HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

vCash: 500
I love cats! They're basically the perfect weapon but soft and furry. In fact they say if Earth went to hell, cats would be one of the few mammals that would survive because they can successfully hunt and kill anything that is their size or smaller. They're the ultimate predators, tiny little bad *****. Granted I don't like cats because how awesomely deadly they are, I like them because they're fun to play with, look cool, I like how they purr, how ridiculously athletic they are, how they're aloof if you haven't earned their respect, etc. I just think they are really cool animals!!!

I like dogs too, I haven't had one since I lived at home but I will get one eventually. I can't wait to have one especially when it comes to camping. Camping is like dog heaven and seeing them get all freaking excited will get me all freaking excited.

I just love animals period and I think it's kind of lame to label yourself a "dog person" or a "cat person". Now I can understand why people choose to own one or the other but I don't know why owning one has to mean you dislike the other.

Old
07-13-2012, 03:27 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Libérée, Délivrée

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I just love animals period and I think it's kind of lame to label yourself a "dog person" or a "cat person". Now I can understand why people choose to own one or the other but I don't know why owning one has to mean you dislike the other.
I agree, pretty much. I happen to both like dogs and dislike cats, but if I were to really think about it deeply, I'd say the feelings are independent of each other. My sister's someone who likes both, and I know plenty of people who like neither.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:56 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Off-topic, but the biggest push for Prohibition came from two groups: the women's suffrage movement and the KKK. Unlikely partners, but they got what they wanted, for a little while at least.
The group I was searching for and failing to find in my ironically drunk little mind was the Women's Christian Temperance Union who IIRC later became Mother's Against Drunk Driving. Of course, now I'm hungover, so not exactly sharp as a tack at this moment either. When am I ever?

07-13-2012, 10:00 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post

Yuckk, gagg me with a spoon.
You cant be serious AP?.
Nacho's on a paper plate?!.
Hate ta say it, Trailer Parks' showin...

Mind ye', after staring at that photograph for the last 27 minutes gotta tell ya, it does actually look beyond tasty.
Those are not the Macho Nachos at Jobing.com Arena.

The Macho Nachos are made with shredded chicken, that was cooked in tomatos, peppers, and spices. It's really good. Also they not only use a traditional blend of shredded mexican cheeses but the also use that disgustingly delicious nacho cheese from a can. Having real cheese and fake cheese on the same nachos is really what puts the whole thing over the top. They're so good that my wife will on occasion be willing to stay sober and drive myself and a couple of goofball buddies all the way out to Glendale so we can be drunk, obnoxious, loud and generally irritate her for more than three hours. She is not a patient woman, but goddamned does she love some good nachos.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:04 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Exactly. And the idea that it's a captive audience...well, not really.

With a 7pm start time, most people will find a way to get around eating at jobing. I'd prefer to eat somewhere in Westgate before the game than to try to eat anything at Jobing.

If the food were better - not necessarily gourmet, but even just edible - I would be more inclined to spend money inside the arena. It's just too disgusting. I've tried several places and never been satisfied with the quality, other than the nachos.

And it's not something that just has to be accepted - there are other venues in town that have decent food. There are lots of venues everywhere, many of them have food that isn't bad. But the stuff at jobing is consistently horrible.

I'm not exactly sure how the financials work on the concessions, who gets the $, etc. But if I were the person trying to make money off of this venture, one thing I'd look at quickly is getting the food upgraded. I see many people buying beer at the jobing - but the number of people buying food is much lower. Perhaps with things that are actually good, the whole concession thing could make some money. And I'm not talking about $50 Kobe beef burgers - I'm just talking about food that tastes OK and doesn't make you sick.

I'd like to see salads. I'd like to see burgers. Do we have tacos? I don't think so, but I might be wrong on that. The hot dogs - get a bit of an upgrade from the rubbery $1 ones and so something more like the Costco ones. If Costco/Sams Club can sell a decent dog and a big soda for $1.50, jobing could certainly do so for $5-6 and still make a profit.

And on a personal level, I think they should sell shave ice. That stuff is great, and at an ice rink, why not? But it is a bit time-intensive, so they'd need to do it right. And they need to have the passionfruit and mango syrups, not just those lame cherry, watermelon and raspberry flavors.
If any of you are DBacks fans, I strongly urge all of you to go to the tamale cart. They are so amazing and shockingly cheap (comparitively). You can get red or green, you can get pork, beef, or corn (maybe chicken, but I don't swing that way), and add cheese, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream to top 'em off. They blow the crappy hot dogs out of the water. Where else in the MLB can you get authentic mexican tamales at a game? Really, if there were any justice that tamale stand would be the signature of Chase Field. People in other markets should know about our tamale stands.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:15 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
It's a captive audience because you can't bring in food from the outside and you're ostensibly trapped there from 7 to 10, which is when an awful lot of people typically eat dinner. You can eat before or after, but if you work a 9-5 job, it can be tough.

As for why it's not better: there's not much incentive to do so. More people would buy food if it were better, but it also costs more money to produce better food. The same business model exists in just about every stadium and arena for a reason.
I've never been able to go to games after work before but that must suck to have to pay so much money for such crappy food. I'll eat the nachos by choice but I only go to something like eight games a year, so I'm not sick of them, or anything. Usually we'll go to a bar before the game starts and eat cheap bar food and drink cheap bar beer.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

The picture I provided wasn't like the macho nachos at the arena but it was an idea of what the item looks like. Its served in a clear plastic bowl with the following for those of you that never had it:

Chips
Choice of chicken or steak
Salsa
Cheese sauce and shredded cheese mix
Jalapenos
Sour Cream

No question that the Staples Center has better options from when I went there.
I had what was called a Junk yard Dawg
1ft long Farmer Johns All Beef Hot Dog
Potatoes
Chorizo
Shredded Jalapeno white cheese.

Served with a knife and fork.

Had the buffett at San Manuel Club which was pricy but excellent in itself. The buffett I had at both the Toyota Club and Club South were great in itself but there is room for improvement.
Slide show in the link I provided of the San manuel Club
http://www.yelp.com/biz/san-manuel-club-los-angeles

I had this:
The chicken, prime rib, and fish along with the helpful servings of Egg and Veggie Fried Rice and shirmp and rice in a cheese sauce.

The meat was all tender and juicy while the sides were colorful with the right proprotions of each ingreadents added.

The owners of Staples Center can afford to have quality food at their arena served by high quality chefs. GJ might not do such a thing if he is going to rely heavly on Westgate for revenus and you might as well just get a bit to eat there.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-13-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old
07-13-2012, 10:55 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I think if they really want to try to lure in the Hispanic market, they should get a guy with the little cart and bicycle horn selling corn on the cob and paletas. I could totally see eating corn and watching hockey. And it could be our 'thing' instead of throwing octopi, snakes, etc, people could throw empty corn cobs. Or, make pipes out of them.

Old
07-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

I think we need to lay off the marketing myophia. For the most part, people of any race aren't going to care what you put outthere culture wise to attract them. Winning is what will attract anyone no matter who they are.

Old
07-13-2012, 11:05 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
If you guys wanna start a vegan/vegetarian Coyote fan group, I'll join, too.

There's a new Mexican vegan place downtown Phoenix we could go to. http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bel...tedibertos.php
I was a vegan from age fourteen to age eighteen. I'm an animal lover and it seems right for the planet. I'm not an animal nut by any means (hell I shoot the pigeons off of my roof with a pellet gun so they quit ******** all over my property), and I'm not an environmentalist (I'm the kind of a-hole that denies global warming has anything at all to do with human beings). It is pretty tough, though, to see what animals are put through in factory farms before and during their slaughter. Also, once you start looking at how much water and grain cattle consumes and how much waste they produce is really starts looking like a bad deal for the people on this planet. Having said that, it was hard to be vegan. The food sucks. I was really, really skinny. One day I just decided I wanted to eat food without having to think about it. I wanted muscles in my arms and I wanted to have a relationship with food like everyone else in my circle. I justified this with a thought that had be gnawing at me the whole time, "what difference does this make?" No vegan will ever convince another person to be a vegan that wouldn't have eventually become one anyway. There will never be a significant number of vegans. The impact of the very few vegans there will ever be is going to immeasurably small. It's a lost cause. I got hungry. I wanted to look good.

Ironically, five years later I was diagnosed with Type One diabetes after already having lost all of the muscles I'd gained and once again had to be extremely aware of food and have a completely different relationship with my intake than any other person I know. How many carbs are in this? What kinds of carbs are in this? How will my body absorb these carbs? Is there enough fat and protein to slow the absorbtion enough? What time of day is it? How active have I been today? How active will I be today? What is my current blood glucose level? How much active insulin do I have in my body? All of these questions must be answered before I can decide how much insulin I need to inject, and before I can decide how long after my injection I can actually put something into my mouth. Haha. It all comes back around, I guess.

Old
07-13-2012, 11:07 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I think if they really want to try to lure in the Hispanic market, they should get a guy with the little cart and bicycle horn selling corn on the cob and paletas. I could totally see eating corn and watching hockey. And it could be our 'thing' instead of throwing octopi, snakes, etc, people could throw empty corn cobs. Or, make pipes out of them.
I used to live in a really bad neighborhood where the paletas man would actually sell beer out of his cart. Haha. He'd sell it in sandwich bags with a straw and a rubber band. Basically like this...

Old
07-13-2012, 11:15 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I used to live in a really bad neighborhood where the paletas man would actually sell beer out of his cart. Haha. He'd sell it in sandwich bags with a straw and a rubber band. Basically like this...
The standard beer vendors might not like that so much, and it could get kind of messy sitting in the stands with a bag and a straw. You can't really put that in a cup holder, either. But corn would totally fit in the cup holders.

In any case, I've always found it preposterous that they don't put a lid on the beer on $1 beer nights. Really, if someone is going to buy multiple beers and then try to walk down the steps, the odds of it spilling are pretty high. By the 2nd period when they've had multiple trips involving multiple beers, the odds just keep getting higher.

It sucks to have beer spilled on you. And it really, really sucks when someone spills beer in your son's eye, and he didn't see it coming because he's blind in that eye and couldn't turn away. It ruins the whole period, because you have to go down to the first aid station instead of watching the game, in the hopes that they'll have some saline or something (they don't). Beer in the eye stings, and missing your team scoring a goal because you were trying to wash it out stings even worse.

Old
07-13-2012, 11:18 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
The standard beer vendors might not like that so much, and it could get kind of messy sitting in the stands with a bag and a straw. You can't really put that in a cup holder, either. But corn would totally fit in the cup holders.

In any case, I've always found it preposterous that they don't put a lid on the beer on $1 beer nights. Really, if someone is going to buy multiple beers and then try to walk down the steps, the odds of it spilling are pretty high. By the 2nd period when they've had multiple trips involving multiple beers, the odds just keep getting higher.

It sucks to have beer spilled on you. And it really, really sucks when someone spills beer in your son's eye, and he didn't see it coming because he's blind in that eye and couldn't turn away. It ruins the whole period, because you have to go down to the first aid station instead of watching the game, in the hopes that they'll have some saline or something (they don't). Beer in the eye stings, and missing your team scoring a goal because you were trying to wash it out stings even worse.
Follow the money. If they put lids on the beers, it costs them more money. If they don't more people spill and come back for more.

Old
07-13-2012, 12:03 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Today is my birthday, and I've only been called a form of "Gay" twice on my Facebook wall so far.

It's a good day.

Old
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Today is my birthday, and I've only been called a form of "Gay" twice on my Facebook wall so far.

It's a good day.
Happy birthday ya big Nancy.

Old
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
mitch27

Quote:

It's a good day.
happy birthday!

Old
07-13-2012, 12:11 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Thanks guys.

Old
07-13-2012, 12:13 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Anyone else in Phoenix getting heavy rain?

Old
07-13-2012, 12:16 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

In other good news I accepted a job offer today. I'll be paid 25% less than than the job I was fired from a month ago but my daily commute goes from thirty miles in traffic to two miles in no traffic. Also, my last job never offered overtime. I worked off the clock at least one hour per day, usually more like an hour and a half. The new job offeres OT pretty much every week, from what I understand. Also, my last job had no bonus potential. My new job has quartley bonuses.

A buddy of mine was fired from my last job about a year and a half ago and he's the one who got me the job at this new company. He said it's shooting fish in a barrel compared to what we were doing before. He's been the top perfomer every week since he was hired and he was no better than me at the last job we worked together (same kind of work) so I'm feeling pretty good about my ability to bonus regularly (he's hit max bonus every single quarter).

So with money saved on gas, overtime actually paid, and being able to get paid for working rather than losing money during my commute, I'm hoping to come close to breaking even. This while working in a much less stressful environment (not nearly the same gun to your head every day kind of atmosphere).

Old
07-13-2012, 12:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Anyone else in Phoenix getting heavy rain?
Downpouring in Mesa. Thank god because I just paid my INSANE water bill this morning, and I have a huge pool and a TON of flowers in the backyard (both on a drip and in pots).

Old
07-13-2012, 12:19 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
In other good news I accepted a job offer today. I'll be paid 25% less than than the job I was fired from a month ago but my daily commute goes from thirty miles in traffic to two miles in no traffic. Also, my last job never offered overtime. I worked off the clock at least one hour per day, usually more like an hour and a half. The new job offeres OT pretty much every week, from what I understand. Also, my last job had no bonus potential. My new job has quartley bonuses.

A buddy of mine was fired from my last job about a year and a half ago and he's the one who got me the job at this new company. He said it's shooting fish in a barrel compared to what we were doing before. He's been the top perfomer every week since he was hired and he was no better than me at the last job we worked together (same kind of work) so I'm feeling pretty good about my ability to bonus regularly (he's hit max bonus every single quarter).

So with money saved on gas, overtime actually paid, and being able to get paid for working rather than losing money during my commute, I'm hoping to come close to breaking even. This while working in a much less stressful environment (not nearly the same gun to your head every day kind of atmosphere).
Sounds like a promotion to me. Assuming you've got stuff you enjoy doing outside of work, the additional free time and lack of stress are worth an awful lot.

Old
07-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I haven't really tried much else but the Boarshead sandwiches and wraps at Jobing.com are good!

Old
07-13-2012, 12:21 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:

It's a good day.
If I had your address, I'd send you a nice bouquet of birthday pansies.

Old
07-13-2012, 12:28 PM
drgregg

Quote:

I'm a Coyotes fan, so apparently math is not my strong suit, but it sounds like with gas savings, and the opportunity for more income you should come very close to breaking even.

Congratulations! This is great news for you and your family!

Also, not on the $ part of the new job, but it sounds like your mental health will get a huge punch in the arm. Considerably shorter commute with no traffic, feeling like your time is valuable and has worth, gettting rewarded with bonuses and feeling appreciated; sounds like a whole new world.

Fantastic, what a great way to start the weekend!

Old
07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
drgregg

Quote:

It's a good day.
Bonne fete!

Have a great day!

Closed Thread