HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cleveland @ Hamilton 2004-11-13

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
Thats a bunch of Bull crap!!! Ellis hasn't been bad but has been hit with bad luck. The Dogs give up on average 5-10 more shots against per game when he is in net.
Toivonen for Providence faced 50 or so shots last night and gave up only three goals. It's all about how goalies can face under pressure. Ellis might have problems, but so does the offence.

Old
11-14-2004, 12:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Thats a bunch of Bull crap!!! Ellis hasn't been bad but has been hit with bad luck. The Dogs give up on average 5-10 more shots against per game when he is in net.

Ellis's poor rebound control adds more shots to his totals. I have no doubt he'll get better, but what I question is why Jarvis continues to use him so much. Let him work on things with Moog and not start him so much since he's clearly struggling.

Old
11-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

Quote:
How many times do I have to explain this. They give up more shots and more goals with Ellis in net because they are too worried about their own end.
When Danis is in net the forward push the oppenents net harder the defense pinch more because they have confidence in Danis to make the big save if called upon. They do not have the same confidence in Ellis. With Ellis the forwards are more concerned about getting back to help defend if the other team is to turn the puck around, they do not get nearly the same offensive pressure.
Less offensive pressure means the puck is in the offensive zone less, meaning it is the Bulldogs zone more, meaning the opposition gets more shots and more goals.

Old
11-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
How many times do I have to explain this. They give up more shots and more goals with Ellis in net because they are too worried about their own end.
When Danis is in net the forward push the oppenents net harder the defense pinch more because they have confidence in Danis to make the big save if called upon. They do not have the same confidence in Ellis. With Ellis the forwards are more concerned about getting back to help defend if the other team is to turn the puck around, they do not get nearly the same offensive pressure.
Less offensive pressure means the puck is in the offensive zone less, meaning it is the Bulldogs zone more, meaning the opposition gets more shots and more goals.
That doesn't condone the weak goals he lets in and his bad positioning

Old
11-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
That doesn't condone the weak goals he lets in and his bad positioning
That isn't what I'm saying. The fact is Ellis' inability to stop the puck is hurting this team at every level. If you don't have confidence in your goalie you will never play your best offensively.

Old
11-14-2004, 02:54 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
That isn't what I'm saying. The fact is Ellis' inability to stop the puck is hurting this team at every level. If you don't have confidence in your goalie you will never play your best offensively.
Understood.

Old
11-14-2004, 03:10 PM
tritone

I'll stick with my initial observation

ELLIS BLOWS

Closed Thread