HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2012, 11:13 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
I like fencing, but they never seem to show much of it.

I know that we'll get treated to hours upon hours of gymnastics, followed with a chaser of swimming. When that ends, they'll show a few track events and the closing ceremony.

Trampoline is pretty cool, I still can't help thinking "wow, that's a sport?" Did their parents just buy them a permanent bouncy house when they were kids or what?

Old
07-12-2012, 11:22 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post

I know that we'll get treated to hours upon hours of gymnastics, followed with a chaser of swimming. When that ends, they'll show a few track events and the closing ceremony.

Trampoline is pretty cool, I still can't help thinking "wow, that's a sport?" Did their parents just buy them a permanent bouncy house when they were kids or what?
Hey, that beats parents buying them a video game system and letting them rot in front of a TV during their childhood!

Old
07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
In 2008 they had a pretty damn good online streaming setup. You can watch just about anything that way.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:16 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
In 2008 they had a pretty damn good online streaming setup. You can watch just about anything that way.
I'll have to try it this time around.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:17 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

I love watching sprinting. The 100m is the most exciting 10 seconds in sports.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Hey, that beats parents buying them a video game system and letting them rot in front of a TV during their childhood!
Well unless they break their neck on said trampoline.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

What pets do any of you have now?

For me, I have had dogs as pets early on in my life but that changed overtime to cats.
Dogs are more of a pain in the ass to have around than cats although you can train a dog but not a cat.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:07 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 197
2 cats (one is more of a wookie) and 2 frogs. Sent away for 2 tadpoles and watched them turn into frogs about 4 years ago. They're still kicking.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

How well do those 2 cats get along? I had a cat before that was way to territorial and appears to have gone out of his mind as he got older.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-12-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old
07-12-2012, 11:16 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
How well do those 2 cats get along? I had a cat before that way to territorial and appers to have gone out of his mind as he got older.
They don't. We have Jim Crow laws in place for the cats. Separate but equal. One goes in a bedroom for a while and the other has the run of the rest of the house. Maybe it's more Shawshank Redemption. I'm for letting them fight it out, but they are the wife's cats.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

With the cat I have now, he will hiss at any cat he sees at a distance while sitting on the window ledge. One day he got outside and was hiding nearby and another cat was coming close. Thank god I pick him up for I was afraid of not only what he would do to the cat but also could contract a disease as well in the process.

Of course my arms were all scratched up from me getting that cat back inside with a fight.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:30 PM
awfulwaffle

I have a dog and a cat here. They get along great. Rotweiler, and not sure what kind of cat, we usually take in cats that are lost and can't find the owner.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
I have a dog and a cat here. They get along great. Rotweiler, and not sure what kind of cat, we usually take in cats that are lost and can't find the owner.
You at least get shots for the cat right?

Old
07-12-2012, 11:36 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

Quote:
With the cat I have now, he will hiss at any cat he sees at a distance while sitting on the window ledge. One day he got outside and was hiding nearby and another cat was coming close. Thank god I pick him up for I was afraid of not only what he would do to the cat but also could contract a disease as well in the process.

Of course my arms were all scratched up from me getting that cat back inside with a fight.
Hope you've healed up.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:37 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
You at least get shots for the cat right?
Yep! My brother isn't here anymore, so we don't really do the cats anymore, he's the big cat person. I'm more of a dog person.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:38 PM
awfulwaffle

Another random off topic, I'm looking to get a good used car. Do any of you have good sites to visit, or places you trust for a quality car? I hate cars with a passion(always break down, or something going wrong), I really just want a car I can rely on to get an oil change every 3000 miles and be done with it, and count on it starting and getting me to and from work.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

I have and it wasn;t the 1st time I got scratched by one. Kittens are the worst though as you know. One night, I was deep asleep when a kitten jumped on my leg and ****ing bit me.

Mother****er drew blood and it had to take alot not to do something stupid back as at 1st I had thought I was bitten by a snake. Thank god one didn't get in, but I was able to put up with the kitten as he got older.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-12-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old
07-12-2012, 11:43 PM
awfulwaffle

I just feel dogs are more of "omg you are home, let's play" - where as cats really don't give a **** unless they have no food and they are hungry. Dogs are always willing to garner attention.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Another random off topic, I'm looking to get a good used car. Do any of you have good sites to visit, or places you trust for a quality car? I hate cars with a passion(always break down, or something going wrong), I really just want a car I can rely on to get an oil change every 3000 miles and be done with it, and count on it starting and getting me to and from work.
Get a car from an old person. Despite that fact that I cant stand them driving on the road, they don't drive as much and you can get an older car with less miles and great up keep that way.

If you have to go to a car dealer, stay away from one of those fly by night ones in the ghetto areas and get yourself something with a great warrenty.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
I just feel dogs are more of "omg you are home, let's play" - where as cats really don't give a **** unless they have no food and they are hungry. Dogs are always willing to garner attention.
That is where we are different. I don't mind animals or humans that seek attention, just not too much of it. It all depends on the personality of the animal too. My cat knows when its best to see me and when to stay the **** away from me.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-12-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old
07-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Flying Chalupa

Quote:
Three cats. One of them is named Zbynek. She's happy the human Z is coming back

Old
07-13-2012, 02:00 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

I'm watching a live news feed from Downtown LA online and it looks like a riot is about to happen.

Old
07-13-2012, 02:26 AM
doaner

Quote:
I'm watching a live news feed from Downtown LA online and it looks like a riot is about to happen.
Why?

Old
07-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Primrose Everdeen
The Shermanator

vCash: 564
Quote:

For me, I have had dogs as pets early on in my life but that changed overtime to cats.
Dogs are more of a pain in the ass to have around than cats although you can train a dog but not a cat.
I have two brittany spaniels who are pretty much polar opposites of each other. Both are rescue dogs; one must have been horribly abused by her previous owners (seriously, why the **** people do this to dogs, I don't know) because she's scared of everyone and freaks out at the slightest disturbance. She spends almost her entire day lying under the kitchen table or nearby it in the bottom half of a kennel we put some cushions in for her.

The other is rather hyperactive and friendly, loves to go on walks and sleeps in my bed with me sometimes. She's absolutely terrified of loud noises though (ones in the distance, if you clap your hands or bang a dish it doesn't scare her). Fireworks during ASU football games freak her out (I live a few miles away from Sun Devil Stadium) and so do thunder and lightning. Last night during the storm she hid under my bed and got stuck, so I had to pull her out by the paws.

Love them both to death, though.

Not really a cat person. I usually just end up ignoring them, and hate dealing with their litterboxes. I occasionally house-sit for my dad and they have a cat that won't leave me alone, and generally just annoys the hell out of me.

Old
07-13-2012, 02:57 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Why?
Still trying to find out why but there is a heave police presence there right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
I have two brittany spaniels who are pretty much polar opposites of each other. Both are rescue dogs; one must have been horribly abused by her previous owners (seriously, why the **** people do this to dogs, I don't know) because she's scared of everyone and freaks out at the slightest disturbance. She spends almost her entire day lying under the kitchen table or nearby it in the bottom half of a kennel we put some cushions in for her.

The other is rather hyperactive and friendly, loves to go on walks and sleeps in my bed with me sometimes. She's absolutely terrified of loud noises though (ones in the distance, if you clap your hands or bang a dish it doesn't scare her). Fireworks during ASU football games freak her out (I live a few miles away from Sun Devil Stadium) and so do thunder and lightning. Last night during the storm she hid under my bed and got stuck, so I had to pull her out by the paws.

Love them both to death, though.

Not really a cat person. I usually just end up ignoring them, and hate dealing with their litterboxes. I occasionally house-sit for my dad and they have a cat that won't leave me alone, and generally just annoys the hell out of me.
Sounds like you have 2 great dogs. Outside of self-defense, I can't see a reason why people would hurt animals for.

I don't mind the litterboxes since you don't have to worry about walking the cat and the cat always know where to go. Dogs on the otherhand are known to go anywhere in the house no matter how often you walk them.

I did hear though that some owners often rub the dogs noses in it will tell them not to go in the house. I don't know if that really works or if that is just animal abuse.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-13-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Closed Thread