HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2012, 10:12 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
Take Hanzal out of the deal and the deal is getting closer.
Just closer? You wouldn't deal Yandle straight up for Duchene?

Old
05-21-2012, 10:16 AM
PhoPhan

It's close, but I wouldn't. Same goes for Hanzal. Duchene for either of them is close. Duchene for both is absurd.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:39 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Just closer? You wouldn't deal Yandle straight up for Duchene?
I'm not sure I would, but its not like Colorado would need to add. It's just whether or not thats the right fit. I'm not sure it is.

Old
05-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I did a check to see how they compared to each other over the past 3 years and was quite surprised to see that over that span Duchene has only outscored Yandle by 7 points. I know Duchene missed 24 games this season but still that's pretty crazy considering Duchene is a forward!

Old
05-21-2012, 09:26 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I did a check to see how they compared to each other over the past 3 years and was quite surprised to see that over that span Duchene has only outscored Yandle by 7 points. I know Duchene missed 24 games this season but still that's pretty crazy considering Duchene is a forward!
On top of the 24 games he missed the last 20 he played with reduced minutes and in a 3rd line role. He had injuries to both legs that he played through for the last 20 games of the season as well.

So a player has his season pretty much cut in half and then you use that to compare him to Yandle? Especially with Duchene only being in the league 3 years and only playing two and a half of the three seasons?

There is the fact Yandle is 25 vs Duchene being 21 as well..

Here I'll help you out..

Yandle's Point per game percentage is .512 and Duchene's is .684. Without the 20 games he played with injuries to both legs it's .750

.512 @ 82 GP = 41 points per season average

.684 @ 82 GP = 56

.750 @ 82 GP = 62

So that should put it in perspective for you.

Very interesting the way you attempted to spin it though props.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 05-21-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old
05-21-2012, 09:39 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
It's close, but I wouldn't. Same goes for Hanzal. Duchene for either of them is close. Duchene for both is absurd.
If your saying Hanzal & Duchene have similar value I am at a loss for words..

A 3rd line center that is 25 vs a 21 year old that was an all-star at 20? Hanzal has never even came close to putting up 67 points and sure as hell not at that age.

wtf..

Old
05-21-2012, 09:52 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
On top of the 24 games he missed the last 20 he played with reduced minutes and in a 3rd line role. He had injuries to both legs that he played through for the last 20 games of the season as well.

So a player has his season pretty much cut in half and then you use that to compare him to Yandle? Especially with Duchene only being in the league 3 years and only playing two and a half of the three seasons?

Here I'll help you out..

Yandle's Point per game percentage is .512 and Duchene's is .684. Without the 20 games he played with injuries to both legs it's .750

.684 @ 82 GP = 56

.750 @ 82 GP = 62

Quote:
If your saying Hanzal & Duchene have similar value I am at a loss for words..

A 3rd line center that is 25 vs a 21 year old that was an all-star at 20? Hanzal has never even came close to putting up 67 points and sure as hell not at that age.

wtf..
So, hockey is all about points, right? How often do we have to explain that Hanzal is a DEFENSIVE forward, and a potential future selke winner. He shuts down the pacifics top centers, and thats priceless.

Yandle is also a defenseman. Of course Douchene will have more points/PPG than him.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:17 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
So, hockey is all about points, right? How often do we have to explain that Hanzal is a DEFENSIVE forward, and a potential future selke winner. He shuts down the pacifics top centers, and thats priceless.

Yandle is also a defenseman. Of course Douchene will have more points/PPG than him.
I was just responding to that guy comparing Duchene & Yandle that way. Thought it was a little ridiculous.

As far as Hanzal goes, I am used to it with O'Reilly but Ive never heard Hanzal mentioned in anything resembling a Selke discussion. Didn't know that so I get it.

Old
05-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:

Here I'll help you out..

.684 @ 82 GP = 56

.750 @ 82 GP = 62

Did I mention that I'm surprised as hell that Duchene has only outscored Yandle by a mere 7 points over the past 3 seasons?

Old
06-05-2012, 03:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Got laid off today. Anyone have any good job leads?

Old
06-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Got laid off today. Anyone have any good job leads?
Huh? I thought your company was doing well?

Old
06-05-2012, 05:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Huh? I thought your company was doing well?
No, they've steadily tanked since about the time I was hired. They're down about 40- 50% a share since that time, in fact, last I checked. They did a fairly massive layoff about 18months ago, and for about the last six they've been doing a ton of head count reduction at a slower rate. Looking around the building lately it was pretty clear they'd reduced staff by a much more signifcant percentage than the last big layoff. They are really failing to cope with federal regulations and the industry as a whole is probably going to has to scale back in a large way if they have an prayer of surviving some big changes on the horizon concerning the way 80% of their "clients" finance.

I'm not going to get too much into my last company, but i essentially did glorified phone sales with a serious amount of support thrown in the mix. No commission or bonus but we had 6mo reviews and i managed to increase my salary about 14% since I was hired 2.5 years ago. It was a pretty high pressure environment with a ton of turnover.

I don't have a degree yet, and i do expect whatever job I manage to get will probably be a 25% hair cut on salary. I can live with that, I suppose. I'm a half decent salesmen when I'm pushing a crappy product I have no faith in and am miserable all day. I'd like to see how good I can be with a product i don't hate. I'm tempted by commission based opportunities but I just bought a house less than a year ago and was just married five weeks ago. I'm feeling like security is the more adult way to go.

Anyone have any ideas? A couple of years worth of phone sales and a couple of years worth of college credits with no degree to show doesn't bode well for me, I know, but I'm pretty much wide open to suggestions.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

I see now. Sorry to hear.

If the Coyotes are still here, you can apply for a ticket sales rep position if one becomes available. DBacks? Cardinals? Suns?

Old
06-05-2012, 06:32 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I see now. Sorry to hear.

If the Coyotes are still here, you can apply for a ticket sales rep position if one becomes available. DBacks? Cardinals? Suns?
That woukd be amazing. I've checked some of the linkedin sites for the Coyotes reps who's names I've seen on emails and such. Theyp all seem to have a lot of impressive experience. Who knows, maybe they'll need to significantly increase staff and I can sneak through! a guycan dream, right

Old
06-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
No, they've steadily tanked since about the time I was hired. They're down about 40- 50% a share since that time, in fact, last I checked. They did a fairly massive layoff about 18months ago, and for about the last six they've been doing a ton of head count reduction at a slower rate. Looking around the building lately it was pretty clear they'd reduced staff by a much more signifcant percentage than the last big layoff. They are really failing to cope with federal regulations and the industry as a whole is probably going to has to scale back in a large way if they have an prayer of surviving some big changes on the horizon concerning the way 80% of their "clients" finance.

I'm not going to get too much into my last company, but i essentially did glorified phone sales with a serious amount of support thrown in the mix. No commission or bonus but we had 6mo reviews and i managed to increase my salary about 14% since I was hired 2.5 years ago. It was a pretty high pressure environment with a ton of turnover.

I don't have a degree yet, and i do expect whatever job I manage to get will probably be a 25% hair cut on salary. I can live with that, I suppose. I'm a half decent salesmen when I'm pushing a crappy product I have no faith in and am miserable all day. I'd like to see how good I can be with a product i don't hate. I'm tempted by commission based opportunities but I just bought a house less than a year ago and was just married five weeks ago. I'm feeling like security is the more adult way to go.

Anyone have any ideas? A couple of years worth of phone sales and a couple of years worth of college credits with no degree to show doesn't bode well for me, I know, but I'm pretty much wide open to suggestions.
There are a lot of collection agencies here and they are always hiring. My daughter worked for one for a while. She was making good money but the stress was sky high.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:43 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

In the topic of finding a job with the Coyotes, how would you find a job as one of the losers who clean the ice during TV breaks? As a unemployed high school student, that would be a dream job. Getting paid to watch hockey? Sign me up !

Old
06-07-2012, 02:14 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Speaking of getting a job...who's got one for this guy?

Old
06-07-2012, 09:18 PM
BigGumby

Quote:
That woukd be amazing. I've checked some of the linkedin sites for the Coyotes reps who's names I've seen on emails and such. Theyp all seem to have a lot of impressive experience. Who knows, maybe they'll need to significantly increase staff and I can sneak through! a guycan dream, right
Not to be a dream killer, but last time I checked, they required a degree, even for their sales positions.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:43 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
In the topic of finding a job with the Coyotes, how would you find a job as one of the losers who clean the ice during TV breaks? As a unemployed high school student, that would be a dream job. Getting paid to watch hockey? Sign me up !
I asked my student whose brother works for the team; he said the job title is "skater" - so if you look on their website for employment opportunities, that's what you're looking for.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGumby View Post
Not to be a dream killer, but last time I checked, they required a degree, even for their sales positions.
If it's true that's mighty retarded of them.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:18 PM
drgregg

Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself to the board. I am from Winnipeg and have followed this franchise with embarrassing intensity since I was very young.

When the team moved to AZ, I was in university and was able to follow the team as closely, thanks to the then new internet, as I did when they were local. I started with newsgroups (it was that long ago), and graduated to coyotescorner.net. A poster at cc was named horichuk27 (I think) was always praising hfboards and the level of discourse there. I checked it out and became hooked.

I have lurked this site ever since, it has to have been around a decade now! I have seen posters come and go over the years and never wanted to join for fear of being 'sucked in'. After trying to talk to my wife about today's events a few times she told me to join the site already and find some new friends.

I believe in this team and this market. I believe that AZ can be a great hockey market if given something to cheer for. This playoff was riveting and hopefully grew new fans, and re-energized lapsed ones.

I believe that Jamison has his money straight and that the deal will close following the COG vote, hopefully taking place tomorrow.

Sorry for the ramble, believe me this was the abbreviated version.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:44 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

1st, welcome!

2nd, cc.net and hordichuk?!?!? My god man, you've been lurking a LOOOOOONG time.

3rd, I apologize for wasting so much of your time over the years. Haha.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself to the board...
Glad you decided to step out of the shadows good sir and welcome to the fold!

Old
06-08-2012, 12:27 AM
drgregg

thanks for the welcomes guys!

No joke on the lurking forever, been a diehard for 30 years!!

You can't imagine the lousiness of putting my Stanley Cup replica on top of the family TV, we only had 1 then, every spring to claim that TV for playoff viewing. The toy cup and the enthousiasm would last less than 2 weeks. And those were the good seasons. YIKES

Thank god for this year as the playoff run apparently played a role in saving the franchise.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1204533

Richards vs Ribeiro

Voice your opinion please.

Closed Thread