HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tank Nation on track...5-2 loss.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Pyrophorus

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
I'm guessing the way some people are posting, that they believe this
team is a 28pt team.

Do you truly believe that?

Aside from that, I have no reason, why this team went into the tank,
in this way. Hate to say it, but large turn around is going to be, even
if its just to fit RC's style. I think a veteran at this point will be needed.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:10 PM
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet

Well, Kessel looked like he was playing with more physicality.
Ashton looked alright out there too.

That being said, the defense core should ALL be sent packing (except maybe Gardiner)

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonMushroom View Post
Makes me seriously question Burke's talent evaluating abilities, although he does say the coach picks the team. So we can blame that on Wilson, I guess.

Dupuis was brought in to win draws and improve the PK. Kadri is being groomed for top 6 duties. Burke doesn't make his future studs mire in the bottom 6. Its not a matter of evaluating talent, its about slotting him into a spot that supports his development.

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:12 PM
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
I would be irate and feel as though I were getting the shaft here in Toronto. If I am Kadri at this point I don't want to be a Leaf and have a bad taste in my mouth.
You are not Kadri, settle down.

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:13 PM
LetzgoEggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
He should be on 3rd shoring up his D this year. It's nice for top 6 to break in on 3rd line learning to be more responsible. Many coaches practice this philosophy.
True, plus he's close to the best PP forward we have, definitely the best shootout player. That's two huge assets.

LetzgoEggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:13 PM
The Mauve Avenger

That Liles extension isn't looking good right now.

The Mauve Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:15 PM
PoisonMushroom
I'm a fungi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
Dupuis was brought in to win draws and improve the PK. Kadri is being groomed for top 6 duties. Burke doesn't make his future studs mire in the bottom 6. Its not a matter of evaluating talent, its about slotting him into a spot that supports his development.
I wasn't even saying it was Kadri who should have made the team instead of Dupuis. There were many better options, including Boyce or Crabb who earned their spots in the bottom 6 last season.

PoisonMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:16 PM
LetzgoEggo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muEnLlycOn4#t=01m25s

Old
03-13-2012, 11:17 PM
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line

LAst caller on Leaf Talk, Tony ,was absolutely right. Watch us pick Galchenyuk and have him turn into a bust. This team sucks at drafting

PhiladelphiaKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ToewsFan19*

The last caller apparently doesn't even want a draft pick. Yes, let's forefit it in fear it won't work out. Genius! Seriously, who lets these people on the air?

ToewsFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
keonsbitterness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetzgoEggo View Post
Absolutely love that movie!

keonsbitterness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Im Old Gregggg

Quote:
Originally Posted by meng666 View Post
Kadri got the shaft this year for sure.
I'm glad he tweeted that. It shows that he is unsure of his position within this club and he's very unsatisfied by the situation.
This will be a catalyst for something, whether it's a trade or the team giving him a real roll for next year.
Most of you guys don't seem to understand that he is a 7th pick. There are a ton of connotations that go with being a high level pick; perhaps the largest of such is that by your second year pro you should be playing in the big leagues.
dont agree, he was drafting knowing he need more seasoning due to his size and he still needed to round out his overall game (imo going to london really stalled his developement, he stictly padded stats and didnt commit to actually improving at BOTH ends of the ice), you play when your ready/ when theres a PROPER FIT on the big team, teams dont call someone up just becuase they have been developing them for x ammount of years

dont understand how your happy about the tweet if anything it would create conflict... there are no more callups this year and now the writing is on the wall, he should have just let it slid concentrate on continuing tearing it up with the marlies and prepare for their playoff runand let his play do the talking for next summers camp

Im Old Gregggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToewsFan19 View Post
The last caller apparently doesn't even want a draft pick. Yes, let's forefit it in fear it won't work out. Genius! Seriously, who lets these people on the air?
Read similiar views on these boards.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:18 PM
ToewsFan19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaKessel View Post
LAst caller on Leaf Talk, Tony ,was absolutely right. Watch us pick Galchenyuk and have him turn into a bust. This team sucks at drafting
Actually no, he's dead wrong. This team sucks at developing draft picks, the guys we've picked with high picks lately (Schenn, Kadri) were supposed to go around where they went, we just can't develop them.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
LetzgoEggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonsbitterness View Post
Absolutely love that movie!
I share Ron Wilson escapism.. Only problem is i'm gravitating toward disaster movies lately.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
ToewsFan19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Read similiar views on these boards.
Which is idiotic, the problem isn't the players we pick, it's how we develop them. AKA Wilson throwin Kadri under the bus when he's just a kid, Schenn being in and out of the pressbox....

Old
03-13-2012, 11:20 PM
keonsbitterness

Quote:
He's just frustrated. Some Leaf fans think there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:21 PM
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line

Quote:
Actually no, he's dead wrong. This team sucks at developing draft picks, the guys we've picked with high picks lately (Schenn, Kadri) were supposed to go around where they went, we just can't develop them.
ok so thats even worse then. As much as i want a top pick, i just dont trust they will reach their potential with this franchise

PhiladelphiaKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Lightsol

Quote:
You don't forfeit a draft pick for that reason, but people have to wake the **** up and realize that a draft pick generally isn't the magic bullet they're looking for. There's a good chance even picking top 3, you end up with a player that is a few years away, or never makes it. People have to stop assuming that high draft pick = savior coming. What happens if the pick in question busts and Caryle's system turns the team around next year? Will we still be talking about the big draft pick then?

Although around here, I'd suspect there would be those that would.

Lightsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:22 PM
LetzgoEggo

Quote:
Forfeit the draft? After this tank? Sounds like a Leaf move.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:23 PM
keonsbitterness

Quote:
Which is idiotic, the problem isn't the players we pick, it's how we develop them. AKA Wilson throwin Kadri under the bus when he's just a kid, Schenn being in and out of the pressbox....
I think Schenn should have played another year of junior. I don't like playing 18 year-olds unless they're super-elite players.

Old
LetzgoEggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonsbitterness View Post
He's just frustrated. Some Leaf fans think there's no light at the end of the tunnel.
45 years will do that.

Old
meng666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Old Gregggg View Post
dont agree, he was drafting knowing he need more seasoning due to his size and he still needed to round out his overall game (imo going to london really stalled his developement, he stictly padded stats and didnt commit to actually improving at BOTH ends of the ice), you play when your ready/ when theres a PROPER FIT on the big team, teams dont call someone up just becuase they have been developing them for x ammount of years

dont understand how your happy about the tweet if anything it would create conflict... there are no more callups this year and now the writing is on the wall, he should have just let it slid concentrate on continuing tearing it up with the marlies and prepare for their playoff runand let his play do the talking for next summers camp
Well more than half the people posting here think that he was fine in his last call up, do you really think that you are so more knowledgable then everybody else? There is no chance of error in your surefire player assessment? I thought he was good enough last year, tons of people think he is great, he obviously thinks he is fine and could have helped the team. Our team sucks and we are looking like we are going to finish ****ing bottom 5 in the league. How in the name of god would have playing our 7th pick hurt the team to where we sucked worse than now? He doesn't seem to be getting any better in the AHL.

meng666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetzgoEggo View Post
Forfeit the draft? After this tank? Sounds like a Leaf move.
Draft smaft. Free wallets is the way to go.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:24 PM
PoisonMushroom
I'm a fungi!

Quote:

PoisonMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote