HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2012, 11:13 AM
  #451
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
I like fencing, but they never seem to show much of it.

I know that we'll get treated to hours upon hours of gymnastics, followed with a chaser of swimming. When that ends, they'll show a few track events and the closing ceremony.

Trampoline is pretty cool, I still can't help thinking "wow, that's a sport?" Did their parents just buy them a permanent bouncy house when they were kids or what?

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:22 AM
  #452
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
I like fencing, but they never seem to show much of it.

I know that we'll get treated to hours upon hours of gymnastics, followed with a chaser of swimming. When that ends, they'll show a few track events and the closing ceremony.

Trampoline is pretty cool, I still can't help thinking "wow, that's a sport?" Did their parents just buy them a permanent bouncy house when they were kids or what?
Hey, that beats parents buying them a video game system and letting them rot in front of a TV during their childhood!

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
  #453
SniperHF
Global Moderator
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 15,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
I like fencing, but they never seem to show much of it.
In 2008 they had a pretty damn good online streaming setup. You can watch just about anything that way.

SniperHF is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 12:16 PM
  #454
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
In 2008 they had a pretty damn good online streaming setup. You can watch just about anything that way.
I'll have to try it this time around.

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 12:17 PM
  #455
O23L
Worst tank ever.
 
O23L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,318
vCash: 500
I love watching sprinting. The 100m is the most exciting 10 seconds in sports.

O23L is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
  #456
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Hey, that beats parents buying them a video game system and letting them rot in front of a TV during their childhood!
Well unless they break their neck on said trampoline.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:00 PM
  #457
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,993
vCash: 500
What pets do any of you have now?

For me, I have had dogs as pets early on in my life but that changed overtime to cats.
Dogs are more of a pain in the ass to have around than cats although you can train a dog but not a cat.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:07 PM
  #458
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!
 
GiveAFlyingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gila River Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,924
vCash: 197
2 cats (one is more of a wookie) and 2 frogs. Sent away for 2 tadpoles and watched them turn into frogs about 4 years ago. They're still kicking.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:09 PM
  #459
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,993
vCash: 500
How well do those 2 cats get along? I had a cat before that was way to territorial and appears to have gone out of his mind as he got older.


Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-12-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:16 PM
  #460
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!
 
GiveAFlyingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gila River Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,924
vCash: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
How well do those 2 cats get along? I had a cat before that way to territorial and appers to have gone out of his mind as he got older.
They don't. We have Jim Crow laws in place for the cats. Separate but equal. One goes in a bedroom for a while and the other has the run of the rest of the house. Maybe it's more Shawshank Redemption. I'm for letting them fight it out, but they are the wife's cats.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:23 PM
  #461
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,993
vCash: 500
With the cat I have now, he will hiss at any cat he sees at a distance while sitting on the window ledge. One day he got outside and was hiding nearby and another cat was coming close. Thank god I pick him up for I was afraid of not only what he would do to the cat but also could contract a disease as well in the process.

Of course my arms were all scratched up from me getting that cat back inside with a fight.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:30 PM
  #462
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 500
I have a dog and a cat here. They get along great. Rotweiler, and not sure what kind of cat, we usually take in cats that are lost and can't find the owner.

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:33 PM
  #463
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I have a dog and a cat here. They get along great. Rotweiler, and not sure what kind of cat, we usually take in cats that are lost and can't find the owner.
You at least get shots for the cat right?

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:36 PM
  #464
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!
 
GiveAFlyingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gila River Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,924
vCash: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
With the cat I have now, he will hiss at any cat he sees at a distance while sitting on the window ledge. One day he got outside and was hiding nearby and another cat was coming close. Thank god I pick him up for I was afraid of not only what he would do to the cat but also could contract a disease as well in the process.

Of course my arms were all scratched up from me getting that cat back inside with a fight.
Hope you've healed up.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:37 PM
  #465
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
You at least get shots for the cat right?
Yep! My brother isn't here anymore, so we don't really do the cats anymore, he's the big cat person. I'm more of a dog person.

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:38 PM
  #466
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 500
Another random off topic, I'm looking to get a good used car. Do any of you have good sites to visit, or places you trust for a quality car? I hate cars with a passion(always break down, or something going wrong), I really just want a car I can rely on to get an oil change every 3000 miles and be done with it, and count on it starting and getting me to and from work.

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:41 PM
  #467
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,993
vCash: 500
I have and it wasn;t the 1st time I got scratched by one. Kittens are the worst though as you know. One night, I was deep asleep when a kitten jumped on my leg and ****ing bit me.

Mother****er drew blood and it had to take alot not to do something stupid back as at 1st I had thought I was bitten by a snake. Thank god one didn't get in, but I was able to put up with the kitten as he got older.


Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-12-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:43 PM
  #468
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 500
I just feel dogs are more of "omg you are home, let's play" - where as cats really don't give a **** unless they have no food and they are hungry. Dogs are always willing to garner attention.

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:46 PM
  #469
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Another random off topic, I'm looking to get a good used car. Do any of you have good sites to visit, or places you trust for a quality car? I hate cars with a passion(always break down, or something going wrong), I really just want a car I can rely on to get an oil change every 3000 miles and be done with it, and count on it starting and getting me to and from work.
Get a car from an old person. Despite that fact that I cant stand them driving on the road, they don't drive as much and you can get an older car with less miles and great up keep that way.

If you have to go to a car dealer, stay away from one of those fly by night ones in the ghetto areas and get yourself something with a great warrenty.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:49 PM
  #470
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I just feel dogs are more of "omg you are home, let's play" - where as cats really don't give a **** unless they have no food and they are hungry. Dogs are always willing to garner attention.
That is where we are different. I don't mind animals or humans that seek attention, just not too much of it. It all depends on the personality of the animal too. My cat knows when its best to see me and when to stay the **** away from me.


Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-12-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 11:51 PM
  #471
Flying Chalupa
Registered User
 
Flying Chalupa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Section 113
Country: United States
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
What pets do any of you have now?
Three cats. One of them is named Zbynek. She's happy the human Z is coming back

Flying Chalupa is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 02:00 AM
  #472
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,993
vCash: 500
I'm watching a live news feed from Downtown LA online and it looks like a riot is about to happen.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 02:26 AM
  #473
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I'm watching a live news feed from Downtown LA online and it looks like a riot is about to happen.
Why?

doaner is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 02:41 AM
  #474
Primrose Everdeen
The Shermanator
 
Primrose Everdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 63,737
vCash: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
What pets do any of you have now?

For me, I have had dogs as pets early on in my life but that changed overtime to cats.
Dogs are more of a pain in the ass to have around than cats although you can train a dog but not a cat.
I have two brittany spaniels who are pretty much polar opposites of each other. Both are rescue dogs; one must have been horribly abused by her previous owners (seriously, why the **** people do this to dogs, I don't know) because she's scared of everyone and freaks out at the slightest disturbance. She spends almost her entire day lying under the kitchen table or nearby it in the bottom half of a kennel we put some cushions in for her.

The other is rather hyperactive and friendly, loves to go on walks and sleeps in my bed with me sometimes. She's absolutely terrified of loud noises though (ones in the distance, if you clap your hands or bang a dish it doesn't scare her). Fireworks during ASU football games freak her out (I live a few miles away from Sun Devil Stadium) and so do thunder and lightning. Last night during the storm she hid under my bed and got stuck, so I had to pull her out by the paws.

Love them both to death, though.


Not really a cat person. I usually just end up ignoring them, and hate dealing with their litterboxes. I occasionally house-sit for my dad and they have a cat that won't leave me alone, and generally just annoys the hell out of me.

Primrose Everdeen is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 02:57 AM
  #475
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Why?
Still trying to find out why but there is a heave police presence there right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
I have two brittany spaniels who are pretty much polar opposites of each other. Both are rescue dogs; one must have been horribly abused by her previous owners (seriously, why the **** people do this to dogs, I don't know) because she's scared of everyone and freaks out at the slightest disturbance. She spends almost her entire day lying under the kitchen table or nearby it in the bottom half of a kennel we put some cushions in for her.

The other is rather hyperactive and friendly, loves to go on walks and sleeps in my bed with me sometimes. She's absolutely terrified of loud noises though (ones in the distance, if you clap your hands or bang a dish it doesn't scare her). Fireworks during ASU football games freak her out (I live a few miles away from Sun Devil Stadium) and so do thunder and lightning. Last night during the storm she hid under my bed and got stuck, so I had to pull her out by the paws.

Love them both to death, though.


Not really a cat person. I usually just end up ignoring them, and hate dealing with their litterboxes. I occasionally house-sit for my dad and they have a cat that won't leave me alone, and generally just annoys the hell out of me.
Sounds like you have 2 great dogs. Outside of self-defense, I can't see a reason why people would hurt animals for.

I don't mind the litterboxes since you don't have to worry about walking the cat and the cat always know where to go. Dogs on the otherhand are known to go anywhere in the house no matter how often you walk them.

I did hear though that some owners often rub the dogs noses in it will tell them not to go in the house. I don't know if that really works or if that is just animal abuse.


Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-13-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Colt45Blast is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.