HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-29-2012, 01:43 PM
  #751
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
I'm a former Leaf fan turned Coyotes fan. Bought my first Coyotes jersey yesterday. Feels great!
Welcome to the dark side!!

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 04:20 PM
  #752
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
I'm a former Leaf fan turned Coyotes fan. Bought my first Coyotes jersey yesterday. Feels great!
Was it the waffles that turned you?

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
08-29-2012, 04:28 PM
  #753
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
I'm a former Leaf fan turned Coyotes fan. Bought my first Coyotes jersey yesterday. Feels great!
Did Marshall turn you? I always see him with Arizona gear on.

doaner is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 04:37 PM
  #754
Naurutger
Registered User
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,195
vCash: 1329
Speaking of gear, what is the one item related to the Coyotes that you wear the most (general question). Mine is a St Patrick's Day hate with the Coyotes logo. I have gotten more compliments with that hat than any other item I own.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 04:46 PM
  #755
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Speaking of gear, what is the one item related to the Coyotes that you wear the most (general question). Mine is a St Patrick's Day hate with the Coyotes logo. I have gotten more compliments with that hat than any other item I own.
Division Champs tee-shirt.

AZcoyotes is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 05:36 PM
  #756
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Speaking of gear, what is the one item related to the Coyotes that you wear the most (general question). Mine is a St Patrick's Day hate with the Coyotes logo. I have gotten more compliments with that hat than any other item I own.
By far my Coyotes hat (mostly black with burgundy accents and grey front with the logo on it), in fact I'm wearing it right now!

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 09:57 PM
  #757
BigGumby
Registered User
 
BigGumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moon Valley
Country: United States
Posts: 301
vCash: 500
I have a couple Coyotes polo shirts that I wear frequently.

Which reminds me, I need to buy a Pacific Division Champions polo.

BigGumby is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 10:01 PM
  #758
Naurutger
Registered User
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,195
vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGumby View Post
Which reminds me, I need to buy a Pacific Division Champions polo.
Is there one? Need to get it for work!

Naurutger is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 10:05 PM
  #759
BigGumby
Registered User
 
BigGumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moon Valley
Country: United States
Posts: 301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Is there one? Need to get it for work!
Not sure, I haven't been to the team shop since the end of the regular season.

I didn't see one online, but I don't think they carried the playoff polos from previous seasons online.

I might just have to mosey on over there this weekend and find out.

BigGumby is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 11:00 PM
  #760
Mosby
Blue French Horn
 
Mosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Was it the waffles that turned you?
Lol. Mostly a combination of the Yotes great play and last year's playoff run that pulled me in, coupled with the Leafs awfulness.

Compared to the media circus that is Toronto, the Yotes being off the radar is a blessing in disguise.

Mosby is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 10:52 AM
  #761
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
I have 0 infractions. And since my profile doesn't say when they expired, I'm going to go with "Infraction Free since 8/23!" because it's AWESOME!!!

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
08-30-2012, 11:43 AM
  #762
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,525
vCash: 500

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 11:29 AM
  #763
ssmatik
Registered User
 
ssmatik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Side
Country: United States
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
This is about as off topic as you can get but sometimes things will pique my interest and I am just obsessed with mundane and strange crap.
I thought I would post it here for two reasons:
This is the only "local forum" I read and I believe there is a poster or two here that work in law enforcement. (DPS perhaps)

Very early on Friday (8/31) morning (12:15 AM) I was driving west on the I-10 around 51st Ave. Coming the other direction were around 5 buses. They were the unmarked charter type buses. The weird part was they had a police escort at the front and back as well as in the lane next to them.
Once they were past us, another group of around five buses passed without escorts. By the time we turned off on the 101 we counted over 25 of them going by.
Anyone here know what was going on?
My best guess was that maybe the escorted buses were the Broncos heading to the airport but the game had been over for two hours by then and it doesn't really explain the 25 or so other buses. At that time of night the majority of vehicles in that area are trucks, but seeing that over 75% of the vehicles on that stretch of freeway were charter buses was really weird.

Any ideas?

ssmatik is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 11:40 AM
  #764
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
This is about as off topic as you can get but sometimes things will pique my interest and I am just obsessed with mundane and strange crap.
I thought I would post it here for two reasons:
This is the only "local forum" I read and I believe there is a poster or two here that work in law enforcement. (DPS perhaps)

Very early on Friday (8/31) morning (12:15 AM) I was driving west on the I-10 around 51st Ave. Coming the other direction were around 5 buses. They were the unmarked charter type buses. The weird part was they had a police escort at the front and back as well as in the lane next to them.
Once they were past us, another group of around five buses passed without escorts. By the time we turned off on the 101 we counted over 25 of them going by.
Anyone here know what was going on?
My best guess was that maybe the escorted buses were the Broncos heading to the airport but the game had been over for two hours by then and it doesn't really explain the 25 or so other buses. At that time of night the majority of vehicles in that area are trucks, but seeing that over 75% of the vehicles on that stretch of freeway were charter buses was really weird.

Any ideas?
I would say it was an escort for the teams. That's what usually happens game day. It's pretty cool to watch.

doaner is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 11:50 AM
  #765
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
The 5 escorted buses had Peyton Manning in one of the them and the other 4 were decoys. The non-escorted busses had the Broncos in them.


Devils Advocate is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 03:43 PM
  #766
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,525
vCash: 500
As long as the tax dollars are not covering the escort, than I don't care how the security is set up for such a move.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 06:40 PM
  #767
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,231
vCash: 500
Maybe it was the chain-gang?

AZcoyotes is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 07:14 PM
  #768
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
As long as the tax dollars are not covering the escort, than I don't care how the security is set up for such a move.
Do you get mad when Police provide security at construction sites or other places?

doaner is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 07:56 PM
  #769
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,058
vCash: 500
Quebecers coming down for next COG meeting.

RR is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 08:02 PM
  #770
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Quebecers coming down for next COG meeting.
Huh?

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 08:09 PM
  #771
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Huh?
The police-escorted busses.

RR is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 08:19 PM
  #772
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,602
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Quebecers coming down for next COG meeting.
EDIT: The joke was totally over my head.

Magnifique is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 08:25 PM
  #773
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
The police-escorted busses.
Haha. I didn't realize what thread i was in. Oye, this ownership crap has to end.

rt is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 08:33 PM
  #774
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
My favorite clothing item is the black practice jersey I have, signed by every member of the team EXCEPT Ray Whitney. Except he went to Dallas now, so screw him!

But the item I use the most often - well, there are two. First, my pair of red hockey socks that are cool and thin and worn by someone on the team, I don't really care who - they are nicer than the knit socks, so I wear them often. Second, my gear bag, used by the team at some point and bought for me by my friend who stopped by at BTM and picked one up for my birthday. Perfect timing, since my old gear bag split open down a bottom seam shortly after that, and my stuff was falling out of it. So I use that frequently!

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 10:37 PM
  #775
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Do you get mad when Police provide security at construction sites or other places?
Its more about how the cost is covered that I am concerned about. If a sports teams is going to get an escort of the tax payers dime, then everyone should get the same kind of treatment as well.

If I am not mistaken, any law enforcenment unit will do any private security work at the cost of the private establishment or citizens net pay.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.