HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Tank Nation on track...5-2 loss.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:19 PM
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
I wonder if Burke will now tweet us what the Leafs record is since the Phaneuf deal?
burke is such a joke

PhiladelphiaKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:20 PM
fahad203

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
This is starting to feel like the Jason Blake years....

Utterly depressing.

The very thought of that makes me shutter and sickening

fahad203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BrannigansLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
I still remember when you were on me about complaining about the Leafs play early in the season, even though they were getting wins.
Yea, I remember how we were arguing about defensive play at THAT POINT IN TIME. Sorry I had to bold and caps, I just find it hard to get the message across to you that we weren't even discussing predictions.

But I do also remember how you kept wanting Wilson to get fired because you thought it would change something. Well here you are!

It's nice to know that you're still peeved about that discussion months later.

BrannigansLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mansfield
possession obsession

well, that nice pick gets closer and closer, don't screw it up now boys

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
michi510

God these bums... wonder how Burke's groin is feeling after this year. It's been kicked year after year.

michi510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TiMo15

It's obvious that Burke's retooling concept isn't working in 4 years.

TiMo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
leafs are great*

Well at least this will motivate the Leafs to make the playoffs next year. These players should be much improved with a year of experience.

leafs are great* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:21 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
andy frost tonight is by far the most negative about this Leaf team as I've ever heard him tonight. And remember, he's gotta watch it, as he's a paid staff member of MLSE.

go_leafs_go02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wendelstache

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruculentTML View Post
No amount of motivation/effort from our offense can be sustained when a goal is allowed every single time. Reimer is at fault for this one. IMO he sits the rest of the season. Ride Gus and give him a chance.
screw off, Reimer needs to 'redeem' himself...
he's the goalie of the future, we signed him for another 3 years.

START REIMS THE REST OF THE WAY CARLYLE

and while you are at it, scratch Grabo.... that guy got some personality issues.

Wendelstache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
fahad203

Quote:
andy frost tonight is by far the most negative about this Leaf team as I've ever heard him tonight. And remember, he's gotta watch it, as he's a paid staff member of MLSE.

He should watch it. Burke may go after him

fahad203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsRule2012 View Post
Well at least this will motivate the Leafs to make the playoffs next year. These players should be much improved with a year of experience.
Playoffs next year? I doubt it.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sundinforever13

4th year of Burke's tenure and we almost matched a 85 year leafs for being shutout for 3 straight games. (though we did get shutout for 196 minutes). Not to mention we're about to finish as bad as 2009-10 and do poorer than we did last season.

Great job burkie

Sundinforever13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruculentTML View Post
Anyone else seeing an eerie resemblance to Pogge tonight? I'm really hoping Reimer isn't the same flash in the pan...but I think I'm wrong.
The funny thing was, when comparing the two as rookies, Reimer was never supposed to be as good.
I suppose the lack of pressure really did wonders for him, seeing as he's done more then Pogge has ever done.
However, even though he's done better then most expected, this doesn't mean he'd become a super goalie like some expected, he still has the potential though, he dominated all the weak teams at the beginning of the season.

jomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:23 PM
wandering goat

Remember how Burke was saying he told Reimer not to be the next Jim Carey? Oh how we laughed, thinking there's no way that's gonna happen. Of course, tonight's on the whole team, we need to make better offensive zone decisions and capitalize on our chances, but Reimer hasn't shown any consistency at all this season, and I'm honestly worried about his future with us.

wandering goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelstache View Post
screw off, Reimer needs to 'redeem' himself...
he's the goalie of the future, we signed him for another 3 years.

START REIMS THE REST OF THE WAY CARLYLE

and while you are at it, scratch Grabo.... that guy got some personality issues.
why did Burke overpay for this crap

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

It's the personnel not the coaching. Wilson didn't get stupid suddenly coaching his 4th NHL team. People are just looking for easy scapegoats.

StarBurns RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Interactif

2 players away from making the playoffs next year huh? This team has no core, no franchise player. Until we get 1 or 2, it's more of the same next year.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PoisonMushroom
I'm a fungi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
I respectfully disagree.
I'm half kidding. But whoever recommended Connolly, Komisarek and Lombardi should be re-assigned as zamboni driver.

PoisonMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Doshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
This team is dead. I doubt it. Keep tanking!!
Oh trust me, I know. I'm just saying that'd be our luck. No playoffs, no top 5 pick.

Doshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Ari91

I'm not even mad...I just feel really sorry for them. It makes me wonder what it's going to take to break this team out of this funk. Right now, they play bad they lose, they play decent they lose and when they play well they still lose. For the players sticking around next year, I wonder what kind of mentality and confidence they'll have coming into a new season if they finish up this season at this pace. I can only hope they have it in them to return with some fire in their belly because they're going to need plenty of it to overcome this.

Panthers scoring 5 goals on us? Not surprised. Scoring multiple PP goals? Not surprised. When it comes to the Panthers this season, it's not the losing slump - they're right there in Boston trashing territory...just can't win against them.

The positives is that they actually scored tonight and that I see improvement in their cycle game. Kessel line still needs plenty of work though. The team had several great cycling shifts and sustained pressure and the moment the Kessel line comes on the ice, the play moves into the Leafs zone. Ashton, 2 bad penalties but I love his hustle. Youngest guy on the team but played with the most heart tonight. Hopefully his performance might inspire some confidence and pride with this team.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannigansLaw View Post
Yea, I remember how we were arguing about defensive play at THAT POINT IN TIME. Sorry I had to bold and caps, I just find it hard to get the message across to you that we weren't even discussing predictions.

But I do also remember how you kept wanting Wilson to get fired because you thought it would change something. Well here you are!
Takes more than 7 games for a coach to implement his systems... This stretch is great for the Leafs organization. We got that moron Wilson out from behind the bench and we're going to land a solid draft pick to build around. Also, Burke should be under fire for this epic collapse and the sooner that baboon is out of our organization, the brighter our future will be.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sundinforever13

Quote:
isnt he done after this season anyway? he'll probably say **** you burke, **** you rogers, and **** you mike in buffalo after the last game.

Sundinforever13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
During this increasingly inexplicable losing streak, this team is playing at a 28 point pace over 82 games, which puts them in the territory of one of the all-time worst teams, going from contending for a top six playoff spot to a bottom of the conference finish. To put this into context, the Washington Capitals of 1974-75 had 21 points. The Ottawa Senators 90s expansion teams had 24 and 37 points their first two years. The San Jose Sharks had 24 points in 1993.
Welcome to the 80's.

This team is now being retrained on the fly.

Their confidence is completely gone, so much that they will pass up a shot from the slot so that someone else has to shoot.

Need to land a difference maker in the draft, a Sundin or Clark. I'd prefer an intelligent player that knows how to win. Who are the winners with brains coming out of junior this year?

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PoisonMushroom
I'm a fungi!

I like Carlyle's answers during the post-game conferences. He's clearly not happy with how the players are performing.

PoisonMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Pyromaniac3

I hope the crowd doesn't cheer this team in the last game of the season. Absolutely pathetic.

Whoever called that this team won't last against playoff style game needs a medal.

Last edited by Pyromaniac3: 03-13-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Pyromaniac3 is online now   Reply With Quote