are not paying Eberle and Hall above 5.5million I will be shocked. They will be asking for 7million each when shawn horcoff is making 5.5million. It's EBERLE & Halls team. GIVE IT TO THEM.

I don't even when start with Renney and what he thinks in his mind. 3+ years of losing probably gave him some brain damage because his decision making is starting to be worse with MacTs.

3Years of being Last in the league. Change the captain & change the management and coaching.

BOUNCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Koto

vets step on ice.

kids face palm

vets "skate" with two feet on the ice.

kids face palm

vets fail hard at passing/clearing the puck.

kids demand trade

Last edited by Koto: 03-13-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: i learned how to spell skate
Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:22 PM
hockeyaddict101

Glad there is tension in the room, there should be they are losing. It means they aren't just accepting losing.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:23 PM
ToeDrag83
Down, Not Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Maybe this has more to do with not having a very good hockey team and that consistent losing is starting to corrode things.
This is it right here. It's been about a month (some would argue since November) since this team has known its fate in the standings. The constant turd-polishing for the last little while knowing full well they will finish bottom 5 can only go so far before even more losses push the reality out into the open in the locker room. Pride be damned, half the team wants to win, and the rest of the team has mailed it in. There's no pride in that. You need to know the guy next to you in the room will do whatever it takes to succeed, and you need to want to do the same for him. This is far from a team yet.

But hey, another year, another fresh start/ blank slate to look forward to in September after we draft our game-changer.... sigh I am severely depressed.

ToeDrag83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:24 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Kids probably still teasing Horcoff about missing an empty net. I know I would.

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:27 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

What is.... going on?

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:35 PM
t0nedeff

Anyone else notice Horcoff taking faceoffs with his stick reversed? I mean the dude has lost the little he brought to the team and he's still seeing pp time.....I don't get it.

t0nedeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:38 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nedeff View Post
Anyone else notice Horcoff taking faceoffs with his stick reversed? I mean the dude has lost the little he brought to the team and he's still seeing pp time.....I don't get it.
nobody does, except renney apparently... this is the one thing that pretty much everybody that follows the oilers agrees on, that horcoff is terrible and is getting ENTIRELY too much ice-time (horcoff gets the most ice time out of any of the forwards)... horcoff only gets 9 seconds/game less on the PP than RNH does... RNH is arguably a top-5 PP player in the entire league this year, and horcoff gets essentially the same amount of PP time that RNH does... it's crazy-town

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:39 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
vets step on ice.

kids face palm

vets "stake" with two feet on the ice.

kids face palm

vets fail hard at passing/clearing the puck.

kids demand trade
Maybe if we're lucky.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:41 PM
ekcut

Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nedeff View Post
He is one of the few forwards we have that can stand in front of the net.
this was suppose to be Smyth's bread and butter, but #94 is no longer one of the leagues best at getting his butt in the goalies face.
That is the one and only reason horc is on the PP. I wish we had someone better, but we dont. I sure dont want Hall in the crease taking a beating...he is better served elsewhere.

Bring back Penner! (kidding)

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
My guess, time to blow it up. I mean it's been a good run, but clearly isn't working.

So you move out, Hall, Petry, Smid, Whitney, Smyth, Jones, Hemsky, Potter, Belanger, Eager and Hordichuk.

You take what you can get, and they you replace them. So simple.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I think everyone after post #2 missed Mohaj's point.

Obviously it's Team Hall vs. Team Eberle.

Hall's pissed Eberle beat him to 30 and wants his name back on the marquee.

Hall is still getting goals despite playing like garbage. At least he acknowledges it.

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:47 PM
frag2

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was Smyth, Horcoff, and Hemsky pulling some strings with Renney and the kids notice it and are miffed.

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:48 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Glad there is tension in the room, there should be they are losing. It means they aren't just accepting losing.
I agree. I don't think its anything to get worried about

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Maybe this has more to do with not having a very good hockey team and that consistent losing is starting to corrode things.
Realistically this is probably the case.

We are 8 points out of finishing at a historically bad pace. We would have a special place in NHL history finishing 30th 3 times in a row, joining the expansion level Sens and the Nordiques.

I mean, at some point the frustration has to boil over.

People will say "yeah it's a rebuild, there is no other way to do it!!", considering we could be joining a select group of franchises who failed as hard as we did, there is other ways. The key point in rebuilds is to improve, this isn't happening here.

Then combine the bad management above with bad coaching, and the players have multiple reasons to be frustrated. We could have 2 30g scorers this year on the Oilers, and finish 29th-30th. How pathetic is that?

Saying things like "give it time!" isn't exactly applicable. You don't improve from being a bottom 5 team to a playoff team overnight. You do it in steps. Right now we have a mess of a roster. We've been good in terms of injuries, but what is showing is a lack of quality on the roster. We're just a terrible ****ing team minus a handful of players, that is badly coached.

Atleast we have players that give a damn to be pissed off. Unlike the jobber vets we surround them with.

03-13-2012, 01:49 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge View Post

Hall is still getting goals despite playing like garbage. At least he acknowledges it.
not sure how scoring in 3 straight games is "playing like garbage"... i wish all our players would play like garbage then... ridiculous comment

Old
03-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Cam98

i want renny gone after this season. complete ******** him as a coach.

Cam98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:52 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I'm severely dyslexic.

My apologies Mohaj, sometimes your posting style meets Mowzie's in the middle.
apology accepted....in time...

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:53 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Man it's hard being a fan of this team.

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:57 PM
nightfighter

What were the comments anyways?

nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:59 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Realistically this is probably the case.

We are 8 points out of finishing at a historically bad pace. We would have a special place in NHL history finishing 30th 3 times in a row, joining the expansion level Sens and the Nordiques.

I mean, at some point the frustration has to boil over.

People will say "yeah it's a rebuild, there is no other way to do it!!", considering we could be joining a select group of franchises who failed as hard as we did, there is other ways. The key point in rebuilds is to improve, this isn't happening here.

Then combine the bad management above with bad coaching, and the players have multiple reasons to be frustrated. We could have 2 30g scorers this year on the Oilers, and finish 29th-30th. How pathetic is that?

Saying things like "give it time!" isn't exactly applicable. You don't improve from being a bottom 5 team to a playoff team overnight. You do it in steps. Right now we have a mess of a roster. We've been good in terms of injuries, but what is showing is a lack of quality on the roster. We're just a terrible ****ing team minus a handful of players, that is badly coached.

Atleast we have players that give a damn to be pissed off. Unlike the jobber vets we surround them with.
I am willing to give Renney a break only because (as you stated) the roster is garbage.
The kids are too young to play tough minutes and the veterans aren't good enough to play tough minutes effectively. The goaltending is below average and an upgrade deosn't appear to be in the plans. The defence is very weak and who knows if an upgrade is coming. The top 9 lacks size and grit and there is little evidence that the Tambo see's this as an issue.
There are holes all over the place and this has been the case for 4 years now.
I do not understand how all of this doesn't fall completely at the feet of Tambo.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
not sure how scoring in 3 straight games is "playing like garbage"... i wish all our players would play like garbage then... ridiculous comment
Hall even said last night in an interview he is playing like garbage. Why dont you take it up with him?

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Man it's hard being a fan of this team.
Imagine being a 27 year old fan of the Oilers and the Oakland Raiders........

Old enough to be around for all the pain but too young to know what winning is like.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:05 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge View Post
Hall even said last night in an interview he is playing like garbage. Why dont you take it up with him?
hmm i didn't see that anywhere, you got a link? not calling you a liar or anything, i just haven't seen that anywhere