HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
  #501
krepitch
Coyote Fan
 
krepitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
In other good news I accepted a job offer today. I'll be paid 25% less than than the job I was fired from a month ago but my daily commute goes from thirty miles in traffic to two miles in no traffic. Also, my last job never offered overtime. I worked off the clock at least one hour per day, usually more like an hour and a half. The new job offeres OT pretty much every week, from what I understand. Also, my last job had no bonus potential. My new job has quartley bonuses.

A buddy of mine was fired from my last job about a year and a half ago and he's the one who got me the job at this new company. He said it's shooting fish in a barrel compared to what we were doing before. He's been the top perfomer every week since he was hired and he was no better than me at the last job we worked together (same kind of work) so I'm feeling pretty good about my ability to bonus regularly (he's hit max bonus every single quarter).

So with money saved on gas, overtime actually paid, and being able to get paid for working rather than losing money during my commute, I'm hoping to come close to breaking even. This while working in a much less stressful environment (not nearly the same gun to your head every day kind of atmosphere).
Congratulations!

100% jealous of the bolded part! That is awesome.

krepitch is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 01:23 PM
  #502
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,388
vCash: 500
Happy Birthday PhXCoyotes and congrats on the job rt!

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 01:26 PM
  #503
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Actually, surprising as it is it is for everything. My wife is vegan, but I love my eggs, cheese and milk. It's pretty sad how we treat our animals. I was giving my dogs some raw ground beef and to think it came from a cow was nauseating. Mexican and Thai foods are heaven for vegetarians like scottrocks and me.
Wow, I would not have guessed that in a million years! I'm not one myself but I can definitely understand your reasoning and I'm impressed you'd take such a stance.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 01:26 PM
  #504
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Today is my birthday, and I've only been called a form of "Gay" twice on my Facebook wall so far.


It's a good day.
Happy Bday.

Go out today and stop at all the earties to get something free for your Bday.

Denny's serves a free Grand Slam for your bDay.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 01:54 PM
  #505
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Wow, I would not have guessed that in a million years! I'm not one myself but I can definitely understand your reasoning and I'm impressed you'd take such a stance.
It wasn't that difficult to stop either. I love subway veggie sandwiches and there are a lot of "fake" chicken/meat products at the grocery stores too. My daughter tells my wife to divorce me when I have half and half creamer for my coffee since its baby milk. My kids also ask everyone they meet if they are vegetarian. It's pretty funny!!

doaner is online now  
Old
07-13-2012, 01:57 PM
  #506
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Today is my birthday, and I've only been called a form of "Gay" twice on my Facebook wall so far.


It's a good day.
Happy birthday! Maybe Jamison has a present for you?

doaner is online now  
Old
07-13-2012, 02:09 PM
  #507
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
Thanks for the birthdy wishes everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Happy Bday.

Go out today and stop at all the earties to get something free for your Bday.

Denny's serves a free Grand Slam for your bDay.
No way! I have to do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Happy birthday! Maybe Jamison has a present for you?
Best birthday present ever

AZcoyotes is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 02:13 PM
  #508
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
Need some help from you guys. Do you know of any place in the Bell rd/7th street area that is hiring? I'm a High School kid looking for job.

So far I've put a application at Safeway, and at Chino Bandido. (If you've never eaten at Chino's, I highly recomend it)

Open to any suggestions.

AZcoyotes is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 02:15 PM
  #509
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,282
vCash: 500
Full Time or Part Time? Did you just graduate HS or are you returning after the summer?

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 02:17 PM
  #510
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Full Time or Part Time? Did you just graduate HS or are you returning after the summer?
Part time. And I'm returning in a few weeks

AZcoyotes is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 04:19 PM
  #511
krepitch
Coyote Fan
 
krepitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
It wasn't that difficult to stop either. I love subway veggie sandwiches and there are a lot of "fake" chicken/meat products at the grocery stores too. My daughter tells my wife to divorce me when I have half and half creamer for my coffee since its baby milk. My kids also ask everyone they meet if they are vegetarian. It's pretty funny!!
Did you see Subway tested vegan "meats" on the east coast a few weeks ago...and they sold out really fast? I'm hoping they start selling them here, too. The veggie sandwiches are great, but some other options would be cool, too.

krepitch is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 04:26 PM
  #512
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,085
vCash: 500
While I respect the choice for those to be a vegetarian, there is no way I can be that.
I enjoy meat too much and it doesn't seem right for me not to have any meat in what I eat. Plus, alot of these vegetarian type foods seem too much of a gimmic, just like some of these organic foods as well.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 05:31 PM
  #513
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
While I respect the choice for those to be a vegetarian, there is no way I can be that.
I enjoy meat too much and it doesn't seem right for me not to have any meat in what I eat. Plus, alot of these vegetarian type foods seem too much of a gimmic, just like some of these organic foods as well.
It's not difficult at all. Plus, look at your teeth and a carnivore's teeth. Ours are more flat, which is typical of a plant eater.

doaner is online now  
Old
07-13-2012, 05:35 PM
  #514
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,085
vCash: 500
I think it has more to do with how one is raised and not so much what kind of teeth they have.
If anything, I have cut back more on the red meat though.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 05:38 PM
  #515
krepitch
Coyote Fan
 
krepitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I think it has more to do with how one is raised and not so much what kind of teeth they have.
If anything, I have cut back more on the red meat though.
If you're interested in the health aspect, I highly recommend a book called The China Study.

krepitch is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 05:43 PM
  #516
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
If you're interested in the health aspect, I highly recommend a book called The China Study.
M wife just finished that book. It was pretty amazing and twisted how we get influenced based on who is paying for study (ie meat industry, dairy, etc). That would be interesting to try at subway. We have a new drive thru one that just opened up here in flagstaff.

doaner is online now  
Old
07-13-2012, 05:46 PM
  #517
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I think it has more to do with how one is raised and not so much what kind of teeth they have.
If anything, I have cut back more on the red meat though.
I was raised on meats and fish all my life. I stopped about a yr and a few months ago. My wife makes amazing food. (my ex wife and her are starting a company together...it's weird). She went back to being vegan and I just ate her food. It was quite painless. I realize it's not for everyone, but you will be much healthier. I lost roughly 20 lbs the first few months.

doaner is online now  
Old
07-13-2012, 11:13 PM
  #518
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Part time. And I'm returning in a few weeks
I'm not really sure what's in your area, but Bell Road has bunch of things I know that. I worked at Target during school. Their sales floor shift is from 6-10 usually. You could do Cashier, that's super easy oh my god. I do that now at Circle K, hardest part is having patience to wait for the retards that get up to the front of the line and have everything out on the counter, but once you say "$5.94" - they finally decide it's time to pull out their wallet. Well how else were you going to pay for it you dumbass!

Restaurants, Outback is only open in the evening except on weekends, you could be a busser(don't have to deal with people, just fart around waiting for a table to get dirty), or any other restaurant for that matter.

There are a ton of part time jobs available for younger kids. Boy I miss being young!

Happy birthday by the way!

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
07-13-2012, 11:18 PM
  #519
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I'm not really sure what's in your area, but Bell Road has bunch of things I know that. I worked at Target during school. Their sales floor shift is from 6-10 usually. You could do Cashier, that's super easy oh my god. I do that now at Circle K, hardest part is having patience to wait for the retards that get up to the front of the line and have everything out on the counter, but once you say "$5.94" - they finally decide it's time to pull out their wallet. Well how else were you going to pay for it you dumbass!

Restaurants, Outback is only open in the evening except on weekends, you could be a busser(don't have to deal with people, just fart around waiting for a table to get dirty), or any other restaurant for that matter.

There are a ton of part time jobs available for younger kids. Boy I miss being young!

Happy birthday by the way!
Thanks for the suggestions! (And birthday wish) I put in a application for Target earlier today. Their application is the stupidest thing ever. It took me about an hour, and was asking me questions about Politics, and my childhood. It was really strange.

Wherever I work, I hope the hours are flexable. Need to go to as many Yotes games as possible

AZcoyotes is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 11:24 PM
  #520
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! (And birthday wish) I put in a application for Target earlier today. Their application is the stupidest thing ever. It took me about an hour, and was asking me questions about Politics, and my childhood. It was really strange.

Wherever I work, I hope the hours are flexable. Need to go to as many Yotes games as possible
That is one of the positives of getting through school and getting a big boy job. You go to work in the morning, and your evenings are left to do whatever you want. Through high school and college I was always working in the evenings, because of school during the day. I'm so stoked I can finally sit down, and enjoy a baseball game or another sporting event with a few beers instead of working.

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
07-13-2012, 11:37 PM
  #521
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
That is one of the positives of getting through school and getting a big boy job. You go to work in the morning, and your evenings are left to do whatever you want. Through high school and college I was always working in the evenings, because of school during the day. I'm so stoked I can finally sit down, and enjoy a baseball game or another sporting event with a few beers instead of working.
Yeah that's true, but It just goes hand and hand with having a job, and still being in school. There's no way around it.

AZcoyotes is offline  
Old
07-14-2012, 01:22 AM
  #522
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! (And birthday wish) I put in a application for Target earlier today. Their application is the stupidest thing ever. It took me about an hour, and was asking me questions about Politics, and my childhood. It was really strange.

Wherever I work, I hope the hours are flexable. Need to go to as many Yotes games as possible
I worked there for a little over a year. I was used and abused. Started out doing carts in the summer. Then cashier, food court and then sales floor. I then went to the flow team and signed in shipments, a level 2 specialist, but didn't get paid what I should have. Oh well. Best of luck!

doaner is online now  
Old
07-14-2012, 03:20 AM
  #523
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
If you're interested in the health aspect, I highly recommend a book called The China Study.
From what I've read the conclusions drawn in that book are pretty iffy to say the least. It passes itself off as sound science but has generally drawn the ire of the scientific community. I don't know if you're a numbers person but if so this person did a pretty good critique: http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the...act-or-fallac/

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
07-14-2012, 11:43 AM
  #524
krepitch
Coyote Fan
 
krepitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
From what I've read the conclusions drawn in that book are pretty iffy to say the least. It passes itself off as sound science but has generally drawn the ire of the scientific community. I don't know if you're a numbers person but if so this person did a pretty good critique: http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the...act-or-fallac/
Looks like there is a lot of back-and-forth between the two sides. I'll have to read through them. Thanks for sharing that link.

krepitch is offline  
Old
07-14-2012, 06:57 PM
  #525
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
dis weather

AZcoyotes is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.