HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks @ Flames Cont...

Old
03-14-2012, 09:54 AM
USF Shark
Zôion politikòn

vCash: 500
Sharks @ Flames Cont...

keep it coming...

Old
03-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

no ...

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Internazionale

Was at the game last night, so will add my 2 cents....

The obvious turning point for SJ was not capitalizing on the 5 minute PP. Sharks had ALOT of call's their way and the place was all over the refs cuz of it. Dominik Moore looked lost on the ice half the time as he was hesitant to make the simple play. Clowe, Couture, Thornton had jump most of the night. Murray and Pavelski were non factors. Its like Murray is afraid to hit people now or something! Gagliardi is not a cycle type player. Gets the puck taken off him too easy, and every game I have seen him play with SJ, he gets rocked at least once a game. Sharks in the offensive zone were too predictable and were afraid to shoot the puck on net, while looking for that extra pass. Iginla's goal was a gift giveaway by pickles I believe. Niemi is just totally lackluster in net

Quote of the night on the jumbotron

''If Niemi has neice's or nephew's, does that make him Uncle Antti?''

I hate to say it, but this team MUST turn this around by the weekend. They won't get in and there are teams playing better then them that deserve to get in over us. GET RID OF NIEMI NEXT YEAR WILSON if you still have a job!

Internazionale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:30 AM
do0glas

i thought pavelski did a good job, rarely lost the puck, kept it in the zone.

Galiardi needs to put on some muscle this off season, he cant play along the boards.

the only goal that shouldnt have happened was iginlas. vlasic wasnt paying attention at all. but whatever.

i actually felt that we missed wingels out there on the third line, take what you want from that. moore needs some confidence on the ice.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:42 AM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

Yeah, Gali is bloody scary to watch. I want to yell "No Whammies!" whenever he steps on the ice.

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
slocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Trojan35

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
i thought pavelski did a good job, rarely lost the puck, kept it in the zone.

Galiardi needs to put on some muscle this off season, he cant play along the boards.

the only goal that shouldnt have happened was iginlas. vlasic wasnt paying attention at all. but whatever.

i actually felt that we missed wingels out there on the third line, take what you want from that. moore needs some confidence on the ice.
I would argue the OT goal shouldn't have happened either. Boyle's turnovers are killing the Sharks. The OT one was beer-league bad.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:07 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Well that was craptastic! yuk! Yuk! Yuk!

Didn't realize till last night Moore is lost like you guys said! I mean i saw him play live 3 times but he was hardly on the ice.

I'm in the boat of get rid of Niemi next year too but isn't he like signed into us for another 3 to 4 years? (ugh!)

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:10 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Well that was craptastic! yuk! Yuk! Yuk!

Didn't realize till last night Moore is lost like you guys said! I mean i saw him play live 3 times but he was hardly on the ice.

I'm in the boat of get rid of Niemi next year too but isn't he like signed into us for another 3 to 4 years? (ugh!)
Doesn't have a NTC and there are plenty of teams that he would be a massive upgrade for. Which is why i am totally ok with trading him, he's replaceable (internally) and the market is going to be good this off-season for goalies.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:29 AM
TealTownUSA

niemi will go back to the hawks next season. that was their intention to have this goalie come in and screw us over for taking a stab at hammer. bitter fields. or do i have the timeline wrong?

TealTownUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
OffSydes
#tank2014

Niemi is starting to get to Zito level. I want him off this team, he is a giant momentum killer and is good for 1-6 soft goals a game.

OffSydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:42 AM
SFtoBoston
Left-Heart-In-SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffSydes View Post
Niemi is starting to get to Zito level. I want him off this team, he is a giant momentum killer and is good for 1-6 soft goals a game.
Niemi may as well have 1 arm. He doesn't use the one with the glove on it for anything.

SFtoBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:46 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFtoBoston View Post
Niemi may as well have 1 arm. He doesn't use the one with the glove on it for anything.
could be worse. We could have Nabokov whose team last night was leading 4 to 1 at one point only to lose 5 to 4 from the Caps! (in a shoot out no less!)

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:55 AM
magic school bus

Niemi gave up 2 goals through 60 minutes (one of which was a frickin Iginla rocket shot), and he's still being blamed for the loss.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

we had a goalie with a great glove and terrible five-hole, now we have one who is great down low and crap glove ... can't win

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:58 AM
do0glas

So can we beat the preds thursday? Kings beat them, the wings, and the hawks. hopefully they take the 6-2 whooping personally.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:20 PM
SharksFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internazionale View Post
The obvious turning point for SJ was not capitalizing on the 5 minute PP. Sharks had ALOT of call's their way and the place was all over the refs cuz of it. Dominik Moore looked lost on the ice half the time as he was hesitant to make the simple play. Clowe, Couture, Thornton had jump most of the night. Murray and Pavelski were non factors. Its like Murray is afraid to hit people now or something! Gagliardi is not a cycle type player. Gets the puck taken off him too easy, and every game I have seen him play with SJ, he gets rocked at least once a game. Sharks in the offensive zone were too predictable and were afraid to shoot the puck on net, while looking for that extra pass. Iginla's goal was a gift giveaway by pickles I believe. Niemi is just totally lackluster in net
I agree that the 5 minute PP was the main reason they lost. Sharks had a lot of calls go their way but so did Calgary, i.e. the second 2 many men on the ice, and the missed hit from behind call on Gagliardi, which seemed like a makeup call for over call on the Demers hit.

Pavelski's production has nose dived in the second half of this season.

Moore has not impressed my at all, not sure why everyone likes him so much.

I think this was Gagliardi's best game yet and hope it continues.

I agree that the sharks too often are looking for another pass when they should just shoot, especially on the PP. I hate it when they have several opportunities to shoot on the PP but instead make another and another pass just to eventually have one broken up and the puck shot out of the offence of zone without a shot.

The giveaway on Iginla's goal was complete luck, the guy stepped out of the penalty box after Vlasic made the pass to intercept it. There was no way for Vlasic to know that the penalty was ending right as he was making the pass.

Niemi almost never seems to make the big save the Sharks need at critical points during the game. And he has been caught out of position several times on goals that should have been easy to stop, i.e. the Hall goal a couple games ago.

They have been playing better the last couple of games, but still way below their potential I believe. Several key guys are still struggling, Pavelski, Clowe, Handzus (who hasn't even been in the lineup the last couple of games) and they all need to figure someway to turn things around. Handzus is suppose to be our legit 3rd line center but can barely hold a 4th line spot right now.

Also I really like Demers and Braun playing the 3rd D line. I think it adds a much need offence, and I think both are comparable to Whites defense.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Kitten Mittons

Moore sucks. His only strength so far is his FOW%.

Kitten Mittons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:27 PM
ramstoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Niemi gave up 2 goals through 60 minutes (one of which was a frickin Iginla rocket shot), and he's still being blamed for the loss.
I wouldn't put the blame on him alone for the loss last night. But the criticism against Neimi is warranted because he's developed a pattern of being unable to stop goals in key situations. Time and time again Niemi lets in goals on breakaways, 1 on 1, 2 on 1, etc... of course he's not going to stop them all, but he needs to stop some.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Kitten Mittons

He just needs to play through these rough games. He is capable of starting all 82 games, you guys.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:34 PM
glasgow26

Is it just me or has Galiardi already been the victim of like five dangerous blows to the head since joining us?

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
Is it just me or has Galiardi already been the victim of like five dangerous blows to the head since joining us?
Poor ******* is getting his ass kicked every game...

Old
03-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Iron Chef

I'm willing to entertain those on the trade Niemi bandwagon, but do you guys think that Greiss would put up the same or better numbers than Niemi if he was the starter next season?

And similar question on Moore...he was essentially brought in because Zeus wasnt cutting it has the 3rd line center. Lets say Moore had Zeus' contract, would you think he was an upgrade over Zeus?

I liked Gally's game last night. He provided the energy of a McGinn, but just doesnt have his strength along the boards. Can't win any battles.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:40 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Moore sucks. His only strength so far is his FOW%.
Guess his 45% last night isn't helping his case then.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Wedontneedroads

Horrendous turnover by Boyle in OT. WTF was he thinking? From that angle you have one option, put the puck in the corner.

Somewhat frustrating that Stajan got the game winner when he, not Glencross, should have been tossed out of the game. Knowing the Sharks luck these days though Glencross probably would have gotten the game winner in regulation.

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Les Wynan*

It's easy to hate on Niemi and praise Nabokov because one looks ugly as **** in net with awful mechanics and rebound control while the other had a ton of raw talent, was elite in his ability to read the play and had a beauty glove hand. But, really, results are all that matter with goaltenders. Their job isn't to "stop the ones they should stop" as Drew will gladly tell you in the midst of his Lexus commercial as much as it's to just stop as many pucks as possible, period. Niemi's even strength SV% as a Shark is 0.926, Nabokov's from 2005 to 2010 was 0.920. Much smaller sample size with Niemi and maybe he goes downhill from here on out but he's done a better job of stopping pucks than Nabokov did after the lockout and he's doing it for much less money.

Les Wynan* is offline   Reply With Quote