HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2012, 11:20 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Any gun nuts in here?
Does carrying a 1911 make me nutty or well prepared?

Old
03-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
I am not a gun nut but its on my list of things to get this year, and learn how to shoot

Old
03-29-2012, 11:25 PM
doaner

I took part in a study today at the range. Seeing if the smith M&P was easier for our officers or the sig sauer's that we currently use. I have to say, I'm a big smith fan now. Really easy trigger press

Old
03-29-2012, 11:27 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
I took part in a study today at the range. Seeing if the smith M&P was easier for our officers or the sig sauer's that we currently use. I have to say, I'm a big smith fan now. Really easy trigger press
Which SIG would you guys be coming from? The p250 has probably the worst trigger I've felt in a DAO gun.

Old
03-29-2012, 11:31 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Which SIG would you guys be coming from? The p250 has probably the worst trigger I've felt in a DAO gun.
I have the P226. It was just a study. I doubt we change. Would be nice to have the option to purchase on our own. Maybe down the road...I hope!

Old
03-29-2012, 11:35 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
I have the P226. It was just a study. I doubt we change. Would be nice to have the option to purchase on our own. Maybe down the road...I hope!
You'd have to be a nut to voluntarily give up 226s for a M&P. Seriously. It doesn't get any better sub .45 than the 226. Good enough for the SAS and SEALs but not Phoenix PD apparently.

Old
03-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Never saw a walsh post game when another reporter butted in before

Old
03-30-2012, 12:07 AM
doaner

Quote:
You'd have to be a nut to voluntarily give up 226s for a M&P. Seriously. It doesn't get any better sub .45 than the 226. Good enough for the SAS and SEALs but not Phoenix PD apparently.
Yeah. Glock is what all the local PD's use. Fortunately, the state went with sigs. I have a mounted flashlight on mine too. Silver slide. Pretty pimp. Expensive as heck too.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:12 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

If I win the lottery, I will buy and gun and shoot anyone that tries to rob me.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:15 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
If I win the lottery, I will buy and gun and shoot anyone that tries to rob me.
Need a body guard?

Old
03-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Need a body guard?
Possibility.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:20 AM
doaner

Quote:
Possibility.
I only charge 60% of winnings. Haha

Old
03-30-2012, 01:15 AM
awfulwaffle

AP if you take the lump sum, are you going to buy the Coyotes/

Old
03-30-2012, 01:36 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Any gun nuts in here?
I wouldn't say I'm a gun nut but I do like to shoot guns and I own 4 of my own. Well 5 if you count my high velocity pellet gun.

Quote:
Does carrying a 1911 make me nutty or well prepared?
Do you work a dangerous job of some sort? One thing I've never really understood are people who carry even though they're like an insurance salesman or something. I have a couple of friends like that and I like to tease them about it as much as possible. You know, being a good friend and all.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:41 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Do you work a dangerous job of some sort? One thing I've never really understood are people who carry even though they're like an insurance salesman or something. I have a couple of friends like that and I like to tease them about it as much as possible. You know, being a good friend and all.
I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Oddly enough, as we were posting in this thread a guy got shot in a parking lot near where I live. I used to work in a delivery type job with plenty of cash, so being able to defend myself just became a habit. It's not so much the gun but the mindset of being aware of your surroundings. You don't have to be paranoid but a little common sense and caution goes a long way in avoiding bad situations.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...ting-abrk.html

Old
03-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
I only charge 60% of winnings. Haha
You'll be lucky if you get 1%

Don't feel too bad though as if you want to play it now it is worth $640 million.

Old
03-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Oddly enough, as we were posting in this thread a guy got shot in a parking lot near where I live. I used to work in a delivery type job with plenty of cash, so being able to defend myself just became a habit. It's not so much the gun but the mindset of being aware of your surroundings. You don't have to be paranoid but a little common sense and caution goes a long way in avoiding bad situations.

Yeah that's typically the answer CC's usually give. I don't know, I guess I'm just not that afraid of the world around me. Granted if I worked a job where I constantly had a lot of cash on me I'd probably carry too, so I can see how one could get into the habit of it. In the end though, I think carrying a gun is far more likely to get me into a situation than get me out of one.

Old
03-30-2012, 04:01 PM
doaner

Quote:

Thats just it. I carry a Glock 27 (small 40 cal) on my ankle for work. If I ever travel anywhere, I always take that and my badge with me. I have even contemplated taking it to church with me. You never know where a crazy gunman might be. With the State moving several people with mental problems back to the streets, incidents like the one listed above, it will become common place and the innocent will suffer.

Old
03-30-2012, 04:03 PM
doaner

Quote:
You'll be lucky if you get 1%

Don't feel too bad though as if you want to play it now it is worth $640 million.
I played 5 bucks. Somebody has to win it, so why not one of us?

Old
03-30-2012, 04:04 PM
doaner

So does anyone wanna take my idea of putting Coyotes apparel on a referee and using them as avatars? I tried on my computer and it looked horrible. haha

Old
03-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
With the State moving several people with mental problems back to the streets, incidents like the one listed above, it will become common place and the innocent will suffer.
You really think getting shot in the parking lot of Home Depot is going to become common place? I don't know, I just don't see it like that. There are over 300 million people in the US and only a small, tiny, almost infinitesimal amount of those people are victims of random violence. I do think people should be aware of their surroundings but in general I just don't understand making a point to protect yourself against something that is so unlikely to occur.

Old
03-30-2012, 05:22 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
So does anyone wanna take my idea of putting Coyotes apparel on a referee and using them as avatars? I tried on my computer and it looked horrible. haha
I'll toy around with a picture of a ref on photoshop. I like the avatars that are rotating pictures and words, I don't know how to do that unfortunately.

Old
03-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Perhaps somebody can by RIM and relocate them to Phoenix???

Old
03-30-2012, 05:39 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I'll toy around with a picture of a ref on photoshop. I like the avatars that are rotating pictures and words, I don't know how to do that unfortunately.
You can do it in Photoshop. Lots of tutorials available online.

Old
03-30-2012, 06:02 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I do think people should be aware of their surroundings but in general I just don't understand making a point to protect yourself against something that is so unlikely to occur.
Why does it bother you? or rather, why does it matter? Most of the time you won't even know if the friendly father of three next to you is CCing. If they are the type of person who's dedicated enough to carry constantly, attend training and all that, they are a public asset rather than a liability. Both times that it's saved me, the mere presence of a way to defend myself took me out of the victim category and into the "He's too much trouble" one. The use of deadly force is the absolute last option in the playbook.

I also deep carried a knife (mostly for utility), with the clip visibly showing. If you were joe public you probably wouldn't recognize it on my pocket or you'd think it was a pen. The less wholesome types knew exactly what that clip was and hopefully moved along.

Closed Thread