HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thoughts on Sean Bergenheim

Old
03-14-2012, 09:54 AM
ijk

vCash: 500
Thoughts on Sean Bergenheim

Good morrow to you Florida fans,

Congradulations on the successful season thus far. I just popped in here to ask what you guys think of Bergenheim. Last night he eclipsed his previous regular season record on goals with his 15th and 16th goals on the year.

I just wanted to ask more specifically as a fan who only sees highlites how he has played? Does he get lots of time on the PK or any time on the PP? Is he defensifely responsible?

Anyway, hope you guys make it to the big games!

ijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:57 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

We love him.

We love making fun of the pundits who made fun of him.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

^^^ THIS!!

And I've got 4 words for Keith Jones and Mike Milbury.

"In yo face Billy!" <-- For you Dave Chapelle fans

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:25 AM
BabyJagrov

A motor that never stops !

A great pest that goes to the dirty areas !

In one word... A fan-favorite ! A real one !

We had some issues early with his bad penalties, but you know he is going to get some during the season because of the way he plays the game.

Doesn't have the best vision or playmaking skills, meaning his assists total will never be that high... But I would still call him a playmaker for how he drives the net and forechecks relentlessly.

Was the last one signed in our free-agent frenzy but I think this team wouldn't be the same without him.

The epitome of the tireless-worker and what we call in hockey "sand-paper" !

He would have scored 20 if he didn't suffer some groin-injuries during the year IMO.

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:28 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
^^^ THIS!!

And I've got 4 words for Keith Jones and Mike Milbury.

"In yo face Billy!" <-- For you Dave Chapelle fans
I got two words for them, and whoever else doubts this team, and it starts with a F, and ends with a U!

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:28 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post

We had some issues early with his bad penalties, but you know he is going to get some during the season because of the way he plays the game.

Doesn't have the best vision or playmaking skills, meaning his assists total will never be that high... But I would still call him a playmaker for how he drives the net and forechecks relentlessly.

Was the last one signed in our free-agent frenzy but I think this team wouldn't be the same without him.

He would have scored 20 if he didn't suffer some groin-injuries during the year IMO.
Perfectly put!

Old
03-14-2012, 10:49 AM
PanthersHockey1
The Ring of Fire

easily my favorite player on the team this season.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post

Perfectly put! And I think he can still get to 20 in the final 13games! Remember last year he exceled during the playoffs for TB and essentially that's what our last 13games are going to be like.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Erick*

He'd be on pace for a 25+ goal season if he would've stayed healthy.

Some guys don't bring it every night, but Bergenheim literally brings his energy every night. He's a pest. He takes a lot of penalties because of his aggressiveness, but he's also among the league leaders in drawing penalties so it kinda evens out, in that sense.

He's a lot like David Booth who was also a fan favorite here; the difference is that Bergenheim is actually responsible, defensively.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:28 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

He's quickly become one of my favorite players on the team. I love the effort he brings in almost every game. I hope he reaches the 20 goal mark and sends a big 'FU' to Keith Jones.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:36 PM
zeroG

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
He's quickly become one of my favorite players on the team. I love the effort he brings in almost every game. I hope he reaches the 20 goal mark and sends a big 'FU' to Keith Jones.
i think it was mil bury who actually said he wouldn't score x goals (8?). could be wrong. we ought to be thanking him, though. great motivator.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:55 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I spoke to Goldie about this and he promises to ask jones about this when they cross paths.

Old
03-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
I spoke to Goldie about this and he promises to ask jones about this when they cross paths.
Goldie was talking to jones during one of the intermissions for the flyers game last week. I don't think he brought it up. At least not on tv.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:21 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Goldie was talking to jones during one of the intermissions for the flyers game last week. I don't think he brought it up. At least not on tv.
wouldnt wanna put old keith on the spot there or goldie and lindsay might get beat up off camera haha

Love Bergie, he's awesome.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:49 PM
ijk

Thanks guys, nice to hear that he has worked out for you guys.

I remember last summer I was discussing among my friends what all the UFA's will get. They thought I was being a dumbass when I stated after the initial UFA signings (Joel Ward for example) that Bergy would get closer to 3 mil in his next contract. They thought I was being dumb and guessed that he would receive 1-1.5 mil. Oh how the times (salaries) have changed!

ijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 04:12 PM
flapanthersfan

at $2.75 mil - he's a steal for what he brings. he's on pace for 27 goals over an 82 game season this year. he's a total pest and has proven playoff success, which teams pay big bucks for in free agency. great signing by tallon

the fact that we stole him from tampa makes it even sweeter

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 04:39 PM
ursavolta

vCash: 825
I have liked bergy since the first day during this season. Very passionate player and every time he is on the ice you can tell he just wants to make a big play (either defensively or offensively) every shift.

But i admit to me he is a bit of a selfish player (not by just seeing his assist but by the way he plays the puck) and his hockey vision is pretty narrow. He is a energy/instinctual player who relies on speed, fore checking, and grit - picture a better version of skille.

His contract is a bit overpriced (by maybe 500k or so) but we had money and we needed to reach cap. But he pushes the line to become faster/grittier and plays with alot of heart.

I wish he would play with bigger vision perception because sometimes he tries to do everything himself (notice the 1 on 1).. but sometimes you need players like that.

Great pickup by tallon -

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 05:03 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
I have liked bergy since the first day during this season. Very passionate player and every time he is on the ice you can tell he just wants to make a big play (either defensively or offensively) every shift.

But i admit to me he is a bit of a selfish player (not by just seeing his assist but by the way he plays the puck) and his hockey vision is pretty narrow. He is a energy/instinctual player who relies on speed, fore checking, and grit - picture a better version of skille.

His contract is a bit overpriced (by maybe 500k or so) but we had money and we needed to reach cap. But he pushes the line to become faster/grittier and plays with alot of heart.

I wish he would play with bigger vision perception because sometimes he tries to do everything himself (notice the 1 on 1).. but sometimes you need players like that.

Great pickup by tallon -
He is not overpriced one bit. You dont get 20 goal scorers for that amount, no way. Unless you are being sarcastic, I dont agree with some of the things you said.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:34 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Awesome. I never likes Jones even when he played. I'd love to see Goldie be a badass and get into an argument with him.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 05:40 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post

Great pickup by tallon -
so you want a guy whos producing like a 25-30 goal scorer at $2.25 mil? in a world where mikhail grabovski just signed for $5.5 mil annually? you're livin in a dream world man....

i agree with you that his playmaking ability sucks, but it isn't because he is "selfish" - he just has no vision. neither did booth, though, and he was never called selfish....he's exactly what booth was (at his best)...they play almost the same exact game...booth is a little faster, but bergenheim is much more of a pest/agitator... and we pay him half the salary booth made

great, great pickup

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 05:47 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

The vision Tallon has is amazing...

Old
03-14-2012, 06:19 PM
ursavolta

vCash: 825
Yeah i guess the cap is good.. maybe i was being a bit stingy

I did no mean selfish as in selfish to the entire team, but his nature.. every team has a selfish player(s).. some work some don't.. he would rather beat someone 1 on 1 instead of passing it to another player rushing up.. or shoot the puck instead of giving it to a player with a better chance of scoring..you dont need world class vision to notice these things.. we are talking about professional hockey players here...it's just his nature.. exactly like the booth example.. creates stuff outta nothing..

everyone just talking about the positives and making seem bergeheim is the an amazing player.. he's good... but he has his cons as well which i tried pointing out.

if you think bergenheim is not a selfish player then i think your thinking in a "homer" type of way.. not to sound like im being negative nancy, not trying to agitate fellow cat fans..

and hes not a natural 25-30 goal scorer.. he might look like it..but hes not...hopefully im proven wrong

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 12:12 AM
AaronEkbald

Bergy is a hustler. He doesn't stop moving and he is almost never seen coasting.

His emotions can get the best of him at times. He takes stupid penalties occasionally but it doesn't take away from what he's worth to this team.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 12:19 AM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LassieMaven View Post
Bergy is a hustler. He doesn't stop moving and he is almost never seen coasting.

His emotions can get the best of him at times. He takes stupid penalties occasionally but it doesn't take away from what he's worth to this team.
This should be his theme song.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:25 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Here's the article on it .... Would luv Someone ro
Make jones pay....
http://nhlhotstove.com/for-bergenhei...eds-repeating/